Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs. Nuggets Post-Game Thread: Pacers blow 25-point lead, drop 3rd straight

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers vs. Nuggets Post-Game Thread: Pacers blow 25-point lead, drop 3rd straight

I don't even know what to say. This has got to be one of the worst losses I've ever witnessed as a Pacers fan. Just absolutely embarassing in every possible way.

A 32-point turnaround. Only 32 second-half points.

I officially announce my resignation from the Sunshiner Brigade.

I think I'm gonna be sick.

Default Re: Pacers vs. Nuggets Post-Game Thread: Pacers blow 25-point lead, drop 3rd straight

I saw very little of the game except for Tinsley throwing away the game in the 4th, but where the hell is the character? Where is the desire to win?

Teams who score 46 points in the first quarter should NEVER lose that game.

It's just a sign of mental weakness and can't be tolerated. They have the physical ability, but this is getting nauseating.

Default Re: Pacers vs. Nuggets Post-Game Thread: Pacers blow 25-point lead, drop 3rd straight

They had like a million turnovers in the final 3 minutes, inexcuseable.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Whether or not I mix drinks, I still think I'm going to vomit later on tonight.

well with all the losing my teams are doing i guess i expect this...UHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!@
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

But sorry for the negativity.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Awful, disgraceful, embarrassing, sickening, horrible, sad part is I could go on. This by far the most EMBARRASSING loss I have ever been a part of as a Pacer fan. Not another team in the NBA would have blown a 25 point lead. Not a single one. I guarantee that right here and now. Especially at home.
    Not a single person that witnessed this game live will be paying to watch this team for quite some time, you can book that if you are on the team. They want fan support and then they pull this. They don't deserve fan support.
    The offense was brilliant even in the 3rd quarter if you ask me, the Nuggz were just really hot, but the offense in the 4th was abysmal. I will grant you this it turned into the Tins and JO show. Tins didn't look for anyone else, but JO and if Tins got it back he shot it.

This was gross. Period. This team should be ASHAMED. They have the mental capactiy of infants out there every single one. Even Dunleavy doesn't get a pass, his defense on Diawara and Kleiza was absolutely awful. Just horrible. He looked like a freaking moron on the defensive end. I don't think he contested a single three point shot. If Dunleavy is honestly the smartest player we have then we are in trouble in the intelligence department. He might be a rocket scientist on offense, but he has the IQ of a middle school player defensively.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-10-2007 at 10:32 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

I am FRUSTRATED WITH THIS TEAM!

3rd game in a row, the Pacers run out of gas by the end of the third quarter, so they don't have enough energy to be effective in the fourth quarter.

I think it's fatigue. In the 4th, they just don't seem to have enough energy to get that needed "oomph" on their jumpshots. And when their jumpers aren't falling, that's pretty much the death knell for the team.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw very little of the game

That's more then enough reason to NOT judge anything, watch then come back, till then; have fun with your warriors.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

sweabs

So, can we draw a correlation between our first half success and Tinsleys' 8 assists, to our second half woes and his...what was it...1 assist?

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    That's more then enough reason to NOT judge anything, watch then come back, till then; have fun with your warriors.
    You're only mad because your golden boy JT played awful down the stretch and I pointed it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    3rd game in a row, the Pacers run out of gas by the end of the third quarter, so they don't have enough energy to be effective in the fourth quarter.

I think it's fatigue. In the 4th, they just don't seem to have enough energy to get that needed "oomph" on their jumpshots. And when their jumpers aren't falling, that's pretty much the death knell for the team.

Could that be from misuse of the bench?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw very little of the game except for Tinsley throwing away the game in the 4th, but where the hell is the character? Where is the desire to win?
    ok, first of all, it was the same damn offense they ran in the first half. the shots simply stopped falling. They didn't stop "caring" about making baskets, they just went cold. That is why I said waaaaay back after the first quarter that they would have to keep up the hot shooting to win. The Nuggets LOVE this type of game.

Teams who score 46 points in the first quarter should NEVER lose that game.

It's just a sign of mental weakness and can't be tolerated. They have the physical ability, but this is getting nauseating.
    Again, anybody can score a lot of points if they take a lot of shots. This is the NBA. If you get out and run, you're going to find ways to score.

I don't believe mental weakness has anything to do with this game, unless by mental weakness you're referring to Obie, in which case I agree. Indiana does not have the overall talent makeup to win consistently playing Nellie-ball for four quarters. Eventually, they need to slow the game down and get quality shots closer to the basket.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Granger with another rough shooting night but it was the JO & Jamaal show what killed us in the last 2 quarters.

