Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts vs Pats AFC Title Game (and Deflategate discussion)

Default Colts vs Pats AFC Title Game (and Deflategate discussion)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH BABY!!
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Colts vs Pats AFC Title Game

Gray is not gonna have 4 TDs and our Starting running back isn't going to get 0 yards on 6 rushes. This is not going to be the same game.

Come on bad weather. So Marsha can't pass on us all day.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know if real bad weather would favor the Colts or not...the Patriots are so used to it and can probably adjust better than Luck would at this stage of his career.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

We can win if Pagano and Pep do as well as they did today.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We're gonna lose because Pacergeek didn't start this thread
    Smothered Chicken!

Nobody thought they could beat Denver and all of their Pro Bowlers.

Obviously Belichick and Brady are a completely different pedigree in the postseason but this Colts team BELIEVES it can win. They came into Denver with complete confidence and it showed. They should bring it in Foxboro.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

This will be NE's 14th playoff game since 2007. Of those, they will have played 2 on a neutral site (Super Bowls), 1 on the road, and 11 at home. That's insane.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

To have any chance we need to get to Brady early and often. He can be rattled.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

We're going to have to deal with Brady to Gronk. Brady will likely be a lot smarter about taking what we give them than Manning. If we sell out to stop that Gronk connection they'll kill us in other ways.

We're going to have to disguise our defenses, mix things up, and stay solid to hopefully keep things in check.

I suspect they will try and hide some things to dare Luck to throw deep (banking on his season long tendency to want to go long) to either get picks or cause us to waste some downs and get us off the field.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

play the game Painter Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

RicFlairWHOOOO.gif

Brady won't get impatient and repeatedly throw down the field. He will be content to dink and dunk and take the occasional shot.

What killed us last year against them, besides the rushing yards allowed, was Luck's turnovers that killed good drives and gifted the Patriots 14 points.

Luck has got to be smarter this time around. I think he has learned.

Heisenberg, we need your score prediction again.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trying not to think about the Pats until tomorrow. It will obviously be brutally difficult, but this season was a smashing success since we took yet another step and are in the Final Four. Hopefully the team treats it like it's their last opportunity since getting this far is super tough even if you're great.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heisenberg, we need your score prediction again.
    Pats by multiple scores

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Trying not to think about the Pats until tomorrow. It will obviously be brutally difficult, but this season was a smashing success since we took yet another step and are in the Final Four. Hopefully the team treats it like it's their last opportunity since getting this far is super tough even if you're great.
    They only needed to look across the field at the conclusion of today's game to realize that...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The team is playing with complete confidence and swagger right now. They are playing balls to the wall for their coach. They think they can do anything.

The Broncos have a better pass rush than New England and our o-line was brilliant yet again.

New England is the better team, they SHOULD win....but the same was said about Denver.

Our running game is looking good now. Luck is actually getting time. We are a different team than the last time we played them.
    Welcome back George Hill!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

just occurred to me Luck's the only QB left w/o a ring. gonna be cool watching him (cuz he plays defense ee) beat Wilson to get his first one and everybody shuts up about that "battle"

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It would be awesome if Luck was able to get to his first Super Bowl by beating Brady. Talk about signaling a changing of the guard.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    It would be awesome if Luck was able to get to his first Super Bowl by beating Brady. Talk about signaling a changing of the guard.
    Eh, it happened with Flacco, he did the exact thing Luck is trying to do (beat Peyton in Denver, Brady in Foxboro, and the Super Bowl) and no one proclaimed him the change of the guard. Luck is really great but he needs a team to win it all much like Flacco did.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Eh, it happened with Flacco, he did the exact thing Luck is trying to do (beat Peyton in Denver, Brady in Foxboro, and the Super Bowl) and no one proclaimed him the change of the guard. Luck is really great but he needs a team to win it all much like Flacco did.
    to be fair, Flacco's sorta criminally underrated really. he's not Joe Montana or anything but people act like he's freakin Trent Dilfer.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Line should be Pats by 10. Colts need to have a great game to beat Pats. Watch the Baltimore game and learn whtat they can.
    Not optimistic but you never know.

Brady looked like a little baby pouting and all against Baltimore. Luck cracks me up telling defenders good hit.

Need to have a lot of recievers report as not eligible sneakily to the refs......
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pats can't score more than 20ish or it wont be much of a game. The Colts can't try and make it a shootout, the Patriots have more of the weapons to make you look bad. Revis will be much better than Talib was.

All week I had the mindset that I was just going to enjoy the game and not worry about the outcome. It changed as it got closer to game time and I ended up being nervous as hell during the game. I'm expecting the same this week. I'm going to try to enjoy all the coverage and attention on the Colts, but come Sunday I'll be a wreak. After the Dallas game I would have never thought the Colts would have made it this far, we really are playing with house money, but dammit I want to win.
    Last edited by Believe_in_blue; 01-11-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    All week this I had the mindset that I was just going to enjoy the game and not worry about the outcome. It changed as it got closer to game time and I ended up being nervous as hell during the game. I'm expecting the same this week. I'm going to try to enjoy all the coverage and attention on the Colts, but come Sunday I'll be a wreak.
    I know what you're sayin, I'll probably be the same once we actually get to game time, but for now it's house money man. Just don't get smoked and it's all good with me.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: