Thread: Possible questions for the forum party

Default Possible questions for the forum party

Peck has done this in the past and we got some good questions. Anyone who is not going to the party (or even if you are for that matter) have any questions you would like us to discuss Saturday night. We'll report back on what some of the discussion was about.

I'm expecting a lot of JO discussion. Really there is a lot to talk about, so I'm looking forward to it.

Questions please
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-30-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Default Re: Possible questions for the forum party

Under the current situation, do you think JO will stay or walk after this season? Last year, there wasn't any doubt in my mind he would walk. This year . . . uhhhhhhh I don't know.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I have a few......

1. What specifically can the coaching staff do to promote better movement when the ball goes inside to JO, or some other post player? I have my own opinions, but I'd like to hear some other points of view.

2. What are some ideas that the Pacers could realistically do to market themselves to the rest of the state? We've discussed this some already in some threads, but does anyone have any new ideas?

3. What do we as a group feel is our team's single biggest weakness, and how can we solve it?

4. Assuming the Pacers future includes both Danny Granger and Shawne Williams, what skills and attributes do your other starters need to have to compliment them best?

5. Assuming Slick doesn't stay on the air forever, who would you like to see take his place eventually on the radio broadcasts?

It's my opinion, relax! Vince Neil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird1245 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2. What are some ideas that the Pacers could realistically do to market themselves to the rest of the state? We've discussed this some already in some threads, but does anyone have any new ideas?
    Get back on the radio in northern friggin' Indiana. Growing up in the 80's and even into the 90's if the Pacers were not on TV or I was not near a TV, I could always turn on the radio and listen.
    Cannot now.

David Harrison:

At the beginning of the season, he was as boneheaded as ever. So much that many of us would have just cut him. Lately, he seems to be 'getting it'.

Is he truly 'getting it'?

Will he finally live up to the potential that had many of us thinking he'd be starting by Christmas his rookie season?

Is it because he's in a contract year?

Is this just the quiet before the storm where he finally snaps in a way that makes Artest at the Palace look like Gandhi?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Will Ike Diogu keep up with his averages once he comes back from injuries?

Do the Pacers have to much quality talent? To many players that deserve playing time?

Is Jamaal Tinsley a long term answer at point guard?

Jermaine O'Neal, how does he need to fit in with this team? What does he need to do to fit in with this team and still be the player he was?

How do the Pacers shed some salary to re-sign Ike, Shawne, and Ike? What would you do?

If each Pacer was a chinese dish, who would be what and why?

Who's going to be better, Granger or Williams?

Also, I've heard it said that the comic strip Over the Hedge is based on forum parties. What I want to know is, who are the main characters based on?

RJ

A mischievous raccoon who will pick your pocket and steal your heart. RJ is impulsive, reckless and sugar-starved. He can be caught peering into neighborhood windows trying to catch some dinner.

Verne

RJ's best-friend and partner in crime. A sensitive, philosophizing turtle who is reflective and prone to allergies. Verne is a true renaissance-turtle, a critical observer with a deep spiritual side.

Hammy

A squirrel, good buddy and fellow member of the "Boyz in the Wood." Hammy may not be the most sophisticated creature in the forest but he seems to be adapting to the invasion of suburbia fairly well. Hey, how many squirrels do you know that carry tic-tacs?

Based on what we have seen so far this season is Kareem Rush a good pickup, a decent pickup, a who cares pickup or a poor pickup?

Once everyone is healthy what realisticly should be our rotations and who should get what min.?

Do we shoot to many threes?

Do you truely need a back to the basket post player to win?

Was Rick Carlisle actually the anti-christ? (I'd say devil but that is already taken )

I'll be back with more.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

With the lead, or maybe even in a tight struggle, should the 3's be reined in late in the game and more attention paid to the shot clock (and game clock) and trying to draw fouls (rather than take a 3 early in the clock... especially if the shooter isn't 'money')?

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Based on the first 17 games (after tonights game) what do you think our record will be by seasons end?
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

OK, I'm going to print these off and take them to the party tonight.