Thread: G.S.W. forums crying over trade now

Default G.S.W. forums crying over trade now

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Not all of them, but fun to read.

Dun 22.3pts, 9rb, 3.7a, +24.33
    Ike 13.7pts, 4.3rb, 1a, +14

Through 3 games, believe me they are watching and they know. Gotta love that plus/minus
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Banned

Default Re: G.S.W. forums crying over trade now

It's just 3 games, but it's nice after the way we collapsed last year while the Warriors upset Dallas.

Al had 38 pts last night in another losing effort, so at least they can hang their hat on that.

Lol ace signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al had 38 pts last night in another losing effort, so at least they can hang their hat on that.
    Al is an extreme case. He's really the opposite of Dunleavy. He has these great 1 on 1 offensive skills and he can put up points, but he is a black hole that sucks the wind out of everyone else on the floor....While Dunleavy simply makes the best basketball decision....whether it's to shoot or pass to a team mate.

The fact Al is a ball hog and a tweener and cannot rebound the ball are some of the reasons he struggles to be a starter in the NBA. It's certainly not a lack of ability to put the ball in the hole. The problem is, the game of basketball is a team sport and no one has ever told him.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Al is an extreme case. He's really the opposite of Dunleavy. He has these great 1 on 1 offensive skills and he can put up points, but he is a black hole that sucks the wind out of everyone else on the floor....While Dunleavy simply makes the best basketball decision....whether it's to shoot or pass to a team mate.

The fact Al is a ball hog and a tweener and cannot rebound the ball are some of the reasons he struggles to be a starter in the NBA. It's certainly not a lack of ability to put the ball in the hole. The problem is, the game of basketball is a team sport and no one has ever told him.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo

To be fair....one of the several knocks Warriors fans have about Dunleavy is that he is wildly inconsistent. Although all of us is convinced that the system should greatly enhance his game....nothing will convince them that Dunleavy was nothing more then a mistake until he puts up solid and consistent #s for an entire season ( if not his entire career ).

The best way for him to prove his doubters ( or the entire Warriors fanbase ) that he is a better player cuz he was misused in whatever offensive system that the Warriors used is to show up on January 13th in Oakland and do what he has been doing as of late....score and play decent team defense.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I wanted to troll for a little. Just praisin my boys in Pacer land. I won't say anything negative about GS, how can I they knocked out Dallas last year. Not having Jackson is really hurting them right now. Theres a thread there "we might start 0-8".

I wasn't going to sign up, but there was a "Mike Dun" thread and they were dissin him a little. Can't let them get away with that, now can we.....
    Last edited by aceace; 11-04-2007 at 11:41 AM.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    To be fair....one of the several knocks Warriors fans have about Dunleavy is that he is wildly inconsistent. Although all of us is convinced that the system should greatly enhance his game....nothing will convince them that Dunleavy was nothing more then a mistake until he puts up solid and consistent #s for an entire season ( if not his entire career ).

The best way for him to prove his doubters ( or the entire Warriors fanbase ) that he is a better player cuz he was misused in whatever offensive system that the Warriors used is to show up on January 13th in Oakland and do what he has been doing as of late....score and play decent team defense.
    No doubt about that.

We have played three games. And while it seems Dunleavy is on the right path lets wait at least a month or two to get to excited about him, Ike, or anyone on the team for that matter.

Things have been positive for this team but it's a long season. April is a long ways away and there is a lot of basketball to be played yet.

LOL

They're saying in 2 weeks he will be avg 15 and 6, in 4 weeks 12 and 4. Would love to see Dun get an all-star reserve spot , that place would go ballistic. I hope Mike can keep a 20-10 going... might have to keep that thread near the top. Its our turn to have fun with the trade!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    They're saying in 2 weeks he will be avg 15 and 6, in 4 weeks 12 and 4. Would love to see Dun get an all-star reserve spot , that place would go ballistic. I hope Mike can keep a 20-10 going... might have to keep that thread near the top. Its our turn to have fun with the trade!
    Remember these numbers and be sure to keep bumping this thread if Dun can maintain his numbers.

I have always been a Dun basher, and so far, I'm actually happy to say that I stand corrected!

Last year Duns shots were missing left and right which is indicative of not being a very good shooter. I don't see that this year, obviously whatever problem he had was corrected in the off season. He had a great pre-season also in which his shot looked really good. I hope Ike can keep playing like he has. He looks better this year than last. Winning makes everyone better.

This is me at the warriors forum! Enjoy.
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/902522...sses_with_dog/
    Last edited by aceace; 11-04-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

The biggest problem for Dunleavy with the Warriors was that for all the bball IQ, playing the right way and fundamentals, he just wasn't very effective or impactful on the game. And 90% had to do with his inability to consistently put the ball in the basket.

I said over and over again that if Dunleavy can simply start consistently putting the ball in the basket and make the opponent respect him as an offensive threat, everything will fall together for him. It's that simple.

As far as the Warrior fan complaining about the trade, those are your definition of fickle fans.

The Warriors (people forget this) were really a rebuilding team last year. They were dumping a highly paid core (Fisher, Murphy, Dunleavy and then eventually JRich/Foyle this summer) that wasn't winning. When you tear apart a core like that in such a short time, you're rebuilding.

Said rebuilding team just happened to get hot last year and pull one of the biggest upsets in playoff history. They're still very much in a transition phase today. The lost a pretty damn good player in JRich as a move for the future. The bottom of the western conference, however, isn't as strong as it used to be so that can still allow them to compete for a lower playoff spot.

Their early schedule is pretty brutal as well, if the Warriors can be even around 4 games under .500 around January, they have a good chance.
    Last edited by d_c; 11-04-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post

That is an excellent post. I don't have much to add. I mean if I wanted a player to win a one-on-one contest, I would choose Al over Mike without question. If I want to choose the better physical athlete - obviously Al would be the choice. But Mike is a guy who never takes anything away from his teammates - he complements his teammates perfectly.

I'm not so sure Dunleavy isn't our best player right now...

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I'm not so sure Dunleavy isn't our best player right now...
    I think he is. And I base that on this, whenever he goes out of the game - the Pacers really suffer - more so than when JO goes out, more so than when Granger goes out, and more so than when Tinsley goes out. Why do the pacers suffer the most when Dunleavy goes out - I don't know the complete answer for that, but that is what I see.

It also seems the Pacers current offensive and defensive systems are perfect for Dunleavy - and this coaching staff really appreciates what they have in a player like Dunleavy

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I think he is. And I base that on this, whenever he goes out of the game - the Pacers really suffer - more so than when JO goes out, more so than when Granger goes out, and more so than when Tinsley goes out. Why do the pacers suffer the most when Dunleavy goes out - I don't know the complete answer for that, but that is what I see.

It also seems the Pacers current offensive and defensive systems are perfect for Dunleavy - and this coaching staff really appreciates what they have in a player like Dunleavy
    I disagree with the team suffering more when Dun goes out over JO. Our defense is noticeably worse without JO as is our entire defensive attitude. He is clearly the anchor on that end of the court and when he is out there teams give him respect and steer clear of the paint quite a bit.
    No doubt that the offense bogs down a bit more when Dun is on the bench, but seeing as defense has been more of a concern JO to me has the bigger impact. The Memphis game is a perfect example, though I do believe our offensive and defensive struggles in the second half were largely related to tired legs.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

no doubt the offense really slows down when DUN DUN is out!

but if daniels and rush plays big down the stretch this season, then we will have one heck of a team

if Mike continues to average atleast maybe, im hopin around 18.o ppg, thats good enough for him cuz he does a lot of intangibles
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]