Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the NBA wasn't corrupt, the refs would be held accountable...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default If the NBA wasn't corrupt, the refs would be held accountable...

...for obviously biased officiating like the Pistons have gotten in this series. They're allowed to do absolutely anything they want, and they get away with it. On the flip side, we get called for touch fouls and get t'd up for everything.

Pistons fans will scoff at this right now, but mark my words -- they'll be singing a different tune after the Lakers are handed the .

Default Re: If the NBA wasn't corrupt, the refs would be held accountable...

Can't really blame the refs for this one. I blame Tinsley for forcing so many shots when he is injured, Croshere for playing like the piece of crap we knew he was, bench for not showing up till it was over, crappy second half FT shooting, etc, etc.

Can't really blame the refs for this one. I blame Tinsley for forcing so many shots when he is injured, Croshere for playing like the piece of crap we knew he was, bench for not showing up till it was over, crappy second half FT shooting, etc, etc.
    But you can't deny the biased officiating. I'm not saying it's the only reason we lost (it wasn't), but I'm sick of constantly being at a disadvantage.

Southside_Pacer

The call that pissed me off the most was when Jermaine gets called for an over the back on an offensive rebound.

However, Detroit does that often, and has NEVER gotten called for it.

It's also pretty bias when Javie KNEW that he was going to give Jermaine a technical, yet allowed to continue on their fastbreak allowing them the opportunity to score.

However, when they did not and play resumed at the other end, he THEN gives Jermaine the T.

If you're going to give Jermaine a technical, that's fine. But DO IT WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE GOING TOO, NOT LATER!!!!!

Dunno about earlier games but can deny it tonight. We didn't get every call but we got more then they did.

sweabs

Plain and simple - we really can't blame the refs. We played a REAL BAD game tonight and can only blame ourselves.

AcneBrain

Plain and simple - we really can't blame the refs. We played a REAL BAD game tonight and can only blame ourselves.
    I'm not "blaming the refs" so much as I'm stating a fact.

Refs can certainly shift momentum.

F--- Javie and the NBA.

We'll see who shows up to either help us get to game 7 or put us out of our misery on Tues.

I predict Dick the Knick Bavetta or Salvatore for Game 6.

Water

F--- Javie and the NBA.

We'll see who shows up to either help us get to game 7 or put us out of our misery on Tues.

Water
    Yep, book it. One of those two will put the final nail in the coffin on Tuesday.

Grey

Don't expect Salvatore to do the Pistons any favors.

May 11:The Pistons did let the officiating get in their heads Sunday. The minute they saw Bennett Salvatore was working the game, they knew they were in trouble. They are now 1-5 in games that Bennett has worked this season, including both playoff losses. Larry Brown's last three playoff defeats were officiated by Salvatore. Brown and Salvatore despise each other. It goes back a long, long time. The NBA arranged a meeting between them before the season to hash out the differences. Obviously, that was a waste of time.
    http://info.detnews.com/pistonsblog/

Don't expect Salvatore to do the Pistons any favors.

May 11:The Pistons did let the officiating get in their heads Sunday. The minute they saw Bennett Salvatore was working the game, they knew they were in trouble. They are now 1-5 in games that Bennett has worked this season, including both playoff losses. Larry Brown's last three playoff defeats were officiated by Salvatore. Brown and Salvatore despise each other. It goes back a long, long time. The NBA arranged a meeting between them before the season to hash out the differences. Obviously, that was a waste of time.
    http://info.detnews.com/pistonsblog/
    Bavetta it is.

From the NBA rule book:

From the leagues own rules found at NBA.com:

Rule No 12-Fouls and Penalties Section V

f. Assessment of a technical foul shall be avoided whenever and wherever pos-sible; but, when necessary they are to be assessed without delay or procrastination.

Javie can suck my @%)(

Bottom line, we absolutely sucked out there tonight. But it was clear the refs were picking on Reggie and JO. Remember Rasheed running out into the aisles screaming and pumping his fists in the first couple games and no T's? Yet Reggie and JO get tee'd up? Clearly the officiating was pro-Pistons. Anybody gets within a country mile of Rip and it's a foul but our guys get swarmed underneath and nothing. But regardless, even with pro-Pacer officiating we would have deserved the L. With the exception of Fred Jones, our entire team played poorly. In fact, I'd argue the officating hurts us because it gives the players something to focus on besides their own play.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

True, though I thought that AJ didnt play that bad. What killed us also was our pathetic FT shooting.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

sweabs

Bottom line, we absolutely sucked out there tonight. But it was clear the refs were picking on Reggie and JO. Remember Rasheed running out into the aisles screaming and pumping his fists in the first couple games and no T's? Yet Reggie and JO get tee'd up? Clearly the officiating was pro-Pistons. Anybody gets within a country mile of Rip and it's a foul but our guys get swarmed underneath and nothing. But regardless, even with pro-Pacer officiating we would have deserved the L. With the exception of Fred Jones, our entire team played poorly. In fact, I'd argue the officating hurts us because it gives the players something to focus on besides their own play.
    You make an interesting point. So Rasheed didn't get T-ed up for all of his antics in Game 2, and Reggie/JO get T-ed for what looked to be a lot less significant! Give me a break . Consistency - that is all I'm asking for.

DTropps

I'm sorry but ref conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

The Pistons had 22 personal fouls called on them. The Pacers 20.

I'm not trying to **** anyone off but foul calls always seem more biased when you are down and especially when you are hoping every point will lead to a run.

I'm not trying to **** anyone off but foul calls always seem more biased when you are down and especially when you are hoping every point will lead to a run.
    agreed but then again, the Pistons made aboout 50 fouls, the Pacers 10, you see any discrepancy now in your stats ???
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I'm sorry but ref conspiracy theories are ridiculous.
    You'll feel differently after the Finals.

But Detroit fouled us far more times than we fouled them -- that's the point.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

and on the same token youll find a lot of pistons fans thought the pacers fouled the pistons more. Welcome to homerism 101.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

and on the same token youll find a lot of pistons fans thought the pacers fouled the pistons more. Welcome to homerism 101.
    But they're wrong.

Seriously, though, Detroit will get whistled for all of these fouls against the Lakers.

In which you obviously excelled.

I am not often, no strong still, I have never to my recollection, blamed the refs, tonight was absolutely ridiculous.

anyone saying different has a problem.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!