Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

  1. #1
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    I'll try to post a synopsis for those who aren't subscribers.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  2. #2
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Right now......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  3. #3
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Terrible interview. The show really needs Ian/Kenny there every day.

  4. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,773

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    I've never heard the show who are some of the hosts??

  5. #5
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never heard the show who are some of the hosts??
    In past years it has been Ian Eagle hosting with Kenny the Jet. This year, however, it doesn't look like Kenny is with the show anymore.

    Ian can't always make it, so they're constantly switching it up.

    Today we have Noah Kozlov hosting with Rick Mahorn. A lot of times they will bring Mitch Lawrence to fill in. Mike Yam (fantasy guy) will often sub in as well. I don't mind Mike Yam or Mitch Lawrence...but the combo. of Ian Eagle and Kenny was just amazing.

  6. #6
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Any doubt Gilbert's shot wasn't going in?
    Jamaal played great defense and he made a helluva shot. His reaction was "You guys think I was gonna miss it?"

    How fun is it playing against the top guys like Arenas, TMac, Kobe, etc.
    It's exciting. I grew up watching these guys and it's great to have the opportunity to play against them.

    What did you work on in the offseason?
    Conditioning level. Played a lot of minutes last year and wasn't ready. Conditioned to carry a heavier load?

    O'Brien vs. Carlisle?
    Rick called more plays, O'Brien lets us play. We run an offense with random movement and we get shots off of that. It's a lot funner to play that way.

    Trade last year? Can't expect to gel right away. Are you now a cohesive unit?
    We're a lot better than we were. We've been playing together all summer and we're all entering the system together so that's going to help us big time.

    Your front line could be formidable if everyone's healthy. When's everybody going to be back?
    Jermaine's going to play within the next two games. Troy Murphy doesn't have a serious injury. It's more precautionary. We should be healthy by the 4th or 5th game of the season.

    With Reggie doing games now, how fun is it to see him and say, "Hey we need you to come back."
    It's always great to mess with Reggie. Every once in a while he'll pop up in the locker room out of nowhere. It'd be great to have him back, but he says I'm done with basketball.

    David Harrison 5 for 5 from the line?
    We was walking to the locker room and he said "I'm 5 for 5 from the line. I should shoot technicals now." We said, Whoa hold on. It was a great game for him and he really helped us down the stretch.

    Is this going to be the year for Dunleavy?
    He's been through a few systems that didn't match his style of play. With this system, we don't have a set offense, not too many called plays, I think he'll thrive.

    And that's a system you're comfortable in?
    Most definitely. We get up a lot of shots so you never have to worry about getting shots and if you're not getting enough shots, just play your game and let everything else happen.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  7. #7
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In past years it has been Ian Eagle hosting with Kenny the Jet. This year, however, it doesn't look like Kenny is with the show anymore.

    Ian can't always make it, so they're constantly switching it up.

    Today we have Noah Kozlov hosting with Rick Mahorn. A lot of times they will bring Mitch Lawrence to fill in. Mike Yam (fantasy guy) will often sub in as well. I don't mind Mike Yam or Mitch Lawrence...but the combo. of Ian Eagle and Kenny was just amazing.

    Ian Eagle is very good. Mahorn and Dee Brown are his regular co-hosts this year. I've heard Ian with both of them and it was good, but not as good as Ian and Kenny. (The first year of FCP was Kenny Smith and Jody McDonald, which was also pretty good).

    I'll give them some time to build up some team chemistry, but they have a ways to go to catch up with Ian and Kenny. A lot of times they would get off on tangents other than hoops that were hilarious.

    Ian and Mahorn were with the Nets at the same time, so they have a little history to work with. The other day they were going through some of the Nets that were there at the same time and were talking about Derrick Coleman. Ian had gone to Syracuse with Coleman and knew him there. He went up to talk to Coleman after he got the Nets announcing job and the only thing Coleman said to him was "Get your bag off my foot." A couple of months later it dawned on DC that Ian was that same little guy from Syracuse........
    Last edited by MagicRat; 11-01-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  8. #8
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,773

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    I've said this many times about Kenny. Some of his basketball analysis is a little wacky, but his personality more than makes up for it

  9. #9
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've said this many times about Kenny. Some of his basketball analysis is a little wacky, but his personality more than makes up for it
    Completely agree. The show was just more "fun" with him on.

    But as MR said, Ian Eagle is REALLY good. He's my favourite play-by-play guy out there. I love his sense of humour, and he actually knows his stuff extremely well. The duo of Ian & Kenny was hilarious though.

    Let's be honest though...I'm just waiting for Dylan to call in.

  10. #10
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Harrison 5 for 5 from the line?
    We was walking to the locker room and he said "I'm 5 for 5 from the line. I should shoot technicals now." We said, Whoa hold on. It was a great game for him and he really helped us down the stretch.
    Ok, that's great.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. #11
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    FYI, Rick Carlisle is going to be on sometime in the next hour.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  12. #12
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Any surprise teams, not on your radar?

    The one team nobody thought was going to be any good was Indiana.

    I felt that coming into this year, when they had a chance to have a training camp together and get healthy, that they had some real quality depth. They've got some young players that have had a chance to develop and coming into this year I picked them to be homecourt in the playoffs in the first round. They're 3-0 right now. I expect them to be the last team to be undefeated. I think they've got a favorable schedule. They're healthy. They're getting contributions from a wide range of guys.

    The one thing you notice about this league, if you have quality depth - strength in numbers - and you can shoot the basketball you're going to win some basketball games on those two things alone. The 3 point shot has become one of the most decisive weapons in this league. Indiana is shooting it a lot and shooting it well. They didn't have a lot of flexibility this summer, but what they did was, they brought in Travis Diener a terrific 3 point shooter, and Kareem Rush another terrific 3 point shooter. In their second game Rush hit two or 3 3's in the 4th quarter in a comeback win against Miami.

    They're getting Jermaine O'Neal back healthy. Tinsley's playing great. I like Indiana. I think they're for real.
    Last edited by MagicRat; 11-05-2007 at 06:02 PM.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  13. #13
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,773

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Rick once again shows his class. if he wasn;t such a classy person he could be a little bitter towards the pacers organization "and how it turned out here" and that very well could cloud his judgment on the current team.

  14. #14
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    I expect them to be the last team to be undefeated. I think they've got a favorable schedule.


    That would be pretty freaking favorable if you assume 8-0 or 9-0 to be the bar. Denver and Boston might have something to say about that.

    Funny that I defend Rick so much, but he's actually arguing against me this season, effectively saying "last year was on me." I don't know how else you could interpret his comments on the Pacers chances this year given the finish last year.

  15. #15
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Rick gave a really good interview, as he always does. Probably on for about 20 minutes.

    Touched on a wide variety of subjects, one of which was the Warriors and if they are a disappointment early. He called Stephen Jackson the heart and soul of the Warriors and their undisputed 2nd best player and best individual defender. Said you couldn't really judge the Warriors until he gets back and plays 7-8 games.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  16. #16
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Classy stuff from Rick. Lets hope his words prove to be prophetic.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. #17
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny that I defend Rick so much, but he's actually arguing against me this season, effectively saying "last year was on me." I don't know how else you could interpret his comments on the Pacers chances this year given the finish last year.
    -injuries to quis
    -injuries to JO
    -lack of 3pt shooting
    -lack of practice time as unit due to injuries

    those four come to mind.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  18. #18
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,098

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    You could throw in there a midseason trade, another off the court incident, and a blowup towards your staff by your #1 player just 8 games into the season.

  19. #19
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Maybe he needed to mention all those things to Larry and most of Pacers Digest before being shown the door.

  20. #20
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,773

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Rick knows the players stopped responding to himlast season. He's not dumb or unaware.

  21. #21
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,098

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    True but there's a big difference between him knowing last season was on him and knowing last season was going to be a bust because of the situation.

    If he wasn't here would all that stuff had happened? Probably not, but he in no way shape or form made the situation or was responsible for it.

    What happened last year was the result of the things that transpired 4yrs ago. The foundation was cracked long ago. One wall out of the 4 had been standing, but last year it finally fell.

    Rick wasn't right for this team, yes, but I just hate the notion that that's a knock on Rick. He made it longer, and got more production out of the Pacers than I ever imagined after looking back on everything that happened.

  22. #22
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one thing you notice about this league, if you have quality depth, strength in numbers, and you can shoot the basketball you're going to win some basketball games on those two things alone.
    When I got my first job out of college, as a technical writer and editor in the nuclear industry, I was given a page in the interview and asked to edit it. With two people watching.

    In the third paragraph, there was a sentence that I've never forgotten: "There are four types of rock: igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary." I missed it (actually I caught a couple spelling errors but missed the count). I got the job anyway, but since then I've always obsessed about number agreement.

    That's part of what created Graham, who'd never existed before then.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  23. #23
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I got my first job out of college, as a technical writer and editor in the nuclear industry, I was given a page in the interview and asked to edit it. With two people watching.

    In the third paragraph, there was a sentence that I've never forgotten: "There are four types of rock: igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary." I missed it (actually I caught a couple spelling errors but missed the count). I got the job anyway, but since then I've always obsessed about number agreement.

    That's part of what created Graham, who'd never existed before then.
    Quality depth is the same as strength in numbers. He was renaming his first item, not adding a second. This is the problem with transcribing the spoken word. The pauses are lost to the mechanism of the sentence.

    Boy, am I a dork.

    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  24. #24
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quality depth is the same as strength in numbers. He was renaming his first item, not adding a second.
    I know, and knew before I posted. But I re-read it 3 times to make sure. So I win the dork contest.

    Still don't like starting with "The one thing you notice" though, although I can argue that it's not incorrect.

    But if I ever wrote a sentence like that at my old job, I'd get put on HTML link-checking duty faster than you can say "high-level radioactive waste."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #25
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Danny Granger coming on Full Court Press (Sirius 127) shortly.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the problem with transcribing the spoken word. The pauses are lost to the mechanism of the sentence.

    