Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

Default Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am seriously open to moving anyone other than Granger and Shawne if it gets us some decent draft picks next season. I'm ready to stop delaying the inevitable and just rebuild through the draft.
    Who else on our roster has any real trade value. JO's trade value is very low right now, he looks old, tired, and like he should be ready to retire.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Shawne, Granger and Ike in that order. No one else has any long term value IMO. Foster is important if you want to win games right now, but his days are numbered and should be traded. You can count JO's time left by looking at your watch. Trade him now or stick a fork in him. Same with Quis.

Not preparing to succeed, is preparing to fail....

Here is the plan over the next 3 years:
    1) Trade all assets for '08, '09 and '10 draft picks
    2) Allow Dun, Murphy and Tins contracts to expire (note: they are not tradeable assets
    3) Hit the free agent market, because we will have a ton of cap room.
    I really like that plan.

We need to do whatever we can to draft Eric Gordon. Seriously. He's Dwyane Wade II.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Who else on our roster has any real trade value. JO's trade value is very low right now, he looks old, tired, and like he should be ready to retire.
    JO's trade value isn't as low as you'd think. People are still more than willing to take a chance on a multiple-time All-Star.

And he'll improve as the season progresses.

well i loved how JO got more involved in the offense! It turned out great let me tell ya!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

FWIW, I thought Harrison looked decent tonight.

JO didn't get a rebound until the 4th quarter. Inexcusable.

We must have left our feet on defense a bazillion times. DON'T GO FOR THE SHOT FAKE!

Our defensive rotations were SSSSLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Mood

Believe it or not, defense wasn't really the problem tonight. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The Lakers were hitting weakside long jumpers and threes, hitting tough layups, and pulling several shots directly from their collective ***. No, the real problem was the offense. It's a miracle they put up this many points with it. The things I saw during the Utah game disappeared most of the game, and it was ugly and bad tonight on that end. It's truly amazing they produced this many points tonight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just got back from the so called "game". It was much more like the Lakers versus the Indianapolis Retirement Community. The crowd wasn't excited at all, and a lot of them were Laker fans anyways. Shawne Williams definitely showed up to play along with Granger and Quis. But 3 on 5 is a little lopsided.
    Last edited by DGPR; 11-20-2007 at 11:15 PM.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DanGrangerPwrRanger View Post
    I just got back from the so called "game". It was much more like the Lakers versus the Indianapolis Retirement Community. The crowd wasn't excited at all, and a lot of them were Laker fans anyways. Shawne Williams definitely showed up to play along with Granger and Quis. But 3 on 5 is a little lopsided.
    Jeff played well

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

*4 on 5
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

LA is playing really well. I don't think there was anything our personnel could have done differently. They were on their game and have alot more talent. Hard to stop that. I wish they would have traded Kobe to Detroit.
    Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Believe it or not, defense wasn't really the problem tonight. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The Lakers were hitting weakside long jumpers and threes, hitting tough layups, and pulling several shots directly from their collective ***. No, the real problem was the offense. It's a miracle they put up this many points with it. The things I saw during the Utah game disappeared most of the game, and it was ugly and bad tonight on that end. It's truly amazing they produced this many points tonight.
    Agree. The Lakers showed us how to move the ball well and consistently give guys good looks. We had too many periods where movement slowed down and we had to force it.

A few thoughts:

I was a bit concerned from early on when we were relying quite heavily on second chance points to stay with them. When that dried up they just pulled away.

We really lack a quality 2 guard who can just flat out score. We seem to have quite a bit of depth but in the end we just don't have that 1 guy you can rely on to carry the team through tough periods in games. Maybe Granger can become this guy. I'm not sure if he has the confidence/killer instinct for it though. I don't think Quis can but he's great off the bench. Dunleavy is more like a Luke Walton.

I'm not going to be hard on JO because it's obvious his knee is limiting him significantly.

Murphy is useless if he can't hit those open shots.

Williams is a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    Williams is a gun.
    I was going to say that he is just pulling the trigger as the coach has instructed, but thinking about it, you might be right. We should keep an eye on it for this season.
    Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by LAPacer View Post
    I was going to say that he is just pulling the trigger as the coach has instructed, but thinking about it, you might be right. We should keep an eye on it for this season.
    Ha, no sorry mate I didn't mean it like that. Over here "gun" means very good/exciting (usually young) player. I think very similar to how you use "stud". I'll try and conform in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    Ha, no sorry mate I didn't mean it like that. Over here "gun" means very good/exciting (usually young) player. I think very similar to how you use "stud". I'll try and conform in the future
    Please don't conform! I love that saying - I think I'm gonna start using it. Shawne is a gun. I like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I really like that plan.

We need to do whatever we can to draft Eric Gordon. Seriously. He's Dwyane Wade II.
    I'd take us losing every single game the rest of this season if it put us in position to draft Gordon and put him on the court with Shawne & Danny.

