Thread: Steve Chubin Jersey wanted (family request)

Default Steve Chubin Jersey wanted (family request)

We (PD) recevied an email from Ashley Chubin, daughter of "The Chube" Steve Chubin who played for our own ABA Pacers in 67 & 68 as guard.
    She is looking for her fathers Jersey, and since Steve (according to my info) is still with us, I assume it is to "surprise" him, or something like that.

ANYONE who can help us along in getting one, please come forward and hey, any stories might as wel le gathered here
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Default Re: Steve Chubin Jersey wanted (family request)

This place may be able to help you. Its called "Ballpark Hero's" in Bedford,IN
    (812) 275-2717 They have hundreds of game used jerseys, bats etc. They do all the major shows and have been in business since early 80's. They have had Pacer original jerseys in the past from the ABA. I doubt they have this jersey but may be able to help them with a contact person to find it. I've seen jerseys in there from many different ABA teams mostly unknown players they were not cheap either. They once had a George Gervin from San Antonio (ABA) I believe rookie jersey ($2500, out of my budget range) back in early 90's
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We (PD) recevied an email from Ashley Chubin, daughter of "The Chube" Steve Chubin who played for our own ABA Pacers in 67 & 68 as guard.
    She is looking for her fathers Jersey, and since Steve (according to my info) is still with us, I assume it is to "surprise" him, or something like that.

ANYONE who can help us along in getting one, please come forward and hey, any stories might as wel le gathered here

Oh man....one of my favorite players of all time. IIRC he taught Billy Keller (or BK flat stole it) the little dippsy doodle flip shot going down the key. All effort all the time.

If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Seeing that I wasn't even born until 1984 I doubt I can be of much help, but surely some of our ABA fans could at least point you in the right direction??

I'm not sure why this is coming to mind but I think I read somewhere a long time ago Jerry Baker had a lot of the old uniforms.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

sorry want to keep this under the people for now, need all the help we can get

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

sorry want to keep this under the people for now, need all the help we can get
    Can someone in the know get a message to Mark Boyle and see if he can pass the word to Slick and or Jerry Baker?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Maybe Mark sees the thread

Conrad told me he forwarded the message to the director of Alumni, but the more ppl on it, the better the chances are!

It is a little something we can do for our ABA Pride!

Mark (Boyle) is there anything you can do for instance as suggested above ?

We would be most grateful!

I scoured the internet for quite awhile last night and it is hard to find ABA jerseys and even throwbacks from the late 60's.

There is some from the stars, but mostly later into the 70s (eg McGinnis, Artis Gilmore, Dr. J). A non-star jersey is hard to find, at least among for-sale listings, and particularly rare in the 60s.

A few places do made-to-order jerseys, where you can get a jersey made with any name and number. In this way you can perhaps get a Pacer's ABA style jersey, but the only ones I've seen offered are the recent throwbacks that are like the ones in 1973 or so and not like those in 1968 or so when Steve Chubin was a Pacer, IIRC.

An authentic one would probably have to come from a Pacers insider with the foresight to collect those way back then.