Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wow does anyone go to pacers games anymore?

Default Re: wow does anyone go to pacers games anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never bought into the "GS trade will solve attendance issues" and in fact it's gotten worse despite the early winning. Right now I'd say the Pacers better hope they win the GS deal in the long run because clearly the fans aren't going to be tolerant of losing.
    Like Peck said, I don't think anyone thought moving Stephen Jackson would solve all our problems -- not quickly anyway. This is a going to be a multi-year recovery.

When you have termites eating away at the foundation of your house, the first thing you do is kill the termites. Then, in time, you rebuild the compromised structure of the house, which was the real critical issue to begin with. Killing the termites alone isn't going to fix anything...Your house is still needs significant improvements before any one is going to trust it as structurally sound (new support beams, wall studs, etc.)

So we're going to have to show the fans some clear improvement before they come back. So far, all we've given them is change.

And change doesn't prove anything.

Last edited by JayRedd; 11-13-2007 at 12:38 PM.

I still don't understand why we (Hoosiers) assume to know more about basketball than the rest of the world. I think it just makes us feel better.

I attended the Pacers VS Nuggets game on Saturday. I had 4 seats on the floor and 2 seats in row 8. I took my brother, sister and their significant others. We switched seats around for different views and change of company. I get these seats a few times a year since the late 80's. It was obviously more fun than the Clippers game due to seating. It's still not as much fun as watching the game with some friends in my basement. I turned down tickets for tonight's (Boston)game.

To answer Buck's question about who actually pays for their tickets....I have paid to go to 2 games in my life. I took my son to see an untelevised game last season when Granger got hurt and taken off on a stretcher and a few years ago my wife and I were downtown and just walked over on a whim.

I've spent well over a hundred dollars on 10 "Free" tickets already this season. I can't afford any more free tickets for awhile.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Like Peck said, I don't think anyone thought moving Stephen Jackson would solve all our problems -- not quickly anyway. This is a going to be a multi-year recovery.

When you have termites eating away at the foundation of your house, the first thing you do is kill the termites. Then, in time, you rebuild the compromised structure of the house, which was the real critical issue to begin with. Killing the termites alone isn't going to fix anything...Your house is still needs significant improvements before any one is going to trust it as structurally sound (new support beams, wall studs, etc.)

So we're going to have to show the fans some clear improvement before they come back. So far, all we've given them is change.

And change doesn't prove anything.
    Great post, and an even greater termite analogy. Those are my favourite kind of analogies.

I know Hicks hates when very old threads like this one are bumped.

I just came across this old thread back when fan interest really dipped to an all time low.

This past season we were last in attendance, like in the season this thread was posted.

The huge difference was that in 2008, it was a major drought and people lost a ton of hope/interest. Now we're pretty much recovering and it's all new for everyone here. Pacers playoff basketball is something everyone has missed and a good group of people representing the state of Indiana.

Now look where we've come. We're in the playoffs and the overall interest in the team is way higher than it's been, God since before the thuggy era.

I know the recent home game was the worst ever as far as the crowd, but I loved what I saw Thursday night. Yes a quarter at most were Bulls fans, but it was loud as can be for the Pacers. Shows how much people love/missed playoff basketball at the Fieldhouse.

The 11-12 will be a great season. I'm looking forward to an even better Pacers team and the everyone is back on board with the Pacers. The crowd will be pumped up like its the 90s and early 2000s. Hopefully we get, at least another home game this season with a win tonight. I think that'll draw in a lot of interest like Thursday's crowd. Maybe even better.

Again, I'm so proud of what this team has become and how bright the future is compared to when this thread was posted.
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 04-26-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

I hope you're right. I definitely believe the casuals are starting to come back. On campus today, I noticed at least 6 Pacers shirts, including one with the old-school Pacers logo and some girl rocking a Reggie flojo jersey. Hand to God, I think I saw more Pacers gear today than I did in the last 3 years here combined. It was weird not being the only person in a Pacers shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    I hope you're right. I definitely believe the casuals are starting to come back. On campus today, I noticed at least 6 Pacers shirts, including one with the old-school Pacers logo and some girl rocking a Reggie flojo jersey. Hand to God, I think I saw more Pacers gear today than I did in the last 3 years here combined. It was weird not being the only person in a Pacers shirt.
    I've seen a lot of current player jerseys worn around the city.

People are talking about the Pacers again.

I've heard TV views for Pacers games have gone up a lot since a while ago. That's pretty much the first domino to fall and that one fell in the middle of the season.

Now we made the playoffs and everyone is talking and sporting Pacers gear.

Next season is when it call comes together. Everyone is back on board filling around 90% of the Fieldhouse per game.

Plus with all this cap space, we can really become something special again.

I'M PUMPED FOR TONIGHT! Though a little worried this can be the end of the season.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    I know Hicks hates when very old threads like this one are bumped.

I just came across this old thread back when fan interest really dipped to an all time low.

This past season we were last in attendance, like in the season this thread was posted.

The huge difference was that in 2008, it was a major drought and people lost a ton of hope/interest. Now we're pretty much recovering and it's all new for everyone here. Pacers playoff basketball is something everyone has missed and a good group of people representing the state of Indiana.

Now look where we've come. We're in the playoffs and the overall interest in the team is way higher than it's been, God since before the thuggy era.

I know the recent home game was the worst ever as far as the crowd, but I loved what I saw Thursday night. Yes a quarter at most were Bulls fans, but it was loud as can be for the Pacers. Shows how much people love/missed playoff basketball at the Fieldhouse.

The 11-12 will be a great season. I'm looking forward to an even better Pacers team and the everyone is back on board with the Pacers. The crowd will be pumped up like its the 90s and early 2000s. Hopefully we get, at least another home game this season with a win tonight. I think that'll draw in a lot of interest like Thursday's crowd. Maybe even better.

Again, I'm so proud of what this team has become and how bright the future is compared to when this thread was posted.
    Heart warming post Scot. Good job.