Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nuggets post game thread (Troy Murphy officially can't guard anyone)

Default Nuggets post game thread (Troy Murphy officially can't guard anyone)

I just watched the game. I simply can't believe Murphy was in the at the end of the game to almost blow it after the D he played the entire game.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Nuggets post game thread (Troy Murphy officially can't guard anyone)

Don't look now....but I think that we are in 8th place in the East.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Dream Big

Default Re: Nuggets post game thread (Troy Murphy officially can't guard anyone)

Pacers should try to start Rush for a couple games, he brings nothing off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers should try to start Rush for a couple games, he brings nothing off the bench.

That was a really nice win. Pacers just kept playing, kept playing, and kept running.

Its hard to watch a game when the officiating is so bad. I'm happy for the win but sick of nba officials incompetence. Games like this wear you out...
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

A lot of emotions between this game and the Cleveland one. I just like this team and after several years, I can root for this team again without any reservations.

I just like it.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Mad props to Hulk tonight for providing scoring and toughness and not blowing his lid (temper) when the calls weren't going our way (to say the least). Also some great transition passing by Quis and Jamaal. Great scoring by Dun. Overall, very pleased with this win. And as someone in the game thread said, Take that Melo, AI, and NBA refs!

After a game like this I might just have to pony up for League Pass this year after all...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Huge win for us, it's hard to beat 8 guys.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I just watched the game. I simply can't believe Murphy was in the at the end of the game to almost blow it after the D he played the entire game.
    Troy Murphy's "defense" on that Kleiza baseline-blow-by-reverse-dunk-on-the-other-side-of-the-hoop move was a crime against humanity.

As for the game, all and all it was HUGELY entertaining and they had it pretty well in hand at the end. I mean, it's tough to put any fault on the guys just because Iverson and JR Smith drilled four straight closely guarded dagger threes in the final 80 seconds.

We played good D and didn't let their penetration kill us too badly. And that's saying something considering their offensive perimeter personnel compared to our defensive perimeter personnel.

Also...I really liked that JT/MDJ/Quis/Shawne combo they had going for a while. David was with them at the 5, which also worked, although I'd like to see it with JO.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the title of this thread, you'd think we lost.

Okay, as down as I was on this team after the Lakers debacle, I am almost equally high on them right now. We don't have a title contender, but the last four games they have scraped and fought and basically left it all out on the floor. That's all I ask.

Tinsley was three boards total away from back-to-back triple-doubles. Wow.

What can I say about my man Shawne? Y'all are gonna see it this year.

The officials were beyond horrible tonight. The officiating was blatantly biased and lopsided. It's games like these that let conspiracy theorists like myself have a field day.

I like JO a lot, but it's seriously time to start thinking about Pacers basketball post-JO. He just doesn't fit in this system. I'd let him sit out until he's undoubtedly 100%, and if it still doesn't work out, see what kind of package could land us a high pick in next year's draft. Eric Gordon FTW!

Mood

sweabs

I had a very unsettling feeling going into that last minute. I don't know why; I guess it's because they have some guys that make crazy shots like they did.

Anyway, first of all I need to get something off my chest.

I say it time and time again after listening to the bafoons who call the Nuggets games, but they are without doubt, some of the worst pieces of trash on TV. I don't know how they have jobs. Any time the Nuggets are down or losing, whether it be tonight, or any other game for that matter, the guys just go on and on about how the refs are missing calls, and the opposing team is getting away with things.

Thank God for instant replay, because it reveals them for the giant morons they are. It has got to the point where I will not watch Denver broadcasts because of those two guys, unless it's a REAL good game or the Pacers are obviously playing.

If that game had gone into overtime, that was probably my biggest concern. How was I going to put up with dumb and dumber for another 5 minutes?

Anyway, taking away the missed free throws at the end, Shawne looks like such a smooth player out there. He is just an NBA-player...he was made to be a player in this league. I actually like him more than his Memphis buddy, Rodney Carney, who was supposed to be the big guy coming out of there that year.

Was anyone else yelling at their TV around the 5:30 mark in the 4th quarter, asking JOB to call a timeout? The game was getting very sloppy at that point in time, and it was obvious that the players (on both teams) were getting sloppy. I guess it was like a game of chicken - JOB wanted Karl to call it first. But it was a scary point in the game for me...things could have easily unravelled.

I loved the way we pushed the ball tonight. Absolutely loved it.

Kind of enjoyed hearing Karl yell at Mello "NO FOULS!" when he first fouled around the 1:00 mark left in the 4th, and he chirped back at his coach saying something.

Heart stopper.

The guys are lot stronger mentally. I thought "here we go" towards the end of the 3rd.

Dunleavy is an enigma. My theory is it's a confidence thing. You don't say this often about NBA players but he needs a bit of ego IMO and he wouldn't so often have those games where he goes missing.

Oh, and I'll say it again, Shawne is a gun.

P.S. Is Iverson one of the worst shot selectors in history of a guy who is considered an all time star ? He would frustrate the hell out of me if he played for us.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

This is one game I think J.O.'s presence was missed. He could have kept Camby busy and made things even easier defensively. We might have even gotten some more respectable calls (ok maybe not). It will be interesting to see how thing's go when he's 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    Kind of enjoyed hearing Karl yell at Mello "NO FOULS!" when he first fouled around the 1:00 mark left in the 4th, and he chirped back at his coach saying something.
    Melo was probably making fun of that ridiculous tie George was sporting. Worst dressed coach ever?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Dream Big

I take it you guys have no confidence in Rush?

Okay...

OT...But it's important.

Everyone stop what you're doing, go to www.espn.com and look at the first headline on the right. Hurry before they change it.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

I was just watching the FSN post-game recap, and there were a couple of gems:

- "The Nuggets are out and running to start the game..."
    - "The foul on Troy Murphy sends JR Smith to the line for three..."

I hate the media.

First post game thread I've started.

Great game overall with several runs by both teams.
    Tinsely looked good, shot when he needed to, nice assist tonight. A lot of turnovers.
    Granger had a couple of bs calls, and seemed out of sink due to the foul trouble but came through in crunch time.
    I was very impressed with Williams. This was the first time I've seen Williams on the court much. I think I agree with a lot of posters on here in that he looks to have a bigger upside then Granger.
    Dun fantastic game, cutting to the basket every time he caught the defense off guard.
    Foster had his usual consistent defensive game. As much as we shoot the ball now the rebounds seemed to be going longer. Our guards should be rebounding much better with this in mind.
    Harrison played a lot more then I expected. Not a bad game, but committed a couple of offensive fouls from lowering his shoulder in on the dribble. He kept his cool better then last year.
    Murphy really can't seem to guard anyone. A bad defensive game even for Murphy. The fact that he was in to commit the foul on the 3 point attempt is beyond me. We called a time out for a defensive play icing our own free throw shooter, and then put Murphy in. I'd hate to see how many points Murphy cost the team for the 10 he scored.
    Daniels looked very good as well. Passed the ball well under a lot of defensive pressure.

Very nice game to get to watch.

I take it you guys have no confidence in Rush?
    I'm confident that he's the one of the best shooters in the NBA like Larry Bird said, in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Okay...

OT...But it's important.

Everyone stop what you're doing, go to www.espn.com and look at the first headline on the right. Hurry before they change it.
    I don't see anything.

Dream Big

In his defense, he hasn't had a hell of a lot of atempts yet. Who closed out the Miami game?