Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Game #4 - Pacers LOSE!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Post Game #4 - Pacers LOSE!

so much for the winning streak...
    it was a bad outing by everyone...
    this was a game that the Pacers lost...
    if we came out to play - no question we would've won...

E.T. still doing his thing...definitely got to JT which took him out of the game...along with our offense....

Surprised we didn't try Rush and Shawne a bit more seeing how everyone else was just shooting bricks out there tonight...

Default Re: Post Game #4 - Pacers LOSE!

I don't understand that. . . Rush should bet getting consistent minutes. He should have played more tonight
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Oneal07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand that. . . Rush should bet getting consistent minutes. He should have played more tonight
    Maybe he is still injured. It appears that OB plays people on how they practice. And if this is true, then Rush has not changed much.

I'm sitting hear listening to JOB's press conference and him responding to a question saying that he didn't really think effort was a problem. Guess I was watching a different game in the 2nd half.

I thought the 2nd half looked like the end of last year or worse. I can't understand how in only the fourth game of the year in a matchup of undefeateds after several days off you just look that lethargic. Okay, you had a bad shooting night, but the number of offensive boards surrendered is a testament to lack of effort and energy IMO.

Interestingly, our rotation seemed more mysterious than the other games. Ike out. Murphy and Shawne back. Quis? Rush? How will the rotation play out? Also will be interesting to see how the they respond to an early "bump" in the road.

Well that certainly sucked.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Which team had 3 days off and which team played last night?

I tried not to get to high at 3-0, so I'll try not to get to low after this stinker.
    Last edited by Hoop; 11-07-2007 at 10:01 PM.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Bad shooting and poor rebounding. I still think we are a solid playoff team even after watching such a poor 2nd half performance. JO looks slow.
    Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by LAPacer View Post
    Bad shooting and poor rebounding. I still think we are a solid playoff team even after watching such a poor 2nd half performance. JO looks slow.
    I thought they all looked slow. Even on our few running opportunities, I didn't feel like they pushed it and ran out with the same urgency as we've seen early on. Need to rectify that quickly.

Murphy=Automatic loss...
    and why did kareem rush only play the last 3 mins when we fell down by 20?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    I thought they all looked slow. Even on our few running opportunities, I didn't feel like they pushed it and ran out with the same urgency as we've seen early on. Need to rectify that quickly.

I agree we did look slow, or at least we looked slow compared to the Clips.
    Man, I don't remember Kamen being that good. If he keeps up the pace of this first 4 games he's a lock for an all star spot. We need to get J.O.'s minutes up, and Foster needs to find his edge on the boards again. Of course it is hard to grab a board when you're the only Pacer against four Clippers. We just didn't seem to hustle for the boards like we're capable. I think we could've withstood the cold shooting if we had the team rebounding were better. Nothing that can't be easily addressed in the next practice.

There really is just no excuse for letting 37-year-old Sam Cassell drop 35 points and letting Chris Kaman grab 22 boards in the same game.

Well I had an interesting night.

I met with my ticket representative and he gave me a ticket to a seat in the second row right at midcourt, I sat right behind LaSalle Thompson - he's a big dude.

You get a different perspective sitting down there, you see players faces, their expressions, you hear what they are saying, you hear what the coaches are saying and the refs are always in your line of sight.

The Clippers looked really, really looked, aggresive, extremely athletic and they just manhandled us. Cassell was on tonight and he and Chris Kaman controlled the game.

I don't know where Tinsley was tonight, but he wasn't at Conseco. I mean physically he was there, but he looked like he wanted to be any place but on the court tonight. He gave us nothing and at zero impact on the game - he was a non- factor. He might as well had stayed home. And just to be clear, I'm not basing my comments on the number of points Cassell scored, I'm basing my comments on how Tinsley played and just "the way he looked" It really makes me wonder.

Kaman dominated the inside play, he destroyed JO. It was really a mismatch.

That was the two key matchups, if JO and JT are going to get overmatched like that every night - it will be a long season.

If JO is getting dominated by Chris Kaman of all people, I'm afraid of what will happen when he goes up against Chris Bosh, KG, and Dwight Howard later in the year. Yikes.

I didn't see the game, but based off the box score we got absolutely nothing from the PG position. Add that when Granger, Dunleavy, Murphy, and O'Neal are all cold on the same night, and all of our reserves do absolutely nothing to stuff the stat sheet in their 15-20 minutes of play, it will be a long night folks.

It's early in the season and if they looked as lethargic as some of you say they are, then it will be very, very interesting to see how the react to what I'm sure will be a nice little pep talk from OB.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

I met with my ticket representative and he gave me a ticket to a seat in the second row right at midcourt, I sat right behind LaSalle Thompson - he's a big dude.

You get a different perspective sitting down there, you see players faces, their expressions, you hear what they are saying, you hear what the coaches are saying and the refs are always in your line of sight.
    Don't tell Rat, you'll break his heart.

I agree UB, I like the games period, but once I dabbled in single seats down close (but less total games) I was hooked. The spacing is so different, the size advantages stand starkly out. When a guy screens and gets even 2 feet of space it's like miles, you'd almost expect that little window to be enough space to be automatic every time. It brings out the strategy much more.

