Thread: heywoode's photos from Pacers-Heat 11/02/07

Default heywoode's photos from Pacers-Heat 11/02/07

I got tickets to this game on a whim...a friend and I hadn't hung out in a while and we were trying to decide what to do and when to do it...he had the brilliant idea to do what we did...This was Thursday when we started discussing, and the plan evolved until we had a great time planned out. That is exactly what it turned out to be!

We were going to leave work an hour early (330p) and head down so we could get there shortly after the doors opened like we normally do. We decided to find somewhere to eat first and go ahead and leave work earlier....We ended up leaving Huntington around 1pm and trekking down to Avon to eat at the Pizza King. For those who don't know, Pizza King is my personal favorite and I'm always looking to try different locations to see how they compare to each other. For those interested, the Avon Pizza King is a "Pizza King Station" variety, which means it is train themed and a model train delivers your drinks to your booth...It was pretty cool, but the pizza wasn't as good as some of the local PK's around my home, and not as good as Briggsy's was...

Also, I will post a few other photo threads. I will have a Pacemates photo thread with a few shots of Helio Castroneves and Julianne Hough (Dancing With The Stars partners; Julianne is fire-hot) in the Shout Box (standard procedure from now on, btw) and a photo thread in the Colts forum with some shots of Lucas Oil Stadium under construction that I got while we passed south of downtown on 70 on our way from the NE side of Indy to Avon...

The exciting game aside, the only other thing I can say is that we bought Row 1 tix in Section 226, but could only take the annoying (and space hogging) people around us until halftime. We had scouted some seats in the lower bowl across from the Pacers bench in Row 14. At halftime, we went down and squatted there. It was awesome to get to watch the 4th quarter drama from so close. Also, I noticed that we sat a few seats away from Kimmie the former Pacemate. She was looking good and having fun.

On to the photos....

=========

I liked the huge banner hanging in the main lobby...I thought this portion of it was a nice wallpaper material shot.

The complete banner:

The choir sang a nice National Anthem, and it was cool to see them involved in the player intros...

I thought this photo looked like JT was asking Shaq to the Prom or something....

"O'Neal powers-ACTIVATE!"

I know you all were waiting for this shot...

Mikey was aggressive from the get-go...

I love that he had the "you gotta dunk that she-it" mentality...

But.......OUCH!

The 2nd half view was much better for us...

I loved to see Shaq-Fu showing the "touch"...

I've heard that it has happened before, but I now offer you PROOF...Foster actually CAN dunk!

Foster showing Shaq some love in the paint...

I don't remember if he actually made this or not...

Foster always makes him work for it...

This shot reminded me of the Marsh poster shot of Reggie daggering the Knicks without the drama of that moment...I REALLY love how the 4 spoiled-a$$ kids in Row 1 between the Heat bench and the scorer's table weren't even friggin' watching the game. That is some horsesheit right there...

I use Jergen's Moisturizing Cream; that's how they stay so smooth....I gotta get me some of that...

Harrison making him work too...I get the feeling that David likes going up against Shaq...

I don't know why Harrison got a defensive three second call....Oh wait, it was because Shaq had him glued to the floor....

Marquis' quick hands led to a Pacer fast break...

Danny didn't like that call....

It has sure been nice to see good picks being set again...

Get that weak a$$ sheit outta here, MEAT!

This was a foul on Jermaine....seriously....

Ike getting manhandled...not a foul on Shaq or anything though....

Jermaine finally had enough of Shaq and took it right at him. Shaq was in the half circle, so he got his 6th foul and got the "Happy Trails" sendoff...

Shaq couldn't believe that he actually got called for a foul....

Can't you just HEAR the Happy Trails song being played??!!

Yet again, JT was money late in the game...I'll say it here: Tinsley is now my favorite Pacer and I've officially buried my past dislike of him in favor of giving him the chance to flourish in the new situation. I'm behind you 100%, Jamaal!

JT handled the changed-call-that-could-have-been-pivotal-but-eventually-wasn't situation very well....JO was running around freaking out that he got called for a blocking foul after they had originally called the foul on Miami...I saw it, JO was below the contact half-circle. It sucked, but it was the correct call....

I really like Ike's touch in the paint...I wish he was a bit taller, but I can't fault his heart or his skills...

Great game, and I will definitely be going to as many as possible this season!!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Default Re: heywoode's photos from Pacers-Heat 11/02/07

Those were great heywoode!!! Thanks for the captions..
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

Reppin the 317

Nice pics man.

Notice how there are more people wearing Colts jerseys, shirts, etc than Pacers gear. Sad, isnt it?

Great pictures.

I love the jerseys. Might have to get a #33, doesn't look like he's going anywhere soon.

Row 1 tix in Section 226, but could only take the annoying (and space hogging) people around us until halftime.
    Gee, people by our old seats being ********. Wow, never would have imagined that.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

we bought Row 1 tix in Section 226, but could only take the annoying (and space hogging) people around us until halftime.
    Gee, we put up with it for a whole season. How stupid were we.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DisapointedPacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice pics man.

Notice how there are more people wearing Colts jerseys, shirts, etc than Pacers gear. Sad, isnt it?
    True that. Forgive me for being snitchy, but if you're at a Pacers game, wear friggin Pacers gear instead of Colts and support the team. Hey, Reggie Wayne did it!

And I am terribly bothered by those fake looking, heinous Wal-Mart Peyton Manning jerseys, you know, the ones with the horseshoes on the sleves and up by the collar. Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    True that. Forgive me for being snitchy, but if you're at a Pacers game, wear friggin Pacers gear instead of Colts and support the team. Hey, Reggie Wayne did it!
    I guess I'm not a true Pacers fan.....whoops......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Real fans are 7'6" ladies.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    I guess I'm not a true Pacers fan.....whoops......
    I'm just saying that it would be nice to see more Pacers and less Colts stuff at PACERS games. I never said that you're not a true PAcers fan if you wear Colts stuff to the game however, I don't have any authority in that. If you have a problem with that and like making yourself seem like a victim for wearing Colts stuff at a Pacers game, be my guest.
    Last edited by idioteque; 11-04-2007 at 12:28 PM.

sweabs

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME pics heywoode. I can't get over the quality of them. Especially with you being so close...it's like I'm watching the game all over again. Much appreciated - thanks for taking the time to post them.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post

And I am terribly bothered by those fake looking, heinous Wal-Mart Peyton Manning jerseys, you know, the ones with the horseshoes on the sleves and up by the collar. Yikes
    I can't speak for the masses, but lets say someone got really disgusted with the Pacers and got rid of all their Pacers stuff sometime in the last year or two. Let's say said person (or persons) decided to give the team another chance and went to the Pacers game. Do you really want naked people at the game or people who are showing support for the city?

Thanks heywoode. These threads are great for us out of state fans who don't get to see any Pacers games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I can't speak for the masses, but lets say someone got really disgusted with the Pacers and got rid of all their Pacers stuff sometime in the last year or two. Let's say said person (or persons) decided to give the team another chance and went to the Pacers game. Do you really want naked people at the game or people who are showing support for the city?
    I bet attendance would pick up if there were more naked people at the game....Unless of course I came naked, that'd scare a lot of people off.....

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I've heard that it has happened before, but I now offer you PROOF...Foster actually CAN dunk!
    He's the best dunker on the team, in terms of getting it up quick and in traffic, not in terms of flash.

Tip-ins and layups...not so much.

Colts gear at Pacers - I do both, I figure I'm AT the game so I'm supporting that team and by gearing up for the other one I've got dual support going.

I wore my Xmas Pacers hat to the Colts-Chargers game a couple of years ago. At one point a guy heckled me as we were leaving till his buddy said "hey dummy, that's a Pacers hat from the game yesterday".

But we've known for years that MR isn't a real Pacers fan. He doesn't even bother to try and sit close enough to see the game, what's that tell you about that. Probably has the IPod going all game with some Bruce too.

Those 4 kids...yeah, huge peeve of mine. Having sucked it up and paid big to be down there I've never failed to be ticked off by the "7 minutes into the quarter, I guess I should take my drink and wander back into the game now" crowd, or the people acting like it's a social mixer during the game (ie, not paying attention, just chatting biz or whatever). I mean can't you do that in the cheap seats or the bar across the street for a lot less money? I know, I know, you just MUST be seen.

All you can do is cross your fingers and pray that an angry player flings a basketball at them and sends them out on an unnecessary, embarrassing stretcher ride like a dorky wimp.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 11-05-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Those pictures are awesome. Thanks a bunch

excellent pics! cheers man thx.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Great thread