Thread: Need some logistics advice for Colts-Chiefs game...

Default Need some logistics advice for Colts-Chiefs game...

Hello all,

I need some advice for logistics on attending the Colts-Chiefs game coming up on the 18th. I will lay out what I have to get accomplished, and hopefully people more familiar with Indy can help me out here!

I managed to get ahold of four tickets to the game, and I'm attending with my aunt and two nephews who are diehard Colts fans. Our whole family, them in particular, have had a pretty tough last couple of years. Suffice it to say that we went a long time not having to deal with death on my Dad's side of the family, and in one calendar year we lost my father, my grandfather, and my uncle. This game means A LOT to them. I have been to several Colts games and love it also, but this is a very special event for me, and I want to do everything I can to make it a great experience for my family members, who have only been to the RCA Dome once, and that was to watch our high school football team play.

They will be coming into Indy on I-74 from the Crawfordsville area. I will be coming down I-69 from Huntington. My aunt doesn't want to drive in Indy traffic, so she wants to meet somewhere convenient and safe for one of us to leave a vehicle. I will drive us from there (wherever that is) down to the game. We have no real timetable on when we can or can't be down there, so if there are Colts game related things to do that are close to the Dome, we could easily be there a couple hours early.

I was thinking about meeting them somewhere in the W 38th/I-465 area and leaving a vehicle somewhere in that area...I know there is decent parking in the garage across from the Dome and back one block north, and there is hectic parking under Pan-Am plaza right across from the Dome. Should we park the one vehicle we come downtown in at one of the Circle Centre garages and hoof it around downtown? I'm sure we would rather walk a few blocks than be in the middle of the mangled traffic exiting the parking that is in close proximity to the Dome. I realize that all of the parking downtown will probably be somewhat difficult to exit from, given that there will be 60,000 people leaving at the same time, but I would like to make it as easy and pleasant as possible.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on the safest place to leave one of our vehicles that would be near where I-74 comes into town from the west, and has ideas on fun stuff to do before the game downtown, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks in advance for any advice I get, and know that I will repay it all with some (hopefully) quality photos from the game and our experiences!

GO COLTS!!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Default Re: Need some logistics advice for Colts-Chiefs game...

I usually have a pretty easy time getting out of the parking lot by conseco (entrance on pennsylvania) that only charges $3.00. It's like 4 blocks or so away from the dome but leaving it is easier than those $15 or $20 spots that are really close. We always try to get there an hour and a half or two hours before gametime. there is alot going on, so you shouldn't have problems finding enertainment. We are usually sure to get to the dome 45 minutes before kick-off, any later than that and you are taking the chance of standing in line for a while. Sorry, I can't help with your rendezvous point I'm not too familiar with the westside. If it were the eastside you would be welcome to use my driveway.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would meet them at the airport. I think it's $6.50 a day to park in the economy lot there, a shuttle will take them from their parking spot to the main terminal of the airport for easier pickup, and it's a patrolled lot to boot. Plus it's not that far south of where I-74 comes into the I-465 loop. From there you just get on I-70 (via the airport expressway) and head for downtown. Piece of cake.

Here's the link to the airport parking info:

http://www.indianapolisairport.com/P.../econpark.aspx

I thought the airport might be busy, but most fans coming in from KC would drive it I think.
    Last edited by travmil; 11-10-2007 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks for the advice to the two people who has some!

I appreciate it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So what did you end up doing, and how did everything go?

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what did you end up doing, and how did everything go?
    I decided to be totally anal and use Indy ParkRide&FlyUSA over by the airport...It cost me $11, but they had my van warmed up and waiting for me when I got back!

The game was good. We parked in the parking garage that is diagonally located from Victory Field on West St. Couple block walk, and coulda cut through the Convention Center if the weather was bad...

It all worked out great! Thanks for asking....