Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the NBA wasn't corrupt, the refs would be held accountable...

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: If the NBA wasn't corrupt, the refs would be held accountable...

You can blame the Refs til the cows come home , or you can blame Reggie Miller for Letting Rip Hamilton Explode on him like a Nuclear Bomb.

The only call that disturbed me was the T on JO that Javie Delayed in calling , but I dont think that would have helped the outcome of this Game.

This Game was for the Pacers to Lose and they Lost it with Poor Play ..No excuses

[quote="brichard"]
    [font=Arial:03788ee5b6] [/font][font=Andalus:03788ee5b6] [/font][font=Arial:03788ee5b6] [/font]

I'm sorry, but the fact he has a gimply leg should NOT prevent someone from making a play they would ordinarily make. If you're injured and you're playing, you take the risk.

Billups stopped what would have been a sure basket. He wasnt TRYING to injured the guy, he was just trying to prevent two points.
    OK, if Rasheed Wallace was about to start a similar break, yet Jeff Foster stepped on his foot with Plantar Fasciitis (sp?) to stop him... do you view things the same way? If you are being honest with yourself, I don't think you would.

This isn't the Girl Scouts, so in the course of the game people are going to get hurt. I'm not suggesting people wear kid gloves. But if it looks like somebody is intentionally banging into JO's knee or a player deliberately trips somebody with a gimpy leg... that totally changes things. This is the way all these guys earn their livelihood. If you are willing to play by these rules, you'd better be ready to live by them. And that my friend is how people get hurt.

Wanna stop him? Get up and slap his hand in an obvious no attempt at a steal. Even a tug on the shorts would be more ethical than a trip.
    Um, did you see the play? Billups was on the floor. The only part of Tinsley he COULD grab was his shoe.

And stepping on someone's foot is different, if only because I can see no real way why someone would ONLY have the option of standing on his man's foot, like billups's only option was to grab jamaal's ankle.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I did see the play indeed. I'm saying Chauncey could have tried to get up and catch Tinsley. Since he is playing with one leg right now, that seems feasible. If I can't catch him another way... I give up the points. I wouldn't want the reputation as a guy who commits a questionable foul that reinjures a player. Chauncey is going to be injured at some time and people have good memories. Live by the sword and die by the sword. I just think in this situation the risk was greater than the reward.
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

I did see the play indeed. I'm saying Chauncey could have tried to get up and catch Tinsley. Since he is playing with one leg right now, that seems feasible. If I can't catch him another way... I give up the points. I wouldn't want the reputation as a guy who commits a questionable foul that reinjures a player. Chauncey is going to be injured at some time and people have good memories. Live by the sword and die by the sword. I just think in this situation the risk was greater than the reward.
    Didn't see the playoffs last year, did you.

Chauncy basically had his season TAKEN AWAY by Eric Snow, why pulled a Bruce Bowen and put his feet directly below Chauncy's on a jumper, and chauncy badly sprained his ankle. the last 2 rounds of the playoffs billups was MAYBE %20 of his former self.

I don't fault eric snow though, he was just being physical.

Isiah thomas badly sprained his ankle in game 6 of the finals, and after 2 days his leg was the size of a freaking watermelon. And yet the Lakers CONTINUED to knock him to the floor play after play.

But I never once blamed the other team. Injuries are a part of the game. A tough pill to swollow, yeah, but I've had to swollow it many times over the last 17 years. Chauncy was just trying to save his team points, and if tins is playing hurt thats his own damn problem. Guys get tripped purposely 5-6 times during the average NBA game. It wasnt a dirty play.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can blame the Refs til the cows come home , or you can blame Reggie Miller for Letting Rip Hamilton Explode on him like a Nuclear Bomb.

The only call that disturbed me was the T on JO that Javie Delayed in calling , but I dont think that would have helped the outcome of this Game.

This Game was for the Pacers to Lose and they Lost it with Poor Play ..No excuses
    I've never agreed with you more.

However, if the Pacers were pointing to JO's and Tinsley's injuries as an excuse, I'd have a hard time arguing.

I thought this game was well officiated. Reggie gets called for that kick more often than its either a no-call or a defensive foul. Ron and Jamaal stayed out of foul trouble.

And the Pistons have consistently been allowed to hack and clobber the Pacers in the paint all series long.

