Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stick a fork in Reggie...

Default Re: Stick a fork in Reggie...

ALL YOU FAIRWEATHER BANDWAGON FANS.
    If I were a fairweather fan, this site wouldn't exist, and I would have been booing Reggie since last season.

BE A PACERS FAN AND DON'T TRASH REGGIE. REGGIE IS MR. PACER. IT IS DISRESPECTFUL TO EVERY INDIANA PACER TO DISRESPECT REGGIE THE GOD MILLER.
    RAH RAH RAH RAH!
    Without Reggie this team would not be here. This series would be over. Game 1, Reggie won it. Without Reggie being unselfish, he would have asked to control the team and not given the young players to develop. Look for a big game for Mr. Pacer Reggie Miller Tuesday night. You can't blame Reggie for this loss, you blame the Pacers and an unhealthy team. Tuesday night, we will win it and send it back home for a Game 7.
    You aren't a Pacers fan, you are a Reggie Miller fan. You might even be a hardcore Reggie Miller fan, you know, the kind who are fans even after it is fashionable to be one. But its going to be hard for you to let go of Reggie Miller. Maybe you'll find another player on another team to cheer for, but be honest, if Reggie Miller were traded tomorrow, you would no longer be a Pacers fan.

Go Reggie!

I hope Reggie makes all of you eat crow. raw

http://www.nba.com/history/98reggie_moments.html
    1 of many
    you all just don't know who you are dealing with.

maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, but I'm stickin by the man.

You need to change your name rabid. No rabid pacer fan would ever name a thread like this.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Go Reggie!

I hope Reggie makes all of you eat crow. raw

http://www.nba.com/history/98reggie_moments.html
    1 of many
    you all just don't know who you are dealing with.

maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, but I'm stickin by the man.
    Last time I checked none of those Memories Brought us a Championship and 1 Trip to the Finals and I tell you what I would love to eat truckloads of Crow , so Reggie if you Can hear me ...MAKE ME EAT CROW

OK folks let's get something straight.

First of all, I'm not blaming Reggie for the LOSS. Go back and re-read my original post.

If Reggie did what he was supposed to do in this game we very likely would have lost the game anyway. I think Tinsley and J.O.'s injuries, the refs and Rip Hamilton's outstanding play were the biggest reasons for the loss.

And NOBODY has any business not calling me a Pacers fan. I've been a fan of this team for over 15 years, since way back in high school when I was the only kid in my high school willing to use our free PRESS PASSES to take pictures of our school choir singing the national anthem etc etc. I've spent thousands of hours and dollars following this team, have gone to playoff games this year and screamed my lungs out (I cheered as hard as anyone else in the arena at Game 1 when Reg hit the game-winner). I've rooted for this team in the forum when everybody thought I was a moron and a member of the "Sunshine Brigade." And I've spent hours and hours and hours doing the design for this very website (for free) www.pacersdigest.com.

It's BECAUSE I'm a Pacer fan that I think Reggie needs to retire. You guys need to understand the distinction between being a fan and being a cheerleader...

Reggie has had a few moments in this series, that's true. But there have been too many instances when he's been non-existent on the floor, when it looked like we only had 4 guys playing. And what I'm saying now, essentially, is that the bad now finally outweighs the good of what he brings to the table.

The man is just too inconsistent, and after what I saw last night, no longer has the "fire." I'm not saying he has no heart or doesn't care (if I happened to say something like that in the original post, I'm sorry and take it back - but I don't remember doing that).

The man let his team down last night. He had opportunities and wasted them - in a time of the game where his teammates were down and they needed him, he disappeared. There's just no excuse for that. J.O. is playing with ine leg - Tins with none. Reggie is writing stuff on J.O.'s shoe, saying "Remember Why #31," basically saying "win one for me."

Well guess what Reggie. You can't expect your teammates to put their heart on the floor with you if you won't stand by them - plain and simple.

What I'm saying is the man needs to retire. Not come off the bench, retire. Because the bad is now outweighing the good and for whatever reason he can't hide that anymore. And it's depressing and sad to watch.

I hope the team gets to the Finals, and I hope Reggie still has some moments in him along the way. But this is it, win or lose. This is the year.

but "Stick a fork in Reggie" . . .
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

but "Stick a fork in Reggie" . . .
    I call them like I see them. You know it's true. Deal with it.

Reggie is writing stuff on J.O.'s shoe, saying "Remember Why #31," basically saying "win one for me."

Well guess what Reggie. You can't expect your teammates to put their heart on the floor with you if you won't stand by them - plain and simple.
    You have this part wrong. JO wrote that himself; his motivation is to win one for Reggie. Reggie would never ask for it. (And even if you don't believe so, I have video of JO writing it so no arguing. )[/quote]

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And NOBODY has any business not calling me a Pacers fan.
    Amen , the majority of us have never went around questioning anyone's passion or faith for the pacers , but I see a small group who have done it alot in the past weeks , it's sad to see avid pacer fans insulted because they have valid concerns.

It's really has caused a rift among users on this forum lately and that's disappointing as this used to be the most mature place to discuss the pacers.

Now we have people running around calling people fairweather pacers fans and it's not really needed , it's tough and tense enough when we lose and it just makes it tougher and more sour when you have people saying you not a pacers fan.