Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ummmmm...Marbury???????

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ummmmm...Marbury???????

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we need anything beyond Starbury. He is a fine replacement for Tinsley and the move would help our contract situation tremendously. It brings the future forward IMO...which is what we need.
    Exactly why i like this trade, then Marbury can maybe opt out after this year, which would be even better.

Marbury at a minimum is better than Tins at his best.

Sidenote: I have a good friend who had a half season tickets last year, and I talked to him the other day. He did not re-up. He told me that they called and asked him why he didnt re-up, and he told them until Tins is gone, he will never buy a ticket again. I told him good for him. (although, sometimes he hooked me up with tix in the past - unfortunatley i cant buy many tix myself because im pretty $ strapped).

After last nights game, it is pretty evident that Obie has already lost Tins this year not 8 games in.

I feel guilty for loving the perverse craziness of this story. It's like reality television or pro wrestling. It's total male soap opera!

The Knicks should embrace the madness! Start trading for all the biggest profile problem children.

Imagine:

PG: Marbury
    SG: Stephen Jackson
    SF: Ron Artest
    PF: Rasheed Wallace
    C: Zach Randolph

All coached by Thomas! Then bring Rodman out of retirement and watch the sparks fly!

Knicks situation is sounding worse by the day. Sounds like the other Knick players are none-too-happy with everybody's favorite Starbury.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

So, it would seem a buy-out is becoming more and more inevitable with each passing game. I mean, the Knicks have more than enough talent so they won't miss Steph's scoring...and it's not like he brings a lot else to the table. My guess, is they're just waiting to find a new PG, since they really have no one else to go to, unless you count Nate or Jamal Crawford...both of which are really SGs.

So how bout Tinsley for Nate and Freddie back? Anyone else down?

Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I don't like Marbury.

That said, if you really want to rebuild the Pacers, Marbury and a pick for Tinsley/Murphy is the way to go. Get rid of two 4-year contracts, and get Marbury's contract, which is up at the same time as JO's.

I don't think Marbury would make us any worse, but then I'm the guy that projected we'd finish #12 in our conference. Tinsley loves Thomas, and Zeke loves Tins. So it could work.

Honestly? If I was TPTB, I'd consider it. Depends on how tired of Tinsley they are. We'd get a lot more shooting from the PG position, that's for sure.
    I agree. This is what they traded into, that's the hard truth of it. They shouldn't have taken on Troy in the first place and Tins appears to be a semi-bust, at least considering the length of his deal. Marbury does seem to be a huge problem, but the team already has that now. He'd at least enjoy getting a green light and can obviously create his own scoring.

Two years of contract is a major help if this team is really headed for the bottom/rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    It's way past time to start over. And if you're gonna blow it up, may as well blow it up in style...Starbury style.
    So you're thinking what I'm thinking then...

Player / Coach

If I didn't think Marbury had a decent chance of embarassing the Pacers off the court I might entertain the thought of Tinsley/Murph for him despite my feelings on him as a player.... but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    If I didn't think Marbury had a decent chance of embarassing the Pacers off the court I might entertain the thought of Tinsley/Murph for him despite my feelings on him as a player.... but I do.
    What can he do? His only dirt on Bird is that Larry got high with Mellencamp and that's already common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    What can he do? His only dirt on Bird is that Larry got high with Mellencamp and that's already common knowledge.
    You have no idea what he knows.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    You have no idea what he knows.

Even I have something on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I feel guilty for loving the perverse craziness of this story. It's like reality television or pro wrestling. It's total male soap opera!

The Knicks should embrace the madness! Start trading for all the biggest profile problem children.

Imagine:

PG: Marbury
    SG: Stephen Jackson
    SF: Ron Artest
    PF: Rasheed Wallace
    C: Zach Randolph

All coached by Thomas! Then bring Rodman out of retirement and watch the sparks fly!
    And a 46 year old Rodman Coming off the bench lol

Edit: I didn't see your mention of Rodman haha, great minds think alike, maybe it's meant to be.

The news this morning I saw on TV is that Isiah threw out the entire team of practice yesterday.

THE ENTIRE TEAM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. This just keeps getting better and better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    The news this morning I saw on TV is that Isiah threw out the entire team of practice yesterday.

THE ENTIRE TEAM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. This just keeps getting better and better.
    You guys suck. Take the day off.

Way to show 'em, Zeke!