Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78

Thread: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

  1. #26
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,709

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am seriously open to moving anyone other than Granger and Shawne if it gets us some decent draft picks next season. I'm ready to stop delaying the inevitable and just rebuild through the draft.
    Who else on our roster has any real trade value. JO's trade value is very low right now, he looks old, tired, and like he should be ready to retire.

  2. #27
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,169

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shawne, Granger and Ike in that order. No one else has any long term value IMO. Foster is important if you want to win games right now, but his days are numbered and should be traded. You can count JO's time left by looking at your watch. Trade him now or stick a fork in him. Same with Quis.

    Not preparing to succeed, is preparing to fail....

    Here is the plan over the next 3 years:
    1) Trade all assets for '08, '09 and '10 draft picks
    2) Allow Dun, Murphy and Tins contracts to expire (note: they are not tradeable assets
    3) Hit the free agent market, because we will have a ton of cap room.
    I really like that plan.

    We need to do whatever we can to draft Eric Gordon. Seriously. He's Dwyane Wade II.

  3. #28
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,169

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who else on our roster has any real trade value. JO's trade value is very low right now, he looks old, tired, and like he should be ready to retire.
    JO's trade value isn't as low as you'd think. People are still more than willing to take a chance on a multiple-time All-Star.

    And he'll improve as the season progresses.

  4. #29
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    well i loved how JO got more involved in the offense! It turned out great let me tell ya!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  5. #30
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    FWIW, I thought Harrison looked decent tonight.

    JO didn't get a rebound until the 4th quarter. Inexcusable.

    We must have left our feet on defense a bazillion times. DON'T GO FOR THE SHOT FAKE!

    Our defensive rotations were SSSSLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  6. #31
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Believe it or not, defense wasn't really the problem tonight. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The Lakers were hitting weakside long jumpers and threes, hitting tough layups, and pulling several shots directly from their collective ***. No, the real problem was the offense. It's a miracle they put up this many points with it. The things I saw during the Utah game disappeared most of the game, and it was ugly and bad tonight on that end. It's truly amazing they produced this many points tonight.

  7. #32
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    I just got back from the so called "game". It was much more like the Lakers versus the Indianapolis Retirement Community. The crowd wasn't excited at all, and a lot of them were Laker fans anyways. Shawne Williams definitely showed up to play along with Granger and Quis. But 3 on 5 is a little lopsided.
    Last edited by DGPR; 11-20-2007 at 11:15 PM.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  8. #33
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,709

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by DanGrangerPwrRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just got back from the so called "game". It was much more like the Lakers versus the Indianapolis Retirement Community. The crowd wasn't excited at all, and a lot of them were Laker fans anyways. Shawne Williams definitely showed up to play along with Granger and Quis. But 3 on 5 is a little lopsided.
    Jeff played well

  9. #34
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    *4 on 5
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  10. #35

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    LA is playing really well. I don't think there was anything our personnel could have done differently. They were on their game and have alot more talent. Hard to stop that. I wish they would have traded Kobe to Detroit.
    Pacers!

  11. #36
    Member Reckoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Believe it or not, defense wasn't really the problem tonight. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The Lakers were hitting weakside long jumpers and threes, hitting tough layups, and pulling several shots directly from their collective ***. No, the real problem was the offense. It's a miracle they put up this many points with it. The things I saw during the Utah game disappeared most of the game, and it was ugly and bad tonight on that end. It's truly amazing they produced this many points tonight.
    Agree. The Lakers showed us how to move the ball well and consistently give guys good looks. We had too many periods where movement slowed down and we had to force it.

    A few thoughts:

    I was a bit concerned from early on when we were relying quite heavily on second chance points to stay with them. When that dried up they just pulled away.

    We really lack a quality 2 guard who can just flat out score. We seem to have quite a bit of depth but in the end we just don't have that 1 guy you can rely on to carry the team through tough periods in games. Maybe Granger can become this guy. I'm not sure if he has the confidence/killer instinct for it though. I don't think Quis can but he's great off the bench. Dunleavy is more like a Luke Walton.

    I'm not going to be hard on JO because it's obvious his knee is limiting him significantly.

    Murphy is useless if he can't hit those open shots.

    Williams is a gun.

  12. #37

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Williams is a gun.
    I was going to say that he is just pulling the trigger as the coach has instructed, but thinking about it, you might be right. We should keep an eye on it for this season.
    Pacers!

  13. #38
    Member Reckoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by LAPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was going to say that he is just pulling the trigger as the coach has instructed, but thinking about it, you might be right. We should keep an eye on it for this season.
    Ha, no sorry mate I didn't mean it like that. Over here "gun" means very good/exciting (usually young) player. I think very similar to how you use "stud". I'll try and conform in the future

  14. #39
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha, no sorry mate I didn't mean it like that. Over here "gun" means very good/exciting (usually young) player. I think very similar to how you use "stud". I'll try and conform in the future
    Please don't conform! I love that saying - I think I'm gonna start using it. Shawne is a gun. I like the sound of that.

  15. #40
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,406

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really like that plan.

    We need to do whatever we can to draft Eric Gordon. Seriously. He's Dwyane Wade II.
    I'd take us losing every single game the rest of this season if it put us in position to draft Gordon and put him on the court with Shawne & Danny.

  16. #41
    Member Pacemaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,900

    Thumbs up Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    I would trade JO for Bynum straight up in a heartbeat! Throw in Farmar for any other Pacer filler (excluding Danny, Shawne, Ike) as an appetizer

  17. #42
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,350

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Okay...I will ask the question that no one outside of the few Laker fans that have graced our board have asked....what are your impressions of Bynum?

