Thread: Reggie to Javie - "We're (Hamilton and I) the same player."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Reggie to Javie - "We're (Hamilton and I) the same player."

But, like Javie said Reg, he's younger. And, I hate to say it, much better.

75Ranger

Default Re: Reggie to Javie - "We're (Hamilton and I) the same player."

Rip torched Reggie tonight. Theres no way we can beat detroit or ever win a championship when our starting backcourt gets outplayed like they have been this whole series. That was a disgrace tonight, they clearly did not play with energy. I know were injured and I admire Tinsley and Oneal playing through sever pain but other guys on the roster seemed like they just didn't care.

Reggie is my all time favorite player and it hurts me to see him get burned by Rip and be such a liability on the court not only defensively but offensively as well, with him passing up open shots and not being aggressive. I think its time for him to hang it up because we will never win a championship with a team as poorly balanced as we are.

sweabs

What really bothered me about Reggie was in that last 2 minute mark of the 4th quarter, when he kept passing to O'Neal. That is when Reggie needs to take the 3pointer in my opinion...he had 2 chances to, and he passed them both up .

I still don't see how Reggie passing up those two threes with the Pacers down 13 in the waning minutes of the fourth is more critical than Carlisle's decision to leave him guarding the most explosive offensive player on the Pistons on the way to a career night until he already had 30 midway through the third which is when the Pistons actually went up by about 13. Don't blame Reggie for not being able to guard Rip, blame the coach for leaving him in the position to get burned. Reggie is the best deep threat this team has, and he is not being used appropriately. Screens screens screens. Give him a freakin' chance to burn Hamilton back. Give him 20 shots. Get him going early instead of expecting a bail out with two and half minutes left. If Reggie was such a detriment to this team, then they wouldn't need him to bail them out time and time again against real playoff opponents which they do.

sweabs

I still don't see how Reggie passing up those two threes with the Pacers down 13 in the waning minutes of the fourth is more critical than Carlisle's decision to leave him guarding the most explosive offensive player on the Pistons on the way to a career night until he already had 30 midway through the third which is when the Pistons actually went up by about 13. Don't blame Reggie for not being able to guard Rip, blame the coach for leaving him in the position to get burned. Reggie is the best deep threat this team has, and he is not being used appropriately. Screens screens screens. Give him a freakin' chance to burn Hamilton back. Give him 20 shots. Get him going early instead of expecting a bail out with two and half minutes left. If Reggie was such a detriment to this team, then they wouldn't need him to bail them out time and time again against real playoff opponents which they do.
    Granted, those 3's wouldn't have made much a difference anyway.

But it is the principle - he goes out and says this is such an important game in franchise history, yet what should be classified as "Miller Time" turns into nothing but stop the play and pass to a hurt JO.