13.2 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 35.6 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    12.0 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 26.0 minutes
    Jermaine O'Neal
    6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    13.2 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 3.1 apg in 30.1 minutes

The idea here is to get out from underneath two bad contracts, get some cap relief (Brown) a decent backup Point Guard (Farmar) and get more versatile in the front court since we're becoming an up and down team. I would also ask for their first round next year and would probably get it because of not asking for Bynum.

Random Trade #2 Real GM ID Trade ID #4312021

Default Re: Random Trade #2

It's interesting.

I am really worried about Jermaine's health more than ever. So i'm not against trading him. Combine that with the fact that we are going to need some money to re-sign Ike, Danny, and Shawne and it makes some sense to trade Jermaine.

I think that if we have a post player like Jermaine that we keep Troy. But if we don't then I think it makes Troy tradable maybe in Jim O'Brien's eyes.

Lamar Odom is a good player. I think he can play PF in the East. He is very versatile. I think that he would be a great fit in with our team.

Luke Walton also would be a great fit. I wonder if the Lakers would be willing to deal him though.

Kwame could be a nice backup for us.

Farmar is a point guard I like. Good young talent. Although what would Jamaal think about this?

With Jermaine's health in question it hurts his value, and also has hurt his production so far this year which really hurts his value. This probably isn't the best time to trade Jermaine value wise.

However I really hate having this be an issue. I feel like to move forward we need to decide to if we are moving forward with Jermaine and to be honest I don't really believe that we can with Jermaine sitting on the sideline.

I think that Jermaine wants to go someplace else to win. I think that Larry would move him someplace else if he got fair value. (Which he won't get)

I have gone back and forth on if we should keep Jermaine or trade him. But after the start to the season of him continuing to battle injuries, and after seeing him play which he looked like a 35 year old on the decline, enough is enough. I love what Jermaine has done for this team. I'll always have his jersey hanging on my wall. But it is time to move on.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Lakers would never do this. It would be great/pretty good for us though. Radmonovich would have to be involved for them to take back Murphy. All in all, Kobe rejects.

The Lakers can't do that trade financially. They'd have upwards of $50-55M tied to Kobe, Jermaine and Murphy.

That's $50-55M for 3 players. Nobody can do that financially unless it's the Knicks.