And why did Tinsley play almost all 24 minutes of the 2nd half? I bet you Diener or Owens could give us some better minutes from the PG spot, especially by not turnung the ball over or getting your shot blocked multiple times!
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Absolutely incredible, we set a world record, no team in the NBA ever loses after being 25 up, never happened, will never happen again, we are absolutely shamed for the ages.

Of course JT and JO gave this game away, they threw it, playing the most miuntes the coach made sure that whenever the other players were on the floor and creating that enormous lead they were taken off and he made sure by bringing JT and JO back that the Bugz could keep on scoring.

The refs agreed with you all, they made sure to not call any fouls made on those players, unless they could call them ON these players.

No, then the absolute star of the evening, our best player by far, Dany Granger, he was fantastic, he was better then Garnett out there, he made every shothe looked at, got intercepts on passes, defended better then anyone on the team, never lost his man, like JT and JO did all the time, and was always in time for the defensive rotation, and then made his shots with authority on the other end.

He should have taken more shots then anyone on the team!

Of course had it not been for the abysmal play of Shawn Williams, Danny might even have gotten us the W.

And had coach played more of Diener and Owens instead of JT, together with Danny and Quis, then we sure a certain would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    Granger with another rough shooting night but it was the JO & Jamaal show what killed us in the last 2 quarters.

And why did Tinsley play almost all 24 minutes of the 2nd half? I bet you Diener or Owens could give us some better minutes from the PG spot, especially by not turnung the ball over or getting your shot blocked multiple times!
    I don't know whats up with Owens being buried on the bench. Diener makes sense his shot isn't falling and Iverson would have abused him all night, but I don't know why Owens can't buy any time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Indiana does not have the overall talent makeup to win consistently playing Nellie-ball for four quarters. Eventually, they need to slow the game down and get quality shots closer to the basket.
    I agree with this.

Instead, however, we just keep jacking up jumpers and missing them. That's STUPID basketball right there.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Absolutely incredible, we set a world record, no team in the NBA ever loses after being 25 up, never happened, will never happen again, we are absolutely shamed for the ages.

Of course JT and JO gave this game away, they threw it, playing the most miuntes the coach made sure that whenever the other players were on the floor and creating that enormous lead they were taken off and he made sure by bringing JT and JO back that the Bugz could keep on scoring.

The refs agreed with you all, they made sure to not call any fouls made on those players, unless they could call them ON these players.

No, then the absolute star of the evening, our best player by far, Dany Granger, he was fantastic, he was better then Garnett out there, he made every shothe looked at, got intercepts on passes, defended better then anyone on the team, never lost his man, like JT and JO did all the time, and was always in time for the defensive rotation, and then made his shots with authority on the other end.

He should have taken more shots then anyone on the team!

Of course had it not been for the abysmal play of Shawn Williams, Danny might even have gotten us the W.

And had coach played more of Diener and Owens instead of JT, together with Danny and Quis, then we sure a certain would have won.
    Able I think you need to take a deep breath and really take a long hard look at Tinsley, particularly his offensive performance the final 8 or so minutes of the 4th quarter. It was horrible.

I saw the game, and the only thing I had in my mind was the fact that how frustrated Pacer fans were going to be this is a tough loss for you guys playing so positively in the first 2 and half quarters and then just to see that taken away will make you feel awful.

its tough losing big leads especially 25 point leads. Jim O'Brien has some adjustments to do cause his supposed stress for discipline did not show in the players.
    "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7 View Post
    Could that be from misuse of the bench?
    Yeah, you could say that. Although I guess it's hard to go to the bench when some of your players are nursing an injury of some kind or by putting them in, you're greatly endangering your lead.

Either way, I really don't think the Pacers are built for this style of play. I'm not saying that they should go back to Carlisle-ball. But somewhere in between would be nice. I'm just not seeing encouraging signs so far. Sure, they started off well, but apparently they hit some sort of wall by game 4.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

You're only mad because your golden boy JT played awful down the stretch and I pointed it out...
    Come back when you know something about the game and watched it completely, untill then you have no right whatsoever to judge anyone anywhere.

Tonight's game was nothing more than an extension of the 2nd half of last season. Play well early, stop motion on offense, other team comes back without having to use a lot of energy.

A TEAM PLAYING THE 2ND OF BACK TO BACK GAMES SHOULD NEVER COME BACK FROM 25 POINTS DOWN.

Only a team playing like the Pacers could allow that to happen. We need some lobotomies..we being the players and coach for allowing that to unravel.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I agree with this.

Instead, however, we just keep jacking up jumpers and missing them. That's STUPID basketball right there.
    That's the system, though. You can't applaud Obie for giving his players green lights, and then get upset at the players when they miss them. They're just playing within the system.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004