View Poll Results: Where should the next party be?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donatos in Nora

5 55.56%
  • Buffalo Wild Wings in Castleton

2 22.22%
  • Pizza King in Geist

1 11.11%
  • Other - please name your choice

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Party XVI - 12-1-07 at Donatos in Nora

Default Forum Party XVI - 12-1-07 at Donatos in Nora

Ignore the poll

The I think I'd like to attend this time list

Alpolloloco
    Bill S
    Evan the Dude
    Grace
    Jose Slaughter
    Kegboy
    Mal
    Pacer Fan 46
    Peck
    Roaming Gnome
    Robertmto
    Shade
    Since 86
    Uncle Buck
    Last edited by Jose Slaughter; 11-20-2007 at 03:56 AM.

Default Re: Forum Party XVI

Do you know what kind of setup the Pizza king is?

Also I just want to say that I will go with the majority opionion on this but I don't really like the idea of it being during a game.

Also if you want to have any type of basketball discussion BW3's is a horrible place to be. Good food and you could see the game (with no sound) but they blare music in there and there would be no talk at all.

Just my opinion.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Couple of things come to my mind.

Does anyone know if IU or Purdue plays that night. And are there any NFL games on that night? I think those are important questions. I guess I could look it up

The Pizza King is about half the size as it was before, without the little area they had set up for us.

Like I said, I'd not been to BW3's during a game so I have no idea what it would be like.

I'm not big on us having it during a game either, but that seemed to be what most were interested in doing this go-around. Like Peck, I'll go with the majority on this one, even if we come up with another option.

IU plays at 8:00 that night.

I think that limits our options on where we can go.

Purdue does not play that night.

If I remember correctly one of the reasons why we decided to have it on a game night was because the last party there was very little basketball discussion - there wasn't too much new to discuss. Perhaps that has changed now - in fact I think it has. Both December 1st and December 8th there isn't a game. Maybe we should vote again to see if we really want it during a Pacers game. I would vote for either the 1st or 8th. But if majority wants it on the 15th, I would still attend.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-12-2007 at 04:32 PM.

B-Dub's is always shoulder to shoulder on local sporting event nights. At least the one on P. Pike is, I'd assume they're all close to the same.

Just a little FYI on B-dub's in Castleton.

1)They have live music on Saturday's.
    2)You have to be 21 and it is a smoking establishment.
    3)I was there for the Grizzlies game and they didn't even have it on. I had to ask them to tune it in and then it was only on one smaller TV. There would be no sound.
    4) They do have Buffalito's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IU plays at 8:00 that night.

I think that limits our options on where we can go.

Purdue does not play that night.

If I remember correctly one of the reasons why we decided to have it on a game night was because the last party there was very little basketball discussion - there wasn't too much new to discuss. Perhaps that has changed now - in fact I think it has. Both December 1st and December 8th there isn't a game. Maybe we should vote again to see if we really want it during a Pacers game. I would vote for either the 1st or 8th. But if majority wants it on the 15th, I would still attend.

I do have a crazy idea and I'm just throwing it out there. And I don't expect really anyone will want to do this (for obvious reasons), but I think it needs to be mentioned. And of course this depends on how many attend the party. But what if we "split up" the party and went to maybe 2 or 3 different houses to watch the game. I mean we could still meet at Donatos or where ever from 5 or 6 until game time at 7:30, and then after the game we could all meet again at Perkins or where ever. Of coruse the down side is we probably won't want to break up the whole group and there could be some hurt feelings where soemone might want to go with this group vs another group.

But if this is something we wanted to do, I would be more than willing to host. I don't have a big place at all - maybe 8-10 people - although if people sit on the floor maybe 12-13 might be able to squeeze in - maybe. But I live in Carmel - about 10 minutes north of Donatos.

Just a thought - and probably not a very good one. But then if we only have around 10-12 people maybe it would work. How many did we have this summer - it was around 10 wasn't it
    I'm coming over from the Netherlands for a short (family) trip around December 1st and will watch the Suns game a few days later so if you all decided to hold this forum party on December 1st i'll gladly join you!

It would be a priviledge to meet the famous PD gang, the biggest Pacers fans and best analytics of our team.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Mood

I'm going to vote "nay" on BW3's for the noise and the crowd, mainly the noise. I want to hear people easily.

I thought Donatos worked just fine last time, but I'm more than happy to give our Pizza King friends a shot at their new location. The only thing I don't like about that is if we have to drop 2-3 hours from the evening to do it.

Look if this is open to a new vote then please put me down firmly on the "no" to a party during a Pacers game.

The last party was pretty dead, but we have a whole new season and a whole new set of problems to talk about.

If our friend from the Netherlands can come I say the 1st is best.

I will be out of the state from the 8th to the 14th so the 8th is out for me and I could do the 15th but I really prefer not to.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could possibly make it to a forum party on the first as well, but definetely could not on the fifteenth.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

How about CiCi's on 86th street? It's a big enough restaurant and they have TVs, so maybe something can be arranged with the management beforehand

Would anyone object to Donatos on December 1st.

I know its not a poll option but it seems that it might be the best way to go.

I won't be able to make it up for either this time. Hope you guys have fun.

For what its worth, I ate at the Dontaos the week before you guys had the last one, And it seemed like they had a pretty good set-up for it.

I would vote for Donatos on December 1st.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Would anyone object to Donatos on December 1st.

I know its not a poll option but it seems that it might be the best way to go.
    That should be fine with me.

I can't commit one way or the other because it wouldn't be fair if we don't make it. Having said that, December 1 and a tank full of gas will work.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have to vote for Donato's because I hate the idea of having to cut it short and B-dubs would be a HORRIBLE place to have this kind of event.

My heart tells me that Pizza King should be the place to have this for the many years they've helped us in the past, but with their new set up, our group could be a burden they don't want to put up with. Anyway, what time do they close? I'd hate to go there to have to leave in less then 2 hours.

As for this idea of having the forum party on a game night... I feel That is the absolute worst idea I've heard in a long time. The forum party is more of a moderated discussion, and I don't really see that happening while the game is taking place.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Donatos on Dec 1 is good for me.

I appreciate the continuing search for an Adult Beverage venue, though
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Where are all those people who wanted it on a game night. Someone must have wanted it then

Where are all those people who wanted it on a game night. Someone must have wanted it then

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=33287

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Stupid Shade.

I'd vote for the 1st at Donatos.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Donatos on Dec 1 is good for me.

I appreciate the continuing search for an Adult Beverage venue, though
    You could probably smuggle some of your own in. Or keep it in a cooler in your car and pour it into a Donatoes cup. pretty easy.

oops, I just read the old thread, and I seem to have liked the idea of doing it on a game night also. Not sure what got into me. I'll blame it on Shade though
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-12-2007 at 01:32 PM.

streets ahead

oops, I just read the old thread, and I seem to have liked the idea of doing it on a game night also. Not sure what got into me. I'll blame it on Shade though
    this whole "enjoying offense" thing has really turned your world upside down, huh?
    This is the darkest timeline.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    I have to vote for Donato's.
    I'm surprised you're voting for Donato's after we almost froze to death. I suppose this time they'll have the heat turned up to 90.