Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isiah Thomas about to be fired?

Default Isiah Thomas about to be fired?

Yes I know it's Vecsey

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/...ose_323098.htm

THOMAS TENURE NEEDS TO CLOSE
    By PETER VECSEY

November 16, 2007 -- FOR over a month now, in fact, within days after James Dolan and Isiah Thomas got posterized in a court of law by Anucha Browne-Sanders, Charles Dolan, the brains that created Cablevision, began showing up at Madison Square Garden twice a week for meetings that lasted four or five hours at a time.
    “Before then I'd never seen the old man, not once," said a veteran Garden employee.

MORE: Knicks: Team Turmoil

No, not the security guard James Dolan recently threatened to fire for failing to open the car gate quickly enough.

And, no, not the security guard James Dolan verbally bullied because a delivery truck had parked too close to his parking spot.

In any event, the father's commanding presence was an incontrovertible sign the son, at long last, was being held accountable in some manner for years of wretched management and unseemly executive-on-down behavior that's polluted the organization's atmosphere and compelled even many hardcore fans to turn away in disgust.

In conversations with the father and the son, one can only hope and pray David Stern warned, unless sanity and decorum is restored overnight, some form of eminent domain would be declared; how much longer can he tolerate this fungus among us?

If only the NBA commissioner wielded the power to take over temporary control of the Knicks; first move, reinstate former Garden president Bob Gutowski as their caretaker; then fire Isiah Thomas as president and coach.

Even with James Dolan still in charge, I was fairly convinced Thomas' termination was going to happen Wednesday night following the Knicks' loss to the Clippers in LA - their fifth in seven games -or yesterday.

I continue to believe it could occur before tonight's game with the Kings in Sacramento (a halfway suitable replacement must be unearthed), and I'm not the only one.

The same source who tipped me off the Knicks had decided to buy out Larry Brown called to say Thomas had informed him Dolan was coming out west (a team official branded it inaccurate) to see him and sensed he was in severe job jeopardy.

Then again, that just might be wishful thinking. A couple Knick players and at least one staff member get the distinct impression Thomas wants to be fired and is going to extremes (I offer for evidence the bizarrely stained, even for Isiah, Stephon Marbury misadventure) to give Dolan no other choice.

Since Thomas' reputation is unredeemable and the players appear unreachable the gameplan - regardless whether it's conscious or subconscious - may very well be to get emotional relief, distance himself and his family from pervasive ridicule, take the severance and burrow deep.

If true, as usual Thomas is so inept he can't even get himself fired. Nothing he does - coaching appointments, trades, free agent signings, buyouts in the hundreds of millions of dollars - works. Even drafting Renaldo Balkman so high backfired when it turned out he had game.

Nothing, not even the Browne-Sanders verdict, provoked James Dolan to do what was right and get rid of the persons (guaranteed Steve Mills is a lost Anucha appeal away from being evicted as Garden COO) responsible for making such a stink and not cleaning it up.

Optimist that I am, I believe Dolan is on the verge of fumigating the premises. What everyone wants to know is why he supports losers so long? Obviously, it's his compulsive repulsiveness; he gets attached to someone or something or an affliction and he holds on tight no matter how much it messes up his life, his business or his pleasure.

If Dolan can endure so much suffering, his attitude is probably, why should family, employees and patrons have a problem with it.

The other question we want answered is, if Thomas doesn't get bounced for making a fool out of the Knicks and himself for allegedly authorizing Steph Infection to miss the Suns game (Garden interns' skirts were at half-mast) and then playing him his normal 34 minutes against the Clippers, what must he do to get fired?

1. Refer to Mrs. Dolan as a “nappy-headed ho."; 2. Grope any number of Rockettes ... twice; 3. Refinance the Garden with an adjustable rate mortgage; 4. Retire Latrell Sprewell's number; 5. Add OJ Simpson, gun drawn, as an assistant coach; 6. Take in Osama bin Laden as a border; 7. Run any future lineup changes through Tim Donaghy first; 8. Become a pitchman for DirecTV; 9. Use company letterhead to write Next Town Brown a letter of reference; 10. Testify alongside Marbury for Anucha at the appeal.

peter.vecsey@nypost.com

Default Re: Isiah Thomas about to be fired?

I am shocked for two things, it has taken this long and that Zeke always lands a big next job, at some point you'd think they'd look at the track record and almost black ball the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am shocked for two things, it has taken this long and that Zeke always lands a big next job, at some point you'd think they'd look at the track record and almost black ball the guy.
    I've heard both Mark and Slick say on numerous occasions that they are shocked he got another job in the NBA and that he's kept it this long. Mark and Slick obviously have no respect for Isiah - which to me is very telling. Because while Slick sometimes disagrees with the coaches decisions, I feel he's had a lot of respect for the other Pacers coaches, like Brown, Bird, Carlisle - but not Isiah. Same with Mark and they always know a lot more that is going on than they can say in public

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I've heard both Mark and Slick say on numerous occasions that they are shocked he got another job in the NBA and that he's kept it this long. Mark and Slick obviously have no respect for Isiah - which to me is very telling. Because while Slick sometimes disagrees with the coaches decisions, I feel he's had a lot of respect for the other Pacers coaches, like Brown, Bird, Carlisle - but not Isiah. Same with Mark and they always know a lot more that is going on than they can say in public

and the Pacers appeared to be his most normal stop in the last like 18 years and really easy going likeable guys in those two give off that impression.

