Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diogu Out Four To Six Weeks With Torn Calf Muscle

Default Diogu Out Four To Six Weeks With Torn Calf Muscle

The Indiana Pacers announced Wednesday that center Ike Diogu will be out four to six weeks with a torn left calf muscle. The injury occurred during practice Tuesday.

Diogu has played in all three Pacers games, starting one, and averaged 13.7 points (shooting .571 from the floor) and 4.3 rebounds per game.

Default Diogu injured; will miss 4-6 weeks

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...n_calf_muscle/

Diogu Out Four To Six Weeks With Torn Calf Muscle
    November 7, 2007 - 10:47 am
    RealGM Staff Report -
    The Indiana Pacers announced Wednesday that center Ike Diogu will be out four to six weeks with a torn left calf muscle. The injury occurred during practice Tuesday.

Diogu has played in all three Pacers games, starting one, and averaged 13.7 points (shooting .571 from the floor) and 4.3 rebounds per game.
    Well, he looked solid thus far, but this could open up the door for that Sims kid to get back on the NBA roster again.

Default Re: Diogu injured; will miss 4-6 weeks

Ouch

Default Re: Diogu Out Four To Six Weeks With Torn Calf Muscle

Wow tough luck for the kid I think he was really starting to put it together. Torn calf muscle seems waayy worse than a 4-6 week thing.

I guess Williams will be thrown into action and Harrison will still get a chance to show his arse, er I mean play.

Really need Murphy to come back now.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well that figures.

Dangit.

That is a big setback for Ike. He needs time on the floor and in practice to pick up the offensive and defensive concepts.

We have plenty of depth to cover for him, but this sets him back in his development

This will increase the need for Murphy to come back and put some pressure on Harrison to continue to improve.

And Sims may get some playing time as well. Should be interesting. But it is very disappointing since Ike needed the playing time to figure out the offense and defense. He seemed lost a little as it was, take him out of it for a couple months and its going to be that much harder for him.

This sucks. They're gonna have to play Jermaine more minutes. Hopefully Troy comes back
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Threads merged.

When isn't someone injured on this team?

What is up with these practices? Was Danny the only person to realize that he needed to improve his conditioning this year?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When isn't someone injured on this team?
    No kidding and a torn muscle seems very bad.

I guess this answers the question of what to do with Murphy.
    There are a lot of miner muscles in the calf area, I would hope it's one of those, and he can return full force after a few weeks. I thought the depth we had in the front court was too much, but with 3 injuries in our rotation of big men in only 3 games I no longer think that. This could be the year we overcome the injury bug with depth.

It's a good thing that the team is deep. I guess all season our front court will continue to do a rotation with one or two guys out with an injury, one guy recovering from an injury, and 3 healthy players.

This stinks. It was nice having Diogu come in and be a post threat while JO was on the bench. I guess now they're going to try to throw it down to Harrison more while JO isn't on the floor. Hopefully he'll be able to handle it.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Terrible news because I like that Ike was showing some progress. OTOH, thank goodness we have Shawne Williams.

Shawne, IMHO, is a better scorer, rebounder, and defender than Ike and will make the Pacers really tough to defend if he's in the game with Danny, JO and Mike.

The one downside is that Ike could play some of the bigger PFs and smaller Centers in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

streets ahead

i would argue that ike is the better scorer. certainly the better shooter. it is quite unfortunate - there were several periods during the first couple of games where ike carried the scoring for a while. but yes luckily we've got shawne back, JO should be getting healthier and murphy should be back sometime soon.
    This is the darkest timeline.

The good news is that he should be back right around the time when Jermaine has to sit out some games because of (Insert Ailment Here).

I'd expect this to mean more small ball with either Danny or Shawne at the 4, at least until Murphy returns. Luckily for us, the Clippers don't have any worthwhile bigs other than Kaman now that Brand is out. Tim Thomas as a PF is really no different than Danny or Shawne as a PF.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Ouch!