I did find it funny that the Pistons fans/ kids sitting next to me were all over the officials because they thought the Pacers were beating up on thier players in the paint. Very ironic, don'tcha think?

I guess I do remember yelling at one of Ronnie Garretson's calls, because I yelled that his dad was 10x better as an official.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Didn't see the playoffs last year, did you.

Chauncy basically had his season TAKEN AWAY by Eric Snow, why pulled a Bruce Bowen and put his feet directly below Chauncy's on a jumper, and chauncy badly sprained his ankle. the last 2 rounds of the playoffs billups was MAYBE %20 of his former self.

I don't fault eric snow though, he was just being physical.

Isiah thomas badly sprained his ankle in game 6 of the finals, and after 2 days his leg was the size of a freaking watermelon. And yet the Lakers CONTINUED to knock him to the floor play after play.

But I never once blamed the other team. Injuries are a part of the game. A tough pill to swollow, yeah, but I've had to swollow it many times over the last 17 years. Chauncy was just trying to save his team points, and if tins is playing hurt thats his own damn problem. Guys get tripped purposely 5-6 times during the average NBA game. It wasnt a dirty play.
    All right, so what do you call Ben Wallace undercutting Oneal causing an awful hyperextension of his Knee. Ben, Rasheed, Karl Malone all undercut the jump shooter and its never called a foul. This in unfortunate and has now injured a NBA top 5 player in the ECF.

TOO MUCH CONTACT IS ALLOWED, AT least Joey Crawford KNOWS THE RULES and stopped that ***** in game 4 by calling the fouls forcing the players to play defense with their feet. When that happens, Detroit is a good but not great defense!

Water

[
    I guess I do remember yelling at one of Ronnie Garretson's calls, because I yelled that his dad was 10x better as an official. [/quote]

Then Ronnie is really BAD, because I thought his father sucked.!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

I guess I do remember yelling at one of Ronnie Garretson's calls, because I yelled that his dad was 10x better as an official.
    Holy cow I thought I heard some Lunatic fan screaming that during the Game :P

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

[quote="Kstat"]
    [font=Arial:e6a120aa59] [/font][font=Andalus:e6a120aa59] [/font][font=Arial:e6a120aa59] [/font]

I'm sorry, but the fact he has a gimply leg should NOT prevent someone from making a play they would ordinarily make. If you're injured and you're playing, you take the risk.

Billups stopped what would have been a sure basket. He wasnt TRYING to injured the guy, he was just trying to prevent two points.
    OK, if Rasheed Wallace was about to start a similar break, yet Jeff Foster stepped on his foot with Plantar Fasciitis (sp?) to stop him... do you view things the same way? If you are being honest with yourself, I don't think you would.

This isn't the Girl Scouts, so in the course of the game people are going to get hurt. I'm not suggesting people wear kid gloves. But if it looks like somebody is intentionally banging into JO's knee or a player deliberately trips somebody with a gimpy leg... that totally changes things. This is the way all these guys earn their livelihood. If you are willing to play by these rules, you'd better be ready to live by them. And that my friend is how people get hurt.

Wanna stop him? Get up and slap his hand in an obvious no attempt at a steal. Even a tug on the shorts would be more ethical than a trip.
    Um, did you see the play? Billups was on the floor. The only part of Tinsley he COULD grab was his shoe.

And stepping on someone's foot is different, if only because I can see no real way why someone would ONLY have the option of standing on his man's foot, like billups's only option was to grab jamaal's ankle.

and if that had been Ron Artest grabbing Billups foot on a breakaway?

The JO tech compared to the sheed no-tech in Detroit REALLY bothers me. Alos as shown earlier, the rule states it is to be called IMMEDIATELY...but that's just nit-picking the rules, isn't it?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

if that had been Ron he would've ben tossed from the game, flagrant 2, had a 2 games suspension and the rest of the world all over him for being such a badly controlled player.

fouls with the intent to throw a player against the wood used to be flagrant, no matter what you make of it.
    Was there any other intent on that foul? none.

the T on JO is something I don't even wish to discuss, Javie invented new rules there, or thought he was officiating a hockey match, either way he was way off.

most vivid images I have is JO going up for a lay-up or rebound amidst 3 defenders and all have their arms out, yet JO gets the foul.

not once, several times.

