Thread: A question I'll never hear the answer to

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default A question I'll never hear the answer to

At least not for this year.

What is the nature of JO's injury? Is it always going to be there or will it improve over the season? Does anyone in the FO even know?

I wonder about this because if it is not going to improve then we may as well look at going Jonathan Bender with him and have him retire. If he truelly cannot get off his feet and it remains so throughout the season then he is of no use and is merely costing cap space Yeah yeah I know he still would but at least we could have the other guys playing and growing.

This is why I didn't like his game early on (and same with Freddie Jones) he relied too much on his athleticism to get rebounds and dunks and didn't learn to get rebounds by boxing out or score by moving TO the ball instead of having it dumped in to him. Those who rely on athleticism die by injury.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: A question I'll never hear the answer to

As I said this past summer, JO is on the downside of his career - he's injury prone and he was good because of his quickness, but he has lost that now, so I think he'll continue down this path. I just pray he opts out - because I really think he's through - at least through being an allstar or even the best player on a .500 team

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: A question I'll never hear the answer to

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I said this past summer, JO is on the downside of his career - he's injury prone and he was good because of his quickness, but he has lost that now, so I think he'll continue down this path. I just pray he opts out - because I really think he's through - at least through being an allstar or even the best player on a .500 team

The only way he Opts Out is if he is benched in favor of Ike or some other role player. He'd hang around for all the $$ we would have to give him rather than walk away and perhaps not be able to find someone who would give him even the vet minimum. If he cannot elevate, he has nothing to offer. Unlike players like Karl Malone, JO has not let experience teach him enough to keep around. As long as he had his hops he relied on them.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..