Thread: So how are Murphy, Dunleavy and Ike working out for you?

Default So how are Murphy, Dunleavy and Ike working out for you?

Serious question, are you satisfied with their play?

Default Re: So how are Murphy, Dunleavy and Ike working out for you?

Mike is the man. Very satisfied with him.

Ike was a beast before he went down. I am waiting to see him get back into the mix.

troy.. left to be seen. Sometimes I love im and sometimes I hate him. I feel the same way about him as I did jackson lol

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Ike was a beast before he went down. I am waiting to see him get back into the mix.

troy.. left to be seen. Sometimes I love im and sometimes I hate him. I feel the same way about him as I did jackson lol
    That's good to hear. Sorry if this has been talked about a lot before, just wanted to get a feel of how they've played.

Mike just needed a change of scenery, I always thought he was a solid player. But in GS, people expected more then that from our #3 pick.

I hated Murphy, but Ike always has shown flashes of being very good. I remember when he torched Ben and Rasheed Wallace in a game a few seasons ago as a rookie for like 27 points. Injuries though have been a problem, sad to hear he's not healthy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Jackson View Post
    That's good to hear. Sorry if this has been talked about a lot before, just wanted to get a feel of how they've played.

Mike just needed a change of scenery, I always thought he was a solid player. But in GS, people expected more then that from our #3 pick.

I hated Murphy, but Ike always has shown flashes of being very good. I remember when he torched Ben and Rasheed Wallace in a game a few seasons ago as a rookie for like 27 points. Injuries though have been a problem, sad to hear he's not healthy right now.
    I think Mike and Jack needed to switch teams. I think both sides are relatively happy with the switch.

Troy is what he is.

Ike we have very high hopes for. We're undefeated with him in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post

In this sense, I guess you can say the trade was pretty fair. Mike and Jack are both the guys that you look to fill up the stat sheet and just make a general impact on the floor. Troy and Al both represent the annoying players in the deal. Ike can be accounted for by combining his production with Mike's to basically give the equivalent of what Jack's doing right now (which is a lot).

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

We miss Jackson's defense and ability to create.

I like Dun's shot better than Jack's. And of course I prefer having the ticking time bomb (Jack's temper) on your team.

But I was truly happy for Golden State last year in their amazing playoff run. Jack was key to that run and fun to watch. (And easier to watch if you're not terrified to see the other shoe drop.)

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I've become a bigger Dunleavy fan than I expected, but I dislike Trophy even more than I expected. He's fallen to fifth on our big man depth chart, and that's with Ike out due to injury. The only big man I'd play him in front of is Sims.

I like Ike, but I'm still hoping we use him as trade bait to fix some of the other problems on the team.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would like to say that I can't stand Jackson. But I put up with his inconsistencies because he was healthy. I believe that him and Rick just did not get along. If JOB was here last year I don't think we make the trade. Aww who am I kidding Indiana fans wanted Jackson gone. I would have traded Harrington for Diogu and Dunleavy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dunleavy is great when he's involved in the offense. Some nights though it just seems like his heart isn't fully in it. I think our new style is taking a toll on his stamina, but that he'll get used to it and be stronger as the season goes on. Although he can't create like Jackson when he attempts to click within our offensive system he usually suceeds, I don't think the same can be said for Jax.

Murphy is very inconsistent. Sometimes he is a great shooter, sometimes he isn't. The only think he consistently is is a defensive liability.

Ike it is still hard to tell. He looked good early in the season and there is a possibility that he is our PF of the future.

I actually miss McLeod. I think that right now he would have better numbers than Travis Deiner.

I liked Jackson's ability to create, but I don't miss his attitude or lack of consistency. I don't miss Harrington at all because he was much more of an "I" player who cared more about padding his stats than the team as a whole. He was such a black hole on offense, it drove me absolutely crazy to watch him. Saranus....don't even get me started. But you got rid of him right?

However it seems like it was a good trade for both teams.

This we like:

Do not want.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post

This we like:

Do not want.
    Geez Jay.......sometimes you have to have useless TV trivia in your head to figure out your posts.

I was trying to figure out what you had against Candice Burgen....then realized that you posted a picture of Murphy Brown.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Geez Jay.......sometimes you have to have useless TV trivia in your head to figure out your posts.

I was trying to figure out what you had against Candice Burgen....then realized that you posted a picture of Murphy Brown.
    But what purpose would I actually serve around here if it wasn't for random references to things most normal people forgot about last decade?

I mean, it does bring me some personal enjoyment, but LG and atc would both be quite capable of embarassing themselves if I wasn't around. And that's really the only other thing I bring to the table.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    But what purpose would I actually serve around here if it wasn't for random references to things most normal people forgot about last decade?
    Insightful basketball discussion?

:snicker:

Yeah, I crack me up.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I've become a bigger Dunleavy fan than I expected, but I dislike Trophy even more than I expected. He's fallen to fifth on our big man depth chart, and that's with Ike out due to injury. The only big man I'd play him in front of is Sims.
    I feel the same way, I thought I'd like Murphy better, boy was I wrong.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"