It was NOT the officiation that lost us the game, but they sure as hell didn't help.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I honestly feel the refs are never "in" our favor (think home cooking), and usually neutral at best, or seemingly a little (not massive; I'm not cryinc conspiracy) against us. I really feel that way.

Why do I watch? I want to see us win despite it.

Why do I watch? I want to see us win despite it.
    Agree, I think all of us do! Making shots is the way to win despite bad officiating. They can't take the ball out of the basket and thats why I was impressed with Freddie last night!

Water

sc

Isiah did not have a sprained ankle it was a broken foot.

Come on now guys, each team can complain about fouls from the game, that does not equal the task of why one won or lost the game.

It all evens out usually, unless it is Bavetta or Salvatore.

Pistons fans could on here and complain about all the offensive fouls that were not called, Reggie blowing out his ankle and falling down, the horrible call on Corliss when he leved Tinsley on the screen.

The reason the game was lost is the same reason the Pistons lost game 4. The Pacers were too full of themselves and did not come to play.

I'm still amazed anyone will try to defened intentionally tripping a player to the floor. That's ALWAYS dirty; whether they're hurt or not.

I'm still amazed anyone will try to defened intentionally tripping a player to the floor. That's ALWAYS dirty; whether they're hurt or not.
    trip rip hamilton all night for all I care....when was the last time anybody got INJURED from being tripped anyway? It happens all the time too.

trip rip hamilton all night for all I care....when was the last time anybody got INJURED from being tripped anyway? It happens all the time too.
    You're avoiding the fact that it's dirty. Stop rationalizing. "Well, no one gets hurt..."

And we should trip Rip At least bump him!

You're avoiding the fact that it's dirty. Stop rationalizing. "Well, no one gets hurt..."
    How is it dirty then? As far as im concerned, if there isnt a chance of injuring someone, NOTHING is a dirty play.

How is it dirty then? As far as im concerned, if there isnt a chance of injuring someone, NOTHING is a dirty play.
    First of all, I'm not convinced you CAN'T get hurt from that. But more importantly, it's the act that's dirty, not the potential results. The game is basketball, and you trip somebody like a punk. It's just wrong.

First of all, I'm not convinced you CAN'T get hurt from that. But more importantly, it's the act that's dirty, not the potential results. The game is basketball, and you trip somebody like a punk. It's just wrong.
    Is that any different than ron pulling paul's shorts down?

He prevented a fast break oppertunity for Indiana. He didnt do it for fun.

Is that any different than ron pulling paul's shorts down?

He prevented a fast break oppertunity for Indiana. He didnt do it for fun.
    Can you ever just admit something instead of throwing a question back the other way? I'll do what you can't: Directly answer you. Yes, it was different than what Ron did. Ron's was retarded, but how you can equate pulling a guys shorts down to tripping him and making him fall to the floor is ridiculous homerism. Tripping a player is never right; I was livid at Reggie Miller when he tried to trip a Celtic in Game 2 this year. You should never do it. But your homerism has make you try to equate it to one of our players doing something even more petty just to shift the blame. It ain't gonna work.

sc

Actually they are the same, both players could have been injured. Pierce's knees could have buckled from blunt trauma to the running action.

Either way when ever you try to stop someone in motion it is possible and injury could occur.

Actually they are the same, both players could have been injured. Pierce's knees could have buckled from blunt trauma to the running action.

Either way when ever you try to stop someone in motion it is possible and injury could occur.
    Last I checked, Paul Pierce was standing still when it happened. Ron's not fast enough to do it when Paul is striding around the court. I think he had to stop around a screen, and that's when Ron did it.

And even if you want to call it dirty, I want you Piston fans to say Chauncey was dirty first, because there's absoultely no question what he was trying to do: Make Tinsley fall on his face.

Last I checked, Paul Pierce was standing still when it happened. Ron's not fast enough to do it when Paul is striding around the court. I think he had to stop around a screen, and that's when Ron did it.

And even if you want to call it dirty, I want you Piston fans to say Chauncey was dirty first, because there's absoultely no question what he was trying to do: Make Tinsley fall on his face.
    He was trying to make tinsley drop the pass, which he did.

You people are unbelievable.