I wish someone would write an unauthorized biography of the life of Isiah Thomas, I would absolutely read it, from the MJ dissing, the choking of the trainer (I still think I dreamed seeing that moment when he was hurt in a game and the Piston Trainer came out, the dude that looks like Mario I think, and Isiah grabbed him around the neck in great hostility), to the walk out against the Bulls, to the reasons he was passed over in Detroit in favor of Dumars for GM, to the CBA dismantling, to the Toronto hostile takeover attempt, to the 140 million is cap spending with the Knicks, to Anuchia Brown....

There is a bunch more stuff I am completely sure we don't know about.

I would rank him #1 most likely to pull an OJ someday and I am being serious.

Isiah is and has always been a facinating guy.

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

The other question we want answered is, if Thomas doesn't get bounced for making a fool out of the Knicks and himself for allegedly authorizing Steph Infection to miss the Suns game (Garden interns' skirts were at half-mast) and then playing him his normal 34 minutes against the Clippers, what must he do to get fired?

1. Refer to Mrs. Dolan as a “nappy-headed ho."; 2. Grope any number of Rockettes ... twice; 3. Refinance the Garden with an adjustable rate mortgage; 4. Retire Latrell Sprewell's number; 5. Add OJ Simpson, gun drawn, as an assistant coach; 6. Take in Osama bin Laden as a border; 7. Run any future lineup changes through Tim Donaghy first; 8. Become a pitchman for DirecTV; 9. Use company letterhead to write Next Town Brown a letter of reference; 10. Testify alongside Marbury for Anucha at the appeal.
    LMAO

Well if Isiah gets canned from the Knicks within the next few days, he'll be
    free just in time for his next big opportunity:

"Official Thanksgiving Jive Turkey".

I actually do hope the Knicks keep him though...they deserve both him
    and Dolan.

They can't fire Isiah...c'mon. That would be horrible. I need this dude in my life.

Now excuse me while I go get some "SAVE ZEKE" t-shirts printed up. Any pre-orders?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    They can't fire Isiah...c'mon. That would be horrible. I need this dude in my life.

Now excuse me while I go get some "SAVE ZEKE" t-shirts printed up. Any pre-orders?

I'll take two, the longer he's in NY the better chance the Pacers have of not being worse than them.

Thomas won't get another job. The entire Knicks saga was way too high profile.

Well, maybe he works in the Pistons front office. Bu that's it.

I wonder if ESPN/ABC or even TNT would hire him. He was decent on NBC a few years back.

I wonder if ESPN/ABC or even TNT would hire him. He was decent on NBC a few years back.

Oh sure, there is always that. I was thinking strictly NBA.

Banned

I am surprized it has taken this long to fire him. I think what he did is as least as sickening as what Don Imus did. He has cost the Knicks a bundle of coin with the lawsuit that went against the team, would any other coach be still employed if they did what Isiah did? I think not.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At this point it's not a matter of if, but when he'll get the axe.

I'll have to respectfully disagree there, I thought he was terrible.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    Well, maybe he works in the Pistons front office. Bu that's it.
    How would that work?

Joe: Hey Zeke, we're gonna need some more coffee in here for our meeting, could you get that?

Zeke: Don't you know who I am?

Joe: Thanks Zeke that'll be all....

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    How would that work?

Joe: Hey Zeke, we're gonna need some more coffee in here for our meeting, could you get that?

Zeke: Don't you know who I am?

Joe: Thanks Zeke that'll be all....
    Joe: And, oh, Isiah...be a dear and put a little extra foam in the latte, would ya? Thanks, buddy.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What happens if the Celtics and Knicks turn around?

The Pacers are solely the worst ran franchise of the East.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Joe: And, oh, Isiah...be a dear and put a little extra foam in the latte, would ya? Thanks, buddy.
    Joe:Oh...and it's Mr. Dumars, Zeke.

Isiah is and has always been a facinating guy.

If you are into train wrecks and catastrophes. :-)
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    (I still think I dreamed seeing that moment when he was hurt in a game and the Piston Trainer came out, the dude that looks like Mario I think, and Isiah grabbed him around the neck in great hostility)
    Wait, Isiah choked Arnie Kander? That's ****ed up. Arnie's a cool dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Wait, Isiah choked Arnie Kander? That's ****ed up. Arnie's a cool dude.
    He'd be referring to Mike Abdenour.

Arnie Kander is the team conditioning coach, not the team trainer.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

And yes, I'm sure if Isiah wanted to come back to the Pistons, he could do it.

That said, he wouldn't get a coach or GM job, and he'd have to apologize to Bill Davidson on his hands and knees.

If he really wants to be part of the organization, he'll have to do it from a scout or special assistant GM position. He wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the bench.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Everyone knows that the foot pumps the blood to the body.....or words very nearly that uttered about Reggie's sprained ankle during the Chicago Bulls PO game 5 (????)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Isiah seems like he could a pretty good scout, but his ego seems to proclude him from taking a job where he isnt the center of attention.

But it seems like he has running feuds with about half the coaches or GMs in the league, so finding someone who would even be willing to let him work as a scout would be tricky.

Bring Isiah back as our draft scout if he gets fired from NY