Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to move on.

Smile Time to move on.

Time to pick ourselves up. Today is a new day! Our beloved Colts will get back to winning! It's not the end of the world. Hey atleast it wasn't a blowout.

I STILL BELIEVE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Time to move on.

Indeed today is a new day, however come January...we got's to play out in the snow or bad weather and in front of New Englanders....
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed today is a new day, however come January...we got's to play out in the snow or bad weather and in front of New Englanders....
    I have no doubt that a healthy Colts team can beat them! We almost beat them yesterday without a few of our key players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree we did indeed almost beat them. We owned them during the first 3 quarters however we just couldn't finish it out at the end...ahh well todays a new day. Time to get ready for the Chargers
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't feel nearly as bad after this loss as I thought I might. The game was very competitive and ultimately, the Patriots made more plays. They won. It hurts as a fan, but I'm not devastated. The Colts will likely see them again. I would expect another very competitive game, no matter the location.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Mood

I have to agree that this was not a bad feeling loss as a fan. We hung with them without Marvin Harrison, Keahio and Gonzales for most of the game. If Marvin catches the couple of dropped passes by Moorehead it could have been a different outcome.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Which will make the win sweeter for the Colts.

I think we're the better team full strength. New England is the better team right now and now that they have beat the champs they have the right to say that they're the best team in football. I will even say it: The Pats are the best team in football, they've earned it.

But they better watch their backs come January if we have Marvin back.

While I always hate losing, especially to NE*, I feel that it may have been a blessing in disguise. I really do.

NE is good, very good, definitely on the Colts' level. But yesterday proved, as I've been saying all year, they are ON the Colts' level, not on an entirely different level by themselves. They are not an unbeatable force. It took a near-miraculous comeback with us missing several players, including three key players (Marvin, Ugoh, and Keiaho) for them to eek out a 4-point win. Hardly fear-inspiring.

I also found it funny how NE* celebrated like they had actually won the Super Bowl or something. I guess they swallowed all the press about this being Super Bowl 41 1/2 or some other media-driven nonsense. It was a REGULAR SEASON GAME.

As far as having to play at NE* in January...we were going to have to do that anyway. NE*'s schedule is much, much easier than ours. They would have finished with a better record regardless.

At this point, I'll be pulling for NE* to remain undefeated until we meet in the AFCCG. I want us to be the ones to knock them off their pedestal, and in their own house to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    Which will make the win sweeter for the Colts.

I think we're the better team full strength. New England is the better team right now and now that they have beat the champs they have the right to say that they're the best team in football. I will even say it: The Pats are the best team in football, they've earned it.

But they better watch their backs come January if we have Marvin back.
    No, they have to beat the champs in the playoffs before they can make that claim. We're still the champs until someone else proves otherwise.

Let's say for the sake of argument that the Pats enter the AFCCG effectively 17-0 and we enter it effectively 16-1...Biggest game of all time in any sport?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I also found it funny how NE* celebrated like they had actually won the Super Bowl or something.
    That's because they have no class. [/]

I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. I thought Indy played not to lose rather to win once they got up 10, and that's what ultimately decided the game.

Defensively they weren't swarming the ball like they normally do, but kept big cushions on the wideouts and didn't pursue the ball once in the air.

Offensively it felt like they got away from what was working, and went to how they play against the rest of the league. NE was hell bent on not allowing plays over 10+ yards. They were dropping their LBs, if they weren't involved in the blitz, so the crossing routes were ineffective. In the first half Peyton settled for the check down to Addai and he had a lot of open field to work with once he made his man miss. In the second half Peyton kept on his initial read and forced a lot of balls which were dropped. If they make the plays, it would have been great. But you're throwing to Moorehead and Gonzo, not Marv. NE didn't respect them two at all and was placing more attention on Wayne than they normally could because of it.

Check it down, get 5 yds at a time and move the chains. Don't fix it unless it's broken. I would have let Joe touch the ball 50 times yesterday until NE proved they could stop the screens.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I agree with Shade, and I'm not trying to downplay New England's* win either, but this really feels like a blessing in disguise to me.

We're out some key players, and we still had a chance to beat them. They eeked out a 4-point win on us. New England is not unstoppable. There are in our class, the NFL's True Elite.

With that said, this game was the only game I could see New England* losing. I expect 16-0 or 15-1 at worst. But as a Colts fan I know it is just almost damn near impossible to go 16-0, so realistically I see them going 15-1.

As for us, 15-1, or 14-2 at worst. I am ready for next week, but I am looking forward to a matchup in January, I hope both teams advance far enough to play again, and I'd say they will.

The best game out of New England and Indy has yet to be played.

