Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game 03 Pacers at Grizzlies Post Game Thread

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Game 03 Pacers at Grizzlies Post Game Thread

Anyone want to jump on my butt for being excited so early in the season.

We're 3-0.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Game 03 Pacers at Grizzlies Post Game Thread

w00t!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

I love this game.

Dream Big

Pacers can actually finish games now, I stand by my 50+ win prediction.

Oui Marcel, The Paceurs, they have won zee ballgame!

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

we are tied with Spurs for the best record in the NBA

Kareem Rush!
    The eyes of the Granger are upon you.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

so far our opponents have a combined record of 0-7....

Clips game will be interesting to see how we do against a team that has won a game this year...

This team does not have any fear at this point. They seem too busy running their offense and firing away to be concerned about making mistakes. It's like the whole team has been freed from RC's prison. Just kidding.

I think JOb is instilling a sense of assassin into all the players. Just keep moving the ball, shooting and play the right way. Maybe this exaggerates, but whether they miss shots or screw something up has far less importance than whether they try to play the right way. This breeds a team that just plays loose and has more confidence IMO.

sweabs

The solid thing is we came out with the W. That's particularly impressive when you take into consideration that this was the second game of a back-to-back, on the road.

The defense became pretty bad throughout a lot of the 3rd, but the foul trouble had a lot to do with that. We had to go small for a lot of the second half and it resulted in a lot of ticky-tack fouls. However, the refs were calling it that way the entire game for both sides, so it should not have come as a surprise.

David is really starting to bother me. I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen him just walk away without (a) staring down the ref; (b) *****ing to the refs; (c) giving a sarcastic smile and shaking his head to nobody in particular. The man just needs to face the fact that he got a foul, and move on.

Did anyone else notice that once he got fouled out, Jim O'Brien came over and said something to him which David didn't seem to respond well to?

I really like the versatility out on the wings right now. That's only going to get better once Shawne comes back as well.

Kyle Lowry killed us all night long. It seemed like him and Tinsley were having a little 1-on-1 thing going on at times. I was thankful that Iavoroni didn't play him in the second half until the very end of the 3rd quarter. Those real fast types of point guards (Lowry, Harris, Parker, etc.) are going to give us trouble.

3-0 baby! I love this team...these are some real exciting games.

3-0....Feels pretty damn good to!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The solid thing is we came out with the W. That's particularly impressive when you take into consideration that this was the second game of a back-to-back, on the road.

The defense became pretty bad throughout a lot of the 3rd, but the foul trouble had a lot to do with that. We had to go small for a lot of the second half and it resulted in a lot of ticky-tack fouls. However, the refs were calling it that way the entire game for both sides, so it should not have come as a surprise.

David is really starting to bother me. I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen him just walk away without (a) staring down the ref; (b) *****ing to the refs; (c) giving a sarcastic smile and shaking his head to nobody in particular. The man just needs to face the fact that he got a foul, and move on.

Did anyone else notice that once he got fouled out, Jim O'Brien came over and said something to him which David didn't seem to respond well to?

I really like the versatility out on the wings right now. That's only going to get better once Shawne comes back as well.

Kyle Lowry killed us all night long. It seemed like him and Tinsley were having a little 1-on-1 thing going on at times. I was thankful that Iavoroni didn't play him in the second half until the very end of the 3rd quarter. Those real fast types of point guards (Lowry, Harris, Parker, etc.) are going to give us trouble.

3-0 baby! I love this team...these are some real exciting games.
    Yes and Like i was saying, Harrison was absent from the bench at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post

Clips game will be interesting to see how we do against a team that has won a game this year...
    I'm fine with keeping wins in perspective and this is a good stat to bring up.

But sometimes I just want to be cheerie, like a nubile young girl in springtime.

Yes, Harrison may find the pine a lot more...or may now be on the ship-out-of-town list. I do think the Pacers probably need to cut bait on him as soon as possible. All they need to do is find another big body that is simply a decent backup.

It's really a shame because I thought he was starting to turn the corner.

Edit: It should be clear to everyone right now that Harrison's ceiling is career backup. That is, we don't need him.

like what Ive seen from Dunny and Granger so far... both look to have the touch in the early outings.
    Like the fact that Oneal is looking to be a part and not the whole too..
    Ill be happy when they play a team thats won a game though.
    so far the combined record of the three teams theyve played is 0-7..
    Harrison is a jerk....he'll cost them a game with his antics down the road.
    Ike is a load....Rush is instant scoring..
    Last edited by Claptonrocks; 11-03-2007 at 10:06 PM.

...except for the refs...

Yep, it seemed he said What the F and gave a who do think you are look to Obie, I could be wrong, but pretty disappointing.

I mean he played really good the first two games and it was somewhat under control first part of this game, but then back to the old jackhole. Ya he got a couple of bad calls, but dude its gonna happen. It was pretty poorly officiated both ways, imho.

Anyway, I found that little deal very selfish and disrespectful when his team is rolling. I hope he at least realizes it and apologizes. I think we'll know the answer to that if he plays Wednesday.

I'm a little surprised how players are still allowed to gripe at the refs so much, its hard to pick on stuff when they are winning, but the JO tech on the bench was unacceptable to me. JOs been working on getting a T for the last two games imo.

Anyway, they are playing pretty fearless right now, that is a good observation that someone has already pointed out. There's lots of things that concern me still, but I'll wait to post on them and just ride the wave for now.

Otherwise, Dunleavy is really playing out of his mind, he had such a quiet 27 tonight, nice.

They fouled him out in just under 8 minutes. He wrestled with Shaq for 21 minutes last night and didn't foul out. I can see how it would be frustrating.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    Anyone want to jump on my butt
    Not with all the Gay jokes going around.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Here's one thing about Harrison. we didn't see this coming from him in the first two games. But then this game happens and the refs are going a little nutty.

But who lost his temper first? Our leader, Jermaine O'Neal. That little loss of control is just the help Harrison may have needed to be a big douchebag.

While Harrison's attitude on the court is a big achilles heel, and the refs shot the arrow, JO's role as leader was in on it too.

Dun, Tinsley and Granger are really thriving. I think this style exposes who truly has the natural talent.

I reluctantly have to admit that Tinsley has been impressive. He and Dunleavy are two very, very talented basketball players.

It will be interesting to see what Murphy and Williams adds...

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post

True. However it's also nice to see the Pacers beating the teams they are supposed to beat. That hasn't always went well in the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    They fouled him out in just under 8 minutes. He wrestled with Shaq for 21 minutes last night and didn't foul out. I can see how it would be frustrating.....
    Pau is totally different from Shaq... Shaq just kept trying to bang, which David handled well. Pau used ze quickness, which is where David gets in trouble.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Harrison needs to realize that the refs know he's a problem and he'll never get any calls right now.. he needs to chill.. Jermaine should be helping him mature but he's baiting the refs with his mouth as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    Yes and Like i was saying, Harrison was absent from the bench at the end of the game.

REeeeeaaaally, I had not noticed that, he was all the way on the end next to Sims for awhile, did he leave early or get asked to leave, I wonder. Do you know if Bird was there? Either way, I wouldn't mind Harrison getting a game suspension for this, especially if he left before the games was over. What a tool, you're team is winning and you're crying about a bad call.