    I didn't see the game...so I don't know...other then reading that Bynum swapped JONeal 4 times
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #43
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,350

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would trade JO for Bynum straight up in a heartbeat! Throw in Farmar for any other Pacer filler (excluding Danny, Shawne, Ike) as an appetizer
    If there ever was a boat that involved Bynum ( which I doubt ), that boat sailed the second that Bynum played his first game of the preseason.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #44
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay...I will ask the question that no one outside of the few Laker fans that have graced our board have asked....what are your impressions of Bynum?

    I didn't see the game...so I don't know...other then reading that Bynum swapped JONeal 4 times
    Bynum looked very impressive. I feel like all of the mistakes he made were experience-related. I don't see why he can't average an 18-10 as soon as next season or the year after that, given the playing time.

  20. #45
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,520

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay...I will ask the question that no one outside of the few Laker fans that have graced our board have asked....what are your impressions of Bynum?

    I didn't see the game...so I don't know...other then reading that Bynum swapped JONeal 4 times


    I was reminded of watching the old X-Men cartoon years ago on fox saturday mornings when Apocolype was on and said "I am as far beyond mutants as mutants are beyond humans". Because all I could think was that Bynam was as far beyond O'Neal as O'Neal is beyond Harrison.

    Obviousley not a career, but for that game, it wasn't even close.

    As Doug said, J.O. didn't even get a board till the 4th quarter and one of the boards that they credited him with was where he had his shot blocked by Bynum and he picked up the ball.

    It would take Jermaine and Granger to even get them to talk to us and even then I'm not sure that would be enough.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  21. #46
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Our only hopes for Bynum would have been a poor start by the Lakers and Kobe *****ing like crazy. Now? Not so much.

    Btw, it takes a real man to reference an X-Men cartoon while having a Weyoun avatar. Beyond impressive, Peck.

    Oh and as far as this game goes, I'm not so sure that David didn't have a better game than JO. He certainly did better work in the post.

    Edit: Addendum, I still think a JO for Bynum and filler trade would be great for both sides. I think JO would be rejuvenated playing Robin to Kobe's Batman. If LA unloaded some bad salaries in the process, I think they should seriously consider it. That team still seems a little too weak inside.
    Last edited by rexnom; 11-21-2007 at 01:03 AM.

  22. #47
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,151

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    If we play a team that shooting well from the outside, we'll get beat. If the team is shooting badly from the outside, we'll keep it close or win.

    This seems to be what I'm taking from most of the games so far this season.

    Rather it's our defense being that bad or what, but if the opposing team is constantly hitting from 15ft or out... we're in trouble.

  23. #48
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,350

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our only hopes for Bynum would have been a poor start by the Lakers and Kobe *****ing like crazy. Now? Not so much.
    I really hope that Bird wasn't hoping that the Lakers would tank and Kobe would go ape**** and therefore force the Lakers FO to cave to Odom+Bynum. I have always thought that Bird is not a great gambler when it comes to taking risks. He may roll the dice and come up with a 7 or 11 ( like drafting Shawne ) from time to time....but most of the time...he just rolls snake eyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Edit: Addendum, I still think a JO for Bynum and filler trade would be great for both sides. I think JO would be rejuvenated playing Robin to Kobe's Batman. If LA unloaded some bad salaries in the process, I think they should seriously consider it. That team still seems a little too weak inside.
    Dream on......there is nothing that we can offer the Lakers that would entice them to give up Bynum for JONeal.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #49

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Maybe you Pacer fans can elaborate more on this but Jermaine looked like he flat out didn't want to be there. No emotions at all from him. He was playing like he didn't even care. He just looks so dejected......

  25. #50
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we play a team that shooting well from the outside, we'll get beat. If the team is shooting badly from the outside, we'll keep it close or win.
    That's exactly my thoughts on the matter and kind of what I was getting it at with my post earlier talking about how we played our game where we protected the paint but they were hitting their threes. I really think these losses are a product of the system and ability of the other team to actually hit from 3 point land.

    In the pacers wins here's how the teams did from 3 point land
    washington (.300)
    miami (.563)
    memphis (.222)
    utah (.222)

    The miami game can be counted as somewhat of a fluke cause for once this season we actually got to the line more times than our opposition. Now as far as our losses.

    LA Clippers (.533)
    Bobcats (.357)
    Nuggets (.387)
    Celtics (.286) but they had twice as many FTA
    Wizards (.364)
    Raptors (.522)
    Lakers (.520)

    Someone made the comparisona few games ago and I forget who but they said that this reminds them of what Mike Davis did at IU where he tried to turn a bunch of people who were consistently bad shooters magically into shooters and it didn't work. I think that that's a pretty good comparison. Pacers have shot over 35% from outside 4 times...wonder if you can guess which games those were. When you come up against a situation where we can't hit a three and the other team does, worst case scenario you see games like what happened tonight.

Similar Threads

  1. Odd thoughts about the Miami game
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 08:34 PM
  2. 11/20/2007 Game Thread 11: Pacers vs Lakers
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 279
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 11:12 PM
  3. Post Game Thread #9 - Lost but with positives
    By bellisimo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 11:33 AM
  4. Post Game #7 Thread - Another Loss
    By bellisimo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 06:08 PM
  5. Game 03 Pacers at Grizzlies Post Game Thread
    By Los Angeles in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •