Thread: Anyone going to the race and the Pacers game.

Default Anyone going to the race and the Pacers game.

I'm not going to the race, but I am curious how many of the 18,345 will have been to the race. Anyone here going to both. I would think less then 2,000 of the 18,345 will have been at the race. That is just my guess.

Hope those 2,000 people aren't too tired.

Default Re: Anyone going to the race and the Pacers game.

I'm goin to the Pacer game

I'm not going to the race, but it's supposed to be storming tomarrow anyway.

I hope rain does not delay the start a few, I wonder what is the latest hour they would start the thing. If it starts at 4:00, it would run into the start of the Pacers game.

I have no, absolute no interest in the race. In fact I cannot name one driver, but I hope the race does not bleed into the Pacers game.

In 1999, the Pacers played the Knicks on race day that game started at 2:30 about 20 minutes after the race ended, I remember there was a rain storm right after the race. That wad the only other time the pacers played on race day home or road.

in '94, '95, '98, and 2000 Pacers had home games on Sat. and Monday

Racing shouldn't even be a sport in my opinion. They just go around in circles again and again. ed:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I hope rain does not delay the start a few, I wonder what is the latest hour they would start the thing. If it starts at 4:00, it would run into the start of the Pacers game.
    I don't know if there is an 'official' time that they won't run the race but I would think 4PM would be past whatever point it might be. Assuming a 3 hour window for the race, 4PM wouldn't allow enough time for it to finish. The track is not lighted (for racing). Since the track always closes at 6PM during quals and practice I would assume 3PM is when they start thinking 'next day'. Arguably, on a sunny day it might still be light enough at 7PM for the race but that is probably pushing it.... and safety comes into play here.

A good question for Donald Davidson might be "What is the latest hour the race has started?"

Keep in mind, just because it would quit raining they can't just hop in the cars and start. The track must be dried. That takes a couple of hours. If it is raining at 1PM and the race hasn't started, that is probably getting close to when they'd 'call it' and postpone until Monday.

Of course, if the race would start and then get rained on... all bets are off. Technically, they only need to get past the halfway point to make it 'official'. If they had 1/4 of the race completed at the rainout they technically could wait longer in the day to restart it since they would not now need 3hrs to complete it.

Whether it is a rule or not, they supposedly wouldn't start the race knowing they couldn't finish 500 miles before darkness starts to fall.

Is that more than you wanted to know?

I don't see the race as being a problem for the Pacers game.

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Racing shouldn't even be a sport in my opinion. They just go around in circles again and again. ed:
    Racing is a sport... the other stuff is just games.

My apologies to Hemingway.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Is that more than you wanted to know?

-Bball

ah yeh. but I kept reading

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My best friend from high school now lives in Chicago. We started a tradition in high school of going to the 500. Although we've missed a few races, the tradition has enabled us to get together at least once a year.

As the Brickyard and the Formula One race are now also run, we usually get together for one of those races as well.

After the race tomorrow, we will be attending the Pacer game.

Man you guys are lucky, I wish i can go to the game tommorow

Race, yes.
    Game, no.
    Tried, yes.
    Available, no.
    Go, Pacers!

The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

[size=9:8681668bc1]AND [/size]

[size=18:8681668bc1]I'M... [/size]

[size=24:8681668bc1]OFF [/size]

well, 24 laps done and it's pouring cats and dogs there now with 2 tornado spawning supercells heading straight for the speedway.

Of course, if the race would start and then get rained on... all bets are off. Technically, they only need to get past the halfway point to make it 'official'. If they had 1/4 of the race completed at the rainout they technically could wait longer in the day to restart it since they would not now need 3hrs to complete it.
    -snip-

-Bball
    I'm glad I added that caveat because that is the scenario that played out.

Good race I thought... even if I did get wet leaving there.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden