Thread: Funny, sort of...

Default Funny, sort of...

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...warriors_hope/

USA Today -
    Pacers captain Stephen Jackson will play for the first time this season Sunday when the team begins a five-game trip at the Toronto Raptors .

Jackson began the season serving a seven-game suspension from NBA Commissioner David Stern, a result of pleading guilty in June to a felony count of criminal recklessness. That stemmed from an incident in which Jackson fired a gun outside an
    Indianapolis strip club during training camp last season when he was with the Pacers.

Default Re: Funny, sort of...

Sheesh...

Can't we ever distance ourselves from that guy???

Morons

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...warriors_hope/

USA Today -
    Pacers captain Stephen Jackson will play for the first time this season Sunday when the team begins a five-game trip at the Toronto Raptors .

Jackson began the season serving a seven-game suspension from NBA Commissioner David Stern, a result of pleading guilty in June to a felony count of criminal recklessness. That stemmed from an incident in which Jackson fired a gun outside an
    Indianapolis strip club during training camp last season when he was with the Pacers.

I don't think Jackson should be a captain of the Pacers while playing for Golden State. That will make things difficult when we play them!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Well, at least we'll have more offensive options in Toronto.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Well, at least we'll have more offensive options in Toronto.
    More strip clubs, too.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

The only thing I'm surprised about is that there wasn't a detailed recap of the Brawl in Detroit and maybe a quick Jonathan Bender acknowledgement should have completed the article.

Banned

This sort of thing just illustrates what I have been saying about Jackson and the damage he did to the Pacer's image. There are a few here who continue argue that he was no all that bad of a guy and should have not been traded. The damage that Jackson did will outlast his playing days and will haunt the Pacers for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    This sort of thing just illustrates what I have been saying about Jackson and the damage he did to the Pacer's image. There are a few here who continue argue that he was no all that bad of a guy and should have not been traded. The damage that Jackson did will outlast his playing days and will haunt the Pacers for a long time.
    There's no denying he did A LOT of damage to our image.

But the only thing this "illustrates" is that the David DuPree is a rushed sportswriter working on a stringent deadline for a highly mediocre news organization with careless copy editors. And moreso, it "illustrates" that RealGM doesn't update their stories since the "Pacers captain" reference was fixed in the USA Today story, presumably pretty quickly after it went live based on the timeline available to us. And the "Indianapolis strip club" mention is just properly descriptive newswriting.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Irresponsible journalism at its best.