Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That's it -- Our season ends on Tuesday

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: That's it -- Our season ends on Tuesday

I hate this game. The bad guys always win.
    Shame it's true. Course the bad guys are everyone but the Pacers, and the Pacers never win anything =\
    Not necessarily. The bad guys are definitely teams like the Pistons and Lakers, though. And they get to play for the championship. ed:

The NBA is all about money, and they'll do whatever it takes to get it. That's why we'll never win a a championship. Stern is laughing all the way to the bank.
    I dont think the NBA had much to do with losing by 18 points. You lose by 1 or 2, you can point a finger somewhere maybe, but its like us in game 4, When you get your *** kicked like that in your own building, you just need to admit it and move on. Can't blame the refs for a game like that.
    When you're being allowed to get slapped around the whole game it can most certainly affect the whole game.

But we did get thoroughly outplayed tonight to boot.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shame it's true. Course the bad guys are everyone but the Pacers, and the Pacers never win anything =\
    Not necessarily. The bad guys are definitely teams like the Pistons and Lakers, though. And they get to play for the championship. ed:

The NBA is all about money, and they'll do whatever it takes to get it. That's why we'll never win a a championship. Stern is laughing all the way to the bank.
    I dont think the NBA had much to do with losing by 18 points. You lose by 1 or 2, you can point a finger somewhere maybe, but its like us in game 4, When you get your *** kicked like that in your own building, you just need to admit it and move on. Can't blame the refs for a game like that.
    When you're being allowed to get slapped around the whole game it can most certainly affect the whole game.

Thats my point. There was a call or 2 in game 4 i wanted to have, but frankly when your team is playing like garbage, they dont DESERVE any calls. I'll be the first one to say 2 days ago I didnt even MENTION the refs, I was too busy cussing at my own players.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

The Pistons have paid their dues more than this Pacers team has.
    We started rebuilding the same time they were a 32 win team. Which one gets to play for the title this year (in all likelihood)?

Thats my point. There was a call or 2 in game 4 i wanted to have, but frankly when your team is playing like garbage, they dont DESERVE any calls. I'll be the first one to say 2 days ago I didnt even MENTION the refs, I was too busy cussing at my own players.
    But the Pacers are playing like crap on offense a lot BECAUSE of the no-calls.

Mood

That's partially true. We're doing the same things to earn FT trips as the bad guys are, but they don't give them to us.

That's partially true. We're doing the same things to earn FT trips as the bad guys are, but they don't give them to us.
    Pistons-10 3point attempts

Pacers-21 3point attempts

PLEASE dont tell be you were going to the basket like we were.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Pistons-10 3point attempts

Pacers-21 3point attempts

PLEASE dont tell be you were going to the basket like we were.
    We had to resort to that a lot because of the lack of calls inside.

That's why they say stats can be used to prove anything.

Mood

Kstat, it was the MANNER in which we went to the rim, not how frequent.

PistonsDynasty

This team needs to have some growing pains. How many times did you see the Bird teams look lost out there even when they were down? This is part of the learning experience. I don't like it much myself, but rarely do the stars align.
    But we should beat these guys. They're not the Lakers.
    Doesn't matter. Remember those low seeded Knicks making the finals. At this time of year it's one game at a time.
    The Pistons haven't exactly paid their dues.
    We got SWEPT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Four and out!!! With out best player unable to play!! Lost by 2 and 3 at home!! Game 4 the whole 2nd half Jersey fans were yelling sweep sweep sweep sweep!!!!!!!! It was just awful!!!!!!!!!!

I think they paid their dues in full.

Yeah... that was pretty brutal... haha
    Here, everyone have a : on me

We started rebuilding the same time they were a 32 win team. Which one gets to play for the title this year (in all likelihood)?
    And the Pacers have had how much playoff success since the Finals season before this year? How many series have the Pacers been down 3-1 and won? Let's see...

And the Pacers have had how much playoff success since the Finals season before this year? How many series have the Pacers been down 3-1 and won? Let's see...
    Reggie alone has paid far more dues than anyone the Pistons have.

....and Larry Brown has paid more than Reggie has :P

If this were tennis then we'd be set. But it's not. This is a team game. And most of this team haven't done crap. They will learn from this.

Nice to hear that coming from a Pistons fan ed:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Look back to my game four posts and find ONE time where I mentioned the word, "referees."

Look back to my game four posts and find ONE time where I mentioned the word, "referees."
    Hence the problem.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

....and Larry Brown has paid more than Reggie has :P
    Not in Detroit, he hasn't. :P