Ike was off to a great start, this really sets him back in his progress. Luckily our depth will cover us.

Get well soon, IKE!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Wow tough luck for the kid I think he was really starting to put it together. Torn calf muscle seems waayy worse than a 4-6 week thing.

I guess Williams will be thrown into action and Harrison will still get a chance to show his arse, er I mean play.

Really need Murphy to come back now.

ask and thy shall receive...

Dunleavy, who sprained his left ankle in Monday's practice and did not participate Tuesday, is probable for the game, but Ike Diogu will miss the next 4-6 weeks with a torn left calf muscle. Two other forwards, Troy Murphy and Shawne Williams, are expected back.
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_071107.html
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This sucks really, really bad because Ike has shown so many flashes the first three games of the season, and I was really anxious to see if that could be translated into any kind of consistency.

Now we have probably 6 weeks of no Ike, and it will probably take him a month or so of playing to get back to where he was the first three games of the season. Although I'm really hoping I'm wrong here.

We really need Troy back now and I am trying to look on the bright side of this in that it will get Shawne some more minutes. I really want to see what Shawne can do in the 4 spot and if Larry's vision of Shawne and Granger playing side by side can become a reality. In the next few weeks we should be able to see how Shawne has come along, which is vey important to the future of the team.

Diogu out - and this would surprise me how?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Let's hope for a speedy recovery for Ike. He was really starting to look like the fit in. Hopefully when he comes back he won't forget everything he learned at training camp and the first few games.

Increased Jermaine minutes should keep us at the level we have been playing. The Dunleavy sprained ankle is a bit concerning.
    Pacers!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    What is up with these practices? Was Danny the only person to realize that he needed to improve his conditioning this year?
    Welcome to the Pacers Ike........you can't truly be a Pacer until you have gone through some major month-long injury.

Seriously.....hasn't everyone gotten injured during some type of practice this year?

JONeal was out cuz he banged his knee with Shawne....DURING practice. I think that the entire team should start wearing bubblewrap to practice.

The only brightside of this is that this means that Shawne will get more minutes. The good thing is that Shawne is as tall as Ike...so we don't really lose that much in height with him in the lineup.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Yeah this stinks, and this is coming at a time where it was looking like we'd have all our weapons. I guess there has to be at least one that isn't there; thank goodness Shawne and Troy are returning though. That should lessen the blow (I say blow since Ike did provide us with a good kick off the bench; pretty much took up JO's role when JO was on the bench).

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/diogu_out_071107.html

Diogu out 4-6 weeks with torn calf muscle

By Conrad Brunner | Nov. 7, 2007
    Diogu
    Ike Diogu, a promising young forward who played a pivotal role in the Pacers' 3-0 start, will miss four-to-six weeks with a torn calf muscle, the team announced today. The injury occurred during Tuesday's practice. "I really feel terrible for Ike," said Coach Jim O'Brien after this morning's shootaround. "The good thing is we have some depth up front that should be able to step up. But Ike was coming rapidly and really playing a good brand of basketball."

Troy Murphy, who missed the final four preseason games and the first three of the regular season with a strained calf muscle, is expected to return for tonight's game against the undefeated Los Angeles Clippers in Conseco Fieldhouse.
    Shawne Williams also will return from a three-game team suspension.

Diogu started on opening night in place of the injured Jermaine O'Neal and in three appearances this season has averaged 23.3 minutes, 13.7 points and 4.3 rebounds, making 16-of-28 shots from the field (57.1 percent).

"It happens. Injuries are part of the game," Diogu said. "It's an unfortunate time because I was starting to do the things people expect me to do on the floor. I've just got to wait it out, come back and get back to doing the same things."
    Diogu said the injury happened when he went up for a shot.

"It was like somebody threw a rock at the back of my leg," he said, "so I knew it was going to be something pretty serious."
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731