Thread: So our old friend James White has a blog

Default So our old friend James White has a blog

http://hoopshype.com/blogs/white/index.php

A blog AND a ring, step it up Gilbert.

Default Re: So our old friend James White has a blog

I'd take him back for a min contract after he matures overseas.

Reading some of those comments are hilarious.

-- Steve --

Just curious how many besides myself have posted on White's blog?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't see why this guy still interest folks. When he was here, his "too cool for school" attitude pretty much got him cut. I guess the Spurs and Pacers figured the guy's potential was not worth dealing with his attitude.
    Last edited by Roaming Gnome; 11-23-2007 at 11:57 AM.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Roaming,

You're dead on concerning his attitude, however, I think most miss one very important aspect that IMO help make the decision to cut him easier: the team/franchise/fans had had enough of players with bad attitudes. Thus, the James White cut was the starting point for weeding out those players mgmt viewed as having bad character. And if you recall, SJax and Big Al (and some say Sarunas, too) all followed.

I was very impressed with what I saw of JW in practices and what I had read about his game and his talents, but once word got out that he was a knuckle head, I had a feeling his tenure in a Pacers uniform would be short lived. I think had the team not gone through issues like the Brawl, Artest's trade demand or the SJax/Big Al attitude moments so close together, maybe JW would have stayed and we'd all bore witness to some of those high flying dunks and off the dribble ball fakes we've read about. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Frankly, I was surprised to learn that the Spurs had picked him up. But if you recall, Manu and a few other of the Spurs shooters/Guards were injured at the time. I think JW was an insurance policy; if they had to go to their 3rd/4th options, JW would be among the filler to pull from. And what do we do when we feel we no longer need that extra insurance? We drop the additional policy. (It's usually a "rider" anyway, and JW was merely along for the ride. )
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 11-23-2007 at 08:54 AM.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess I was never really impressed with White's overall basketball IQ and game. I say this only viewing him in that pre-season. I didn't watch any of the summer league where a lot of his fans seen him look like he was a sure fire NBA player.

All I seen in J. White was a ton of athletic talent and ability, but I thought that his basketball IQ was severly lacking. In the pre-season games that I seen, dude looked absolutly lost if he didn't have the ball in his hands. Yeah, 2nd round rookies can be known for that, but at the time J. White was far behind Rawl Marshall and Josh Powell as far as making the roster. It would have been clearly evident to me that the only reason to have kept White would have been to justify the cost to aquire him in the first place.

But, boy could he dunk
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74