Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did JO Diss JOB?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Did JO Diss JOB?

Sure looked like it.

With about 3 minutes left, JOB pulled Jermaine and JO was angry walking off the court. The coach grabbed his arm as he walked by to say, "What's the problem?" but JO just yanked away and kept walking.

My take on it is that JOB wanted to say, "Look, you're still injured. I'm not gonna keep you in when things heat up at the end."

JO, for his part, obviously wanted to be in at the end to affect the outcome. Another loss is on the books when he plays 25+ minutes, but he really didn't get a chance at the end to gain a victory.

However, I'm glad JOB didn't buckle and kept him out for good. If our coach keeps up that kind of discipline, he will continue to command respect and it will be good for everyone in the long term.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 12-01-2007 at 01:20 AM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Did JO Diss JOB?

Like I said in the post game thread this loss is not on JO. He played well for 27 minutes. Whether he is upset or not IDK and if he is upset IDK about what. We'll just have to wait and see.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure looked like it.

The coach grabbed his arm as he walked by to say, "What's the problem?" but JO just yanked away and kept walking.
    Yes.

yes he did, time to go go go!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

We never got into the running game. Am I the only that sees this. If JO did he should be suspended for a game and sent back to Indy. I thought it was a grimace like he hurt something... JOB said he hurt his shoulder and thats why he came out.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

So JO hurt his shoulder, he is falling apart! 20 million!?!?!!?
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Hopefully the shoulder injury isn't anything too serious. We need him to keep working back into game shape and have him get used to the offense.

If the shoulder's semi-serious, keep him out until both that and the knee are fully healed. I noticed he didn't do the tip-off tonight, Foster did. So I guess the knee might still be a little shaky.

I'm at a point where we might be better off with the medical exemption/salary exception.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

There's nothing there!

What's being talked about happened at 3:19. I just watched it several times and JO didn't yank his arm away.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If it happened like it's being described, action needs to be taken.

Neither IT nor Rick seemed to discipline JO in any way. This is something he has to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    If it happened like it's being described, action needs to be taken.
    It didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    It didn't!
    What's being described is what I saw. It sounds like you need to get your TV fixed

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

honestly I thought I saw JOB mouth "are you ok?" and jermaine walked to the bench gritting his teeth probably from frustration that he just got hurt and he can't be out there to help his team. I didn't see jermaine yank his arm away from JOB and throw a hissy fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    What's being described is what I saw. It sounds like you need to get your TV fixed

-Bball
    I watched what happened a dozen times. You?

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I wouldn't have been so upset about losing this game if it wasn't for the fact that Jermaine played and we lost. I knew as soon as I got online to read the posts it was going to be pile-on JO night. Nevermind the fact that granger shot 20 percent through 3 quarters, it was the 3rd road game in 4 nights, we were 3/19 from the arc, missed about a billion layups, missed a ton of free throws (JO was perfect from the charity stripe), tinsley was playing sick, and marquis didn't play cause he was hurt, and durant couldn't miss. You guys are right though this is all on JO you guys just keep tellin yourselves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I watched what happened a dozen times. You?
    "Back and to the left.... Back and to the left...."

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not shocked or suprised that someone here would over embelish what happened to stir the J.O. stew a little more.

What I seen on my DVR a few times was J.O. walking to the sideline, when he gets close to the bench, he yells "F**k". J O'B grabs J.O.s arm and asked/said something....J.O. just kept walking.

If you want to ding the man for not answering to his coach, then fine, but don't create stuff because you don't like the guy! Jermaine never jerked his arm away from J. O'B.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

It looked like Jim said "okay?" to him.

Also, it's DEFINITELY injury related. He was wincing in pain about two minutes before the stoppage, and he winced after he walked away from O'Brien. All the conspiracy theorists should go back to the play that led to the stoppage and watch Jermaine run down court. He looks like he re-tweaks his knee as he crosses halfcourt.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Surely there's a YouTube or Tivo of this somewhere??? I'd like to see it to make my own decision.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I'm not realy sure what happened. Gnome's explanation seems probably most likely - after learning he injured his shoulder. Prior to learning that I thought JO was mad he was being taken out of the game
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-01-2007 at 08:46 AM.

last thing we need is JO trying to block durant and hurting himself more in a meaningless game. In the grand scheme of things this loss isn't going to do us in. (mind you we don't miss the playoffs by one game,lol)
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    We never got into the running game. Am I the only that sees this. If JO did he should be suspended for a game and sent back to Indy. I thought it was a grimace like he hurt something... JOB said he hurt his shoulder and thats why he came out.
    What??? We obviously saw two completely different games because you apparently missed those parts of the game where the Pacers ran the floor pretty often. They pushed the ball throughout the game. Perhaps not on every possession, but they did get out on fastbreaks plenty of times as evidenced by all those gimme layups they missed at point-blank range.

As for the so-called hissy fit, I thought JO got mad because he got what he thought was another bogus foul called on him. That's about the time JOB pulled him. I think JO was just responding to the foul call and not to being pulled. He might have wanted to stay in the game, but I doubt he got that upset for being rotated out or not being on the floor in the final minutes of the game especially if he got hurt.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Can somebody post a clip of the exchange? That was done for the alleged Tinsley diss--but the clip showed me there was nothing to it.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    I'm not shocked or suprised that someone here would over embelish what happened to stir the J.O. stew a little more.

What I seen on my DVR a few times was J.O. walking to the sideline, when he gets close to the bench, he yells "F**k". J O'B grabs J.O.s arm and asked/said something....J.O. just kept walking.

If you want to ding the man for not answering to his coach, then fine, but don't create stuff because you don't like the guy! Jermaine never jerked his arm away from J. O'B.
    J.O. was obviously mad cause he was taken out the game!! that's the impression I got!!!
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

::shakes head::

Someone please post the clip.

Watch him run on the last fast break; you can see him come up limping a bit right after he crosses halfcourt. He also stops to listen to Jim before turning back around and then he grimaces. 3:19 in the 4th.

And while you're at it, go back to 4:55 after he takes a shot. He appears to grab his right arm in a way to brace against his side; which is what you do when you have a shoulder injury.

And then he grabs his shoulder, in pain and grimacing, as soon as he sits on the bench with 4:44 remaining.