One more thing, I thought the celebrating like they won the Super Bowl was a little over the top, but I won't get too mad, they hadn't beat us in a while.

We'll see you in January.
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 11-05-2007 at 04:21 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

No, they have to beat the champs in the playoffs before they can make that claim. We're still the champs until someone else proves otherwise.
    It's all a matter of perception, really.

I think if you look at the state of every team in the NFL RIGHT NOW, with injuries and everything included, the Pats are the best team in football and proved it on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    It's all a matter of perception, really.

I think if you look at the state of every team in the NFL RIGHT NOW, with injuries and everything included, the Pats are the best team in football and proved it on Sunday.
    Any Given Sunday, my friend.

If we had beaten the Pats* yesterday, but lost to the Chargers next week, does that make San Diego the best team in football?

We're the champs until a new champ is crowned.

Is it shameful to say I broke my coffee table and sobbed myself to sleep last night?

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    Is it shameful to say I broke my coffee table and sobbed myself to sleep last night?
    No. It happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree. And based on the logic of the Patriot fans that I've had the pleasure to talk with, they would have to agree too. My point being, when we beat them in Foxboro the past 2 seasons, we weren't allowed to say we were the better team until we proved in January. That standard works both ways. Maybe New England is a better team, but they gotta prove it in January. I still love the Colts chances, Dome or Foxboro. We just *have* to have Marvin.

Marvin is important, and you guys keep saying that, but Tony Ugoh is just as important.

If anyone TIVO'd the game, go through with us on offense and see how many times Charlie (Olay!) Johnson just completely missed his man or got beat.

Blah, that's what made me sick.

-- Steve --

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Marvin is important, and you guys keep saying that, but Tony Ugoh is just as important.

If anyone TIVO'd the game, go through with us on offense and see how many times Charlie (Olay!) Johnson just completely missed his man or got beat.

Blah, that's what made me sick.

-- Steve --

Ugoh should be fine eventually though, right? I'm really starting to worry if Marvin will be back at all. It keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I have to agree that this was not a bad feeling loss as a fan. We hung with them without Marvin Harrison, Keahio and Gonzales for most of the game. If Marvin catches the couple of dropped passes by Moorehead it could have been a different outcome.

Having Marvin would not have only helped in regard to catching passes... he demands double coverage from the other team.. Marvin could not have caught a ball all day but his presence would have opened things up for Dallas Clark and Reggie. I honestly think we could have easily won this game with a large lead with Marvin and Ugoh in there.

Hell, even just having Ugoh might have been the difference, peyton was sacked like three times and pressured a lot more than he should have been.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

On another note... I really like The Steelers chances of taking out New England and preventing their perfect season. Especially after watching them the other night. Colts and Pats may be in a league of their own... but Pittsburgh isn't too terribly far behind.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

I really like our chances in NE.

If you look at the ebb and flow of the game it was the Colts who had the better, more physical run game and aggressive defense. The NE offense has become the finesse offense. I never thought I would see the reversal of identities but we have become the team that is built for the playoffs and the Patriots have become the regular season offensive juggernaut that is bound to fizzle out in the playoffs. Write that down.

Now if we could just get healthy...

Well, while I, too, think we have a good shot vs. NE in a rematch played anywhere, we need to be careful to take care of all that business that's required to arrive at the point of said rematch.

I don't anticipate otherwise, but it's gotta always be one game at a time no matter what. I think SD out there has the earmarks of a tough test. And who knows what's going on with the injury front. I'd agree I'm getting a little nervous about Marvin and some of the recent mysterious reports in the press.

And what about Gonzalez? No Marvin makes him really important. Hell, I think I'd rather try Craphonso Thorpe at WR than Moorehead. As usual (IMO), the Pats got too much heat on Payton. Noticeably all in the 2nd half. We need Ugoh, but I also wonder if they made halftime adjustment that we didn't coutner.

So let's just concentrate on getting back on the winning track next week and worry about NE if and when we face them again.

I also found it funny how NE* celebrated like they had actually won the Super Bowl or something.
    I have no idea what you were watching. Maybe you need to get over the fact that winning a game against the Colts is, for the Patriots, a single game on a sixteen game schedule, with no more extra value besides possible playoff tiebreakers. They understand that. The Colts fans and perhaps the players made this Super Bowl 41 1/2. The Pats never bought into that, as far as I could ever tell.

There were a few high fives and the typical Brady head-butts that always follow a close win that is finally locked up, but there was absolutely no over-the-top celebration at all. You won't see anything more or anything less if they pull out a close one the next game against Buffalo.

Afterwards you heard from the players and coaches... "It was just one game. 9-0 doesn't mean anything. We need to get a lot better. We are thinking about Buffalo"

Did you ever stop to think that maybe they MEAN IT?