Thread: This isn't good

PacerStud

Default This isn't good

From our 'news collecting partner at the Indy Star': JO is hurting.

We'll see. We'll see. I certainly hope there's no damage and that he's able to play effectively. JO tends to milk his injuries at times. Hopefully, this is just another.

Default Re: This isn't good

he'll be fine.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

sweabs

He looked absolutely perfect in Game 4 - it'll probably just be stiff. If he says he's hurting then he can come out with a big game and then be respected all that much more - LOL.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think there is any "milking" going on, that was a serious hyper-extension. I would not expect him to be back to normal for at least a week. Hopefully he can still be effective.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sounds like we're pretty banged up. Ah well, there's always casualties in a war. The greats often play through injuries.

Coach Rick Carlisle told reporters O'Neal has two bone bruises in the knee, but returned later to amend the diagnosis to one bone bruise. Carlisle said O'Neal probably will have the knee drained before the game, but should play tonight when the Pacers and Pistons meet in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals.
    and some dimwits still say he is "milking" injuries??

If you had more then the faint idea that you have a body, then you would know that if the knee needs draining things are pretty banged up, and I for one would glagly bet the farm on whoever states such nonsense not being able to run 100 yards.

He has shown last game how he can play with pain, even Reggie made remarks to it, stop doubting these things, get a life and support your team.

</rant>
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

I hope he's OK. I thought after reading Saturday's quotes that he was fine; now I'm afraid for him being hobbled. I'd hate to lose Game 5 because JO and JT couldn't do what they normally do.

If you had more then the faint idea that you have a body, then you would know that if the knee needs draining things are pretty banged up, and I for one would glagly bet the farm on whoever states such nonsense not being able to run 100 yards.
    able, your logic baffles me sometimes.

able, your logic baffles me sometimes.
    think more binary

JO's a warrior! he'll play! and he'll play well! GO PACERS

PacerStud

[quote="able"]
    and some dimwits still say he is "milking" injuries??
    Well bonzo, how many times have we watched him wince, writhe, moan and groan, get carried off the court and then make a 'miracle' comeback ?? The kid somehow enjoys everyone going 'GASP' when he gets banged a little.

As good as he is, he's a little too dramatic as far as this whole 'injury' thing goes.

Get off your little pony (you don't qualify for a high horse) and take off the JO blinders. He milks these things for the attention. Duh.

Well bonzo, how many times have we watched him wince, writhe, moan and groan, get carried off the court and then make a 'miracle' comeback ?? The kid somehow enjoys everyone going 'GASP' when he gets banged a little.

As good as he is, he's a little too dramatic as far as this whole 'injury' thing goes.

Get off your little pony (you don't qualify for a high horse) and take off the JO blinders. He milks these things for the attention. Duh.

Really makes me sick sometimes how much hate I see for our own players from some fans, especially over on the other board. And most of it focused on our two best players. Don't see half as much of that on other teams boards. JO does seem to go a bit far once in awhile but not to the extent these people make it sound like. Would think he is getting carried off the court 20 times a season or something.

i know zxc, it is called either jealousy of inferiority complex, but hey
    who cares

sweabs

Game 4 he truly looked okay - no limp or bad signs. If anything is going to bother him tonight, it would be a little stiffness - which usually goes away after a few minutes.