Thread: Message Boards

Hybrid View

Default Message Boards

Unlike during the football season when I frequent many other teams message boards, I never go to other NBA boards. The Patriots message board is like nothing I've ever seen. They can't be happy winning - they have to have some drama or something to complain about as well. I was just curious if there is a board like that for an NBA club you've seen. From what I have gathered from here the Lakers might be one of them.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Message Boards

http://www.lakersground.net

To these people, the whole world is divided into the righteous and the Kobe haters.

There is also warriorsworld.net where they are ALWAYS wanting to trade somebody (if not everybody). I used to visit there time to time when I needed a laugh. They have some posters that seem to have disliked every player and coach that has ever been associated with that team.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.lakersground.net

To these people, the whole world is divided into the righteous and the Kobe haters.
    I always thought the Kobe haters were the righteous

This Red Sox board is probably the best forum I've ever seen. I feel like I know quite a bit about baseball, but still don't feel qualified to even post there. There are no trolls or anything really below pretty high-level discussion.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showforum=5

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

hey can't be happy winning - they have to have some drama or something to complain about as well. I was just curious if there is a board like that for an NBA club you've seen.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ead.php?t=2020

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post

How long ya been waiting to use that one? I do like how in the game that thread referenced Tinsley outscored his opponent, shot over 50% from 2 & three & made all of his freebies & the Pacers won. They not only won but had won 4 in a row.

I am a huge Colts fan, but most Colts message boards I see bother me somewhat. If the Colts lose ONE TIME everyone says that the sky is falling, and then everything is okay again if they win the next week. I suppose that this is the case on most message boards, but Colts boards seem to be an extreme case. However an exception to this type of behavior had to do with the recent Pats lose. Most fans seemed to keep their composure after the loss. I think that probably had something to do with us making the "unbeatable" Pats come back at the end when we weren't even close to full strength.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    How long ya been waiting to use that one? I do like how in the game that thread referenced Tinsley outscored his opponent, shot over 50% from 2 & three & made all of his freebies & the Pacers won. They not only won but had won 4 in a row.

I just went back to the 61 win season and looked for a thread on Tinsley. We all know no matter how good of a season the Pacers have someone will moan about one of the players. But that is what message boards are for I guess.

There are lots of bad sports message boards everywhere in which when you go as a visitor and tell them that you support another team, they will mock you, call you a troll, say you are gay, the players on your team are gay, and the women in your family are easy.

I am grateful that PD is not like that.

There are forums for just about every team like that. It is the prevailing sports message board mentality, where teens and young testosterone-heads discuss things at the level of a locker room and love to hurl insults. It says nothing about the nature of the real fans of that team. There is a Pacers forum something like that.

as to a good nba forum, clutchcity.net (Houston Rockets) is a good one. They have a subforum for non-Rockets nba talk and a forum for Rockets talk.

They have a membership, but it is free to post in both of the nba & Rockets subforums The only exception is when when the Rockets talk forum is REALLY busy (games, trade rumors) and then that forum is limited to paying members but you can still get on the general nba talk forum.