It's ironic to me because the higher up you are at a Colts game the more the strategy and spacing stands out. I suppose at the line that might not be true, the trench spacing and strategy. But football is a sport of big spacing more than tight spacing.

The Clippers looked really, really looked, aggresive, extremely athletic and they just manhandled us. Cassell was on tonight and he and Chris Kaman controlled the game.

I don't know where Tinsley was tonight, but he wasn't at Conseco. I mean physically he was there, but he looked like he wanted to be any place but on the court tonight. He gave us nothing and at zero impact on the game - he was a non- factor. He might as well had stayed home. And just to be clear, I'm not basing my comments on the number of points Cassell scored, I'm basing my comments on how Tinsley played and just "the way he looked" It really makes me wonder.

That was the two key matchups, if JO and JT are going to get overmatched like that every night - it will be a long season.

Don't the Clippers always blow us out early in the season, or does it just seem like that?

Tinsley is Tinsley. I haven't been all that thrilled with him through the first 3 games but I figured people would just say it's because I don't like him. Every game with him has good and bad. Sometimes the good outweighs the bad and people start sizing him up for his All-Star jersey. But even then, you see him taking questionable shots, making questionable passes, and holding/dribbling looking for the dime rather than just making the simple pass to get the offense flowing when nothing is immediately there.

But even among the games where Tins gives you good and bad, he also has games where you wonder when that 'good' is even going to come.

For whatever reason, we seem stuck with him and these 'swings'. We might as well get used to it, if anyone isn't already. There's Good Jamaal and there's Bad Jamaal. We just need to try and keep Bad Jamaal benched as much as possible.

Our defense let us down tonight from what I saw... while our offense did little to counter that as the game wore on.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

After a hellish drive over (I got on 70 minutes after that nasty and fatal accident just west of Knightstown exit) to Indy that took about 2 1/2 hours and had me getting to Conseco into the 2nd period. Apparently I heard the best part of the game on the radio while I was stuck (at five separate locations) in dead-stopped traffic.

Jim said he thought the effort was OK. Not the part I saw. Yes we did simply miss open shots a lot, but we seemed to "jog" the same way the really fat high school kids "jog" during football practice. And way too much did I see what essentially felt like a game of "pass the ball around the perimeter". I sure hope this was the exception, not the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    If JO is getting dominated by Chris Kaman of all people, I'm afraid of what will happen when he goes up against Chris Bosh, KG, and Dwight Howard later in the year. Yikes.

I didn't see the game, but based off the box score we got absolutely nothing from the PG position. Add that when Granger, Dunleavy, Murphy, and O'Neal are all cold on the same night, and all of our reserves do absolutely nothing to stuff the stat sheet in their 15-20 minutes of play, it will be a long night folks.

It's early in the season and if they looked as lethargic as some of you say they are, then it will be very, very interesting to see how the react to what I'm sure will be a nice little pep talk from OB.
    I still wouldn't worry too much about J.O. He'll get back to his old self in a few games and he'll be more effective when his minutes pick up. Kamen has been dominating in his first 4 games. The way he's playing he deserves to be compared to any of the players you mention. He'll be leading the league in rebounding after tonight, and it would be argued that he's playing like the best center in the nba right now, at the very least top 3.

I'm guessing you sitting so close made him nervous.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    After a hellish drive over (I got on 70 minutes after that nasty and fatal accident just west of Knightstown exit) to Indy that took about 2 1/2 hours and had me getting to Conseco into the 2nd period. Apparently I heard the best part of the game on the radio while I was stuck (at five separate locations) in dead-stopped traffic.

Jim said he thought the effort was OK. Not the part I saw. Yes we did simply miss open shots a lot, but we seemed to "jog" the same way the really fat high school kids "jog" during football practice. And way too much did I see what essentially felt like a game of "pass the ball around the perimeter". I sure hope this was the exception, not the rule.
    I noticed that. We would simply get the ball up the court by jogging then we'd just pass around the perimeter and throw up a shot which tonight never seemd to go in. Probably should have attacked the basket more than we did, especially since it was one of those terrible shooting nights.

We seemed to get lazy on driving. I've seen this Pacers team plenty of times before, the un-enthusiastic offense followed by a jumper that clanks off the rim.

I hope tonight was just a garbage night on our part. Jim also said he thought some people still needed to get in rhythm in the offense, because we've had a lot of players coming in and out of the lineup.

The attendance was sad, but with the team's recent past and it being a weekday didn't help. My Dad was the first caller in the call-in show and mentioned that if you didn't hear....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

We need games like this to keep this teams mind on planet Earth and keep them working hard. I look at this loss as a positive, not a negative. Regroup, watch tape, learn, and go out and bust your asses again the next game.

Tonight's game was physically and emotionally revolting.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    We need games like this to keep this teams mind on planet Earth and keep them working hard. I look at this loss as a positive, not a negative. Regroup, watch tape, learn, and go out and bust your asses again the next game.
    I agree 100%.

At this point all you can do is look at your mistakes, remember the embarrassment, and go out the next game and play your asses off.

Hopefully the Pacers feel this way.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by LAPacer View Post
    JO is slow.
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    My Dad was the first caller in the call-in show and mentioned that if you didn't hear....
    Gee, sorry I missed that.

OK I've just watched on FSN the game up to when I made it to the arena. We looked better in the first half. Things just went to hell in the second half.