Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mavericks File Protest Over Loss to Pacers

sweabs

Default Mavericks File Protest Over Loss to Pacers

aaa
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Mood

Default Re: Mavericks File Protest Over Loss to Pacers

They're absolutely correct about that Murphy 3, but the rest of the bad calls (and there were plenty to be had for all) had nothing to do with it.

Deal with the lose there Cuban, just cause the pacers won doesnt mean they had to super cheat.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As I mentioned to Mal during that game, there isn't a more hated team in the circle of NBA officials then the Mavricks. I'm sure keeping stats on all the league's officials and airing their dirty laundry in the past dosn't earn you too many "Brownie Delights"* from the officials.

*(Remember the whole "Dairy Queen" bit? That was a shot at the head of officials...if you remember.)

Cuban, you reap what you sew!

As far as the 3 pointer, yep...they sure missed it. The funny thing was....it wasn't like he had a foot on the line, it was clearly a mid-range shot.

Hell, "Boom Baby Corner" didn't want to recognize it....until we had to.
    Last edited by Roaming Gnome; 11-25-2007 at 02:24 AM.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah that was clearly not a three. I noticed it immediately at the game, but thought it would get corrected. I had forgotten about it though.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Hey, if we're going to whine about one bad call that during a game, why not every call then?

Remember Harrison's block that was all basketball and was called a foul? Let's file a complaint against that, I'm sure Cuban and the Mavs don't care about that, though.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, if we're going to whine about one bad call that during a game, why not every call then?

Remember Harrison's block that was all basketball and was called a foul? Let's file a complaint against that, I'm sure Cuban and the Mavs don't care about that, though.

Dirk faking the push off on Jeff at the end on the baseline at a key point at the end of the game.

I like Cuban gets behind his team, but come one. I've never been one to blame a loss on officating, it gives the players an excuse to lose.

Personally I've always thought Salvatore was one of the better refs; I know folks will disagree. No one likes the refs. My judge of a good ref is if you don't notice them there.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

League sources have told me that the NBA has been watching for years for the appropriate time to "make-it-up" to the Pacers for a certain 4-point play. I think they just found it. A not-so visible game...but one that comes at an extreme time in the Pacers psyche...a time when we need a confidence boost, and they help us attain it.

Aren't they a grand bunch of guys??????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Wow, I just watched it again. That was funny - he was at least 2 feet inside the circle. I watched the officials and the 2 you could see (Violet and Bennett) did not raise both arms to indicate a 3 point basket, but the Pacers announcer immediately exclaimed "Home Run", and I think the refs just let it slip. Violet was standing right there too. Avery called a timeout immediately and walked away, not complaining.

The Mavs definitely have a beef with that call, but like others said, there were a lot of calls the Pacers could have had a beef with. Especially Hulk's block on Dirk. Nothing but smothered chicken, as Quinn said.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    League sources have told me that the NBA has been watching for years for the appropriate time to "make-it-up" to the Pacers for a certain 4-point play. I think they just found it. A not-so visible game...but one that comes at an extreme time in the Pacers psyche...a time when we need a confidence boost, and they help us attain it.

Aren't they a grand bunch of guys??????
    Somehow, I don't feel satisfied with the make-up.....but I like your thinking!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    They're absolutely correct about that Murphy 3, but the rest of the bad calls (and there were plenty to be had for all) had nothing to do with it.
    While I am not sympathetic to Cuban I support his protest because the bad calls are ruining the game. Just think that if it weren't for the FBI, Donaghy would still be throwing games which translates to the nba tolerates really bad calls by its officials. I would really like to know how long Donaghy could have gone on with that kind of officiating. Are referees such a scarce breed that the bad ones can't be replaced?

streets ahead

there was also dirk's shove on jeff at the end of the game that went uncalled. diop's foot was out of bounds once in front of palmer and it went uncalled. harrison's phantom foul on the block.

this **** happens. it was a poorly reffed game but it was balanced poor reffing.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Ok so the Pacers win 110-107, everybody happy now. It was a bad call, but did not change the outcome of the game. Cuban needs to get a grip he is a joke.
    No matter how much success Larry Bird attains in Indiana he'll never top that first command to fire Thomas. -Peter Vecsey. NY Post 12/4/07

I didn't get to see the play in question, but as it sounds like it was pretty much indisputably the wrong call, I have no problem at all with Cuban filing the protest. NBA officiating is horrid and gets worse and worse every year. Anything that can be done to potentially improve it has my support.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby33 View Post
    Wow, I just watched it again. That was funny - he was at least 2 feet inside the circle. I watched the officials and the 2 you could see (Violet and Bennett) did not raise both arms to indicate a 3 point basket, but the Pacers announcer immediately exclaimed "Home Run", and I think the refs just let it slip. Violet was standing right there too. Avery called a timeout immediately and walked away, not complaining.

The Mavs definitely have a beef with that call, but like others said, there were a lot of calls the Pacers could have had a beef with. Especially Hulk's block on Dirk. Nothing but smothered chicken, as Quinn said.
    Violet Palmer is the worse official in the NBA, and that's saying a lot. She is only there because she's the token female official.

I'm pretty mad right now... Trophy is on one of my fantasy teams. This could have an effect on whether I win my league. The only way this game is replayed is if it were a 1 point win. This will get a ref fined at most.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    I'm pretty mad right now... Trophy is on one of my fantasy teams. This could have an effect on whether I win my league. The only way this game is replayed is if it were a 1 point win. This will get a ref fined at most.
    I highly doubt anything other than an apology to the Mavs even comes of it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

FTM
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

We got some bad calls last year in both games. . .especially down the stretch. . .we didn't moan and ***** about it!!!

I love watchin' the Mavs though
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Violet Palmer is the worse official in the NBA, and that's saying a lot. She is only there because she's the token female official.
    I tend to agree. When she started, wasn't there another lady ref that started with her. Whatever happened to her?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post

Touche', pussy cat.

I hadn't noticed the error on the 3 pter by Murphy, but even if the officials took away 1 pt, the Pacers still would have won the game by 3 pts. Besides, it's not like the trey took place late in the game. This one happened way back in the 2nd qrt. So, it's not like taking 1 pt away for a shot that happened 15+ minutes into the game is going to make a bit of difference as far as how a team play calls late in the game.

Move on, Cuban. Accept the lose as well as the fact that there was bad officiating all around - some that went for the Mavs, some against - and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby33 View Post
    I tend to agree. When she started, wasn't there another lady ref that started with her. Whatever happened to her?
    She was even worse, believe it not, so she was canned and Violet was retained.

Dee Cantor (or was it Cantner) was the the other female ref. And yes she was worse.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Dee Cantor (or was it Cantner) was the the other female ref. And yes she was worse.
    Ah yes, thats her. And yes, she was bad. Course thats seems to be par for half the rest of the league refs now anyway, but im sure she was an easy cut.

Mood

Yeah, it was a 2 ball. I do have to wonder if Dirkie boy and Cuban are French?

[I]Do you want some cheese with that whine?

There were some weird calls, but the Pacers could have done the same with a few foul and non-foul calls, not to mention I thought Dirkie boy should have gotten T number 2 late in the game and joined Avery "the smile" Johnson in the locker room early to enjoy the Conseco Fieldhouse accomodations.