Thumbs up Re: Post Game Thread #11 Blown Out by the Lakers

I would trade JO for Bynum straight up in a heartbeat! Throw in Farmar for any other Pacer filler (excluding Danny, Shawne, Ike) as an appetizer

Sports Logo

Okay...I will ask the question that no one outside of the few Laker fans that have graced our board have asked....what are your impressions of Bynum?

I didn't see the game...so I don't know...other then reading that Bynum swapped JONeal 4 times
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    I would trade JO for Bynum straight up in a heartbeat! Throw in Farmar for any other Pacer filler (excluding Danny, Shawne, Ike) as an appetizer
    If there ever was a boat that involved Bynum ( which I doubt ), that boat sailed the second that Bynum played his first game of the preseason.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Okay...I will ask the question that no one outside of the few Laker fans that have graced our board have asked....what are your impressions of Bynum?

I didn't see the game...so I don't know...other then reading that Bynum swapped JONeal 4 times
    Bynum looked very impressive. I feel like all of the mistakes he made were experience-related. I don't see why he can't average an 18-10 as soon as next season or the year after that, given the playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

I was reminded of watching the old X-Men cartoon years ago on fox saturday mornings when Apocolype was on and said "I am as far beyond mutants as mutants are beyond humans". Because all I could think was that Bynam was as far beyond O'Neal as O'Neal is beyond Harrison.

Obviousley not a career, but for that game, it wasn't even close.

As Doug said, J.O. didn't even get a board till the 4th quarter and one of the boards that they credited him with was where he had his shot blocked by Bynum and he picked up the ball.

It would take Jermaine and Granger to even get them to talk to us and even then I'm not sure that would be enough.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Our only hopes for Bynum would have been a poor start by the Lakers and Kobe *****ing like crazy. Now? Not so much.

Btw, it takes a real man to reference an X-Men cartoon while having a Weyoun avatar. Beyond impressive, Peck.

Oh and as far as this game goes, I'm not so sure that David didn't have a better game than JO. He certainly did better work in the post.

Edit: Addendum, I still think a JO for Bynum and filler trade would be great for both sides. I think JO would be rejuvenated playing Robin to Kobe's Batman. If LA unloaded some bad salaries in the process, I think they should seriously consider it. That team still seems a little too weak inside.
    Last edited by rexnom; 11-21-2007 at 01:03 AM.

If we play a team that shooting well from the outside, we'll get beat. If the team is shooting badly from the outside, we'll keep it close or win.

This seems to be what I'm taking from most of the games so far this season.

Rather it's our defense being that bad or what, but if the opposing team is constantly hitting from 15ft or out... we're in trouble.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Our only hopes for Bynum would have been a poor start by the Lakers and Kobe *****ing like crazy. Now? Not so much.
    I really hope that Bird wasn't hoping that the Lakers would tank and Kobe would go ape**** and therefore force the Lakers FO to cave to Odom+Bynum. I have always thought that Bird is not a great gambler when it comes to taking risks. He may roll the dice and come up with a 7 or 11 ( like drafting Shawne ) from time to time....but most of the time...he just rolls snake eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Edit: Addendum, I still think a JO for Bynum and filler trade would be great for both sides. I think JO would be rejuvenated playing Robin to Kobe's Batman. If LA unloaded some bad salaries in the process, I think they should seriously consider it. That team still seems a little too weak inside.
    Dream on......there is nothing that we can offer the Lakers that would entice them to give up Bynum for JONeal.

Maybe you Pacer fans can elaborate more on this but Jermaine looked like he flat out didn't want to be there. No emotions at all from him. He was playing like he didn't even care. He just looks so dejected......

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    If we play a team that shooting well from the outside, we'll get beat. If the team is shooting badly from the outside, we'll keep it close or win.
    That's exactly my thoughts on the matter and kind of what I was getting it at with my post earlier talking about how we played our game where we protected the paint but they were hitting their threes. I really think these losses are a product of the system and ability of the other team to actually hit from 3 point land.

In the pacers wins here's how the teams did from 3 point land
    washington (.300)
    miami (.563)
    memphis (.222)
    utah (.222)

The miami game can be counted as somewhat of a fluke cause for once this season we actually got to the line more times than our opposition. Now as far as our losses.

LA Clippers (.533)
    Bobcats (.357)
    Nuggets (.387)
    Celtics (.286) but they had twice as many FTA
    Wizards (.364)
    Raptors (.522)
    Lakers (.520)

Someone made the comparisona few games ago and I forget who but they said that this reminds them of what Mike Davis did at IU where he tried to turn a bunch of people who were consistently bad shooters magically into shooters and it didn't work. I think that that's a pretty good comparison. Pacers have shot over 35% from outside 4 times...wonder if you can guess which games those were. When you come up against a situation where we can't hit a three and the other team does, worst case scenario you see games like what happened tonight.