Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miami Post Game Thread

Default Miami Post Game Thread

So what happened in the 3rd quarter? I could not listen then.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Default Re: Miami Post Game Thread

Nothing. A lot of pounding, a lot of Daequan, a lot of, well, no calls actually.

What a DAMN good game. Whoever was there live for it is lucky.

Harrison's played 52 minutes in 2 games
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

sweabs

I have not had this much fun as a Pacers fan in a long time. I love the way these guys play. Very, very, very entertaining.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Too bad UB has lost interest in defense. The old Uncle Buck would have LOVED the last 3 minutes of the game. But I'm sure he got just as big of a kick out of Rush's three's.

I loved the bench reaction during the last couple of minutes...Fantastic to see them involved in the game and actually enjoying it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harrison's played 52 minutes in 2 games

I think David may be the biggest beneficiary of the newly swallowed referee whistles in the league. He gets to stay on the court!!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

streets ahead

i vote the stat of the night belongs to jermaine: 7 ast
    This is the darkest timeline.

What is going on with daniels? He played so well in the preseason and the last 2 games haven't been up to his standard. 0-7 shooting tonight? I thought even a blind squirrel found nuts every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    I have not had this much fun as a Pacers fan in a long time. I love the way these guys play. Very, very, very entertaining.
    I said the same thing after Wednesday nights game which I attended.
    They can apply defense and hit big threes. Plus they do not quit.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I can't wait til JO actually is 100% and gets more comfortable out there. It looks like we've got two fairly reliable number two guys now in Danny and Mike. *knock on wood*

Anyone notice that Danny had no assist?

I'm one of those "I told you so guys". DunDun just needed some adjustment time. he's a great team player.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    Indeed, they are very fun to watch. The crowd was really into it in the end there too. If the Pacers can keep this up, I can easily see attendance going back up.

The Pacers played like crap most of the game, but still managed the win. A win's a win, but hopefully they'll play better tomorrow.

That's another thing about Obie's system; not only is it fun to watch, it's allowing the Pacers to stay in games. Last year, the Pacers would've lost this game, IMO. Throughout this game, despite the fact that the Pacers played like crap and were trailing during some stretches, I never really lost confidence in their ability to win the game. Bring on Memphis!
    Last edited by Aw Heck; 11-02-2007 at 08:43 PM.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

2 playoffs team down. 5 more to go

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is a game last years Pacers not only would have lost, but lost badly. They had a lot of guys step up and play well, and Jermaine did not do much scoring tonight. In the past that would have been a recipe for disaster for this team. But we battled as hard as we could and hit some clutch shots. Kareem has ice water in his veins, and I like the fact that OB had him out there late. I had no doubt that the second 3 he hit was going in. That's just the type of shooter he is.

Great game by Danny, he hit shots when our offense was struggling to get going and played well defensively. He has now made both Caron Butler and Ricky Davis look bad. I was not expecting a hot start out of him after his lackluster pre-season, but he has been the most impressive Pacer so far. What's scary is I don't think he's anywhere near where he can be.

I'm beginning to see exactly how this team is going to win games. Different guys are going to step up at different times. Ike will carry the team at times, Danny will at times, Dunleavy will at times. We don't have a guy that can go out and dominate offensively all game, but as a unit, they are tough to defend. I think we'll just get better and more efficient offensively as the season goes on, and the sloppy stretches will get shorter and shorter.

The refs were honestly terrible tonight. I'm not even talking about the last charge on Jermaine, because he was inside the restricted area. They were bad all night, and it seemed to help the Heat more then the Pacers. We kept our cool through everything though, and got the W. A team with poise we are indeed.

On another referee note, what is with them all of a sudden calling so many lane violations? They've been letting that go for years now, and all of a sudden they are whistling it, but only sometimes! Either call it or don't.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I said the same thing after Wednesday nights game which I attended.
    They can apply defense and hit big threes. Plus they do not quit.

[Water on Fire] Can they keep this pace up for an entire season or be so worn down that the Baxter Y 40 and over Men's league could run em off the court??[/Water on Fire]

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    I'm one of those "I told you so guys". DunDun just needed some adjustment time. he's a great team player.
    I said the other night I'd been quiet all summer just waiting to watch the Murphleavy jokesters eat their words.

Mood

I thin their conditioning will be the key to this season, If they can keep it up all season long then they will wear alot of teams down in the 4th quarter.

Its awesome to see this much energy and their NEW never give up attitude.

If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    @thatguyjoe84

Ähm, stupid question i guess, but can someone tell me what the "BA" in the Nba.com statistic means?

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    Anyone notice that Danny had no assist?

One step at a time for Danger, but he is averaging 22.5 pts, 11 rebs, .5 assists.

JO is all of sudden freaking a really good passing big man, wow.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Reading the game thread, I read a whole bunch of "terrible game" comments.

This is what we're going to be facing when we play some of the more bruising teams. Lower percentages, seemingly sloppier play. Sometimes games will look ugly, especially against teams that want to control tempo and beat you up.

Even if it doesn't LOOK pretty, it can still be good play. In the end, you can still have a good game compared to how other teams match up with them.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    I said the other night I'd been quiet all summer just waiting to watch the Murphleavy jokesters eat their words.
    I will go on record saying that if Murphy proves me wrong with his play, I will write a formal apology to the man to be published on this website as well as sent to the man himself.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    What is going on with daniels? He played so well in the preseason and the last 2 games haven't been up to his standard. 0-7 shooting tonight? I thought even a blind squirrel found nuts every now and then
    I too was surprised that he wasn't in to close out the game. In fact....I was surprised....but glad...that Rush was on the floor.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I thin their conditioning will be the key to this season, If they can keep it up all season long then they will wear alot of teams down in the 4th quarter.

Its awesome to see this much energy and their NEW never give up attitude.
    That is my main concern. I think that we can keep this pace up until the ASB...but it will be difficult to keep it up without wearing down. But as long as we have a huge rotation where players like Ike, Rush, Harrison, Shawne and Deiner get alot of burn on the floor....I think that we will be okay.

EDIT - I forgot that Murphy is out as well. I really hope that we spread the minutes out more to the entire 10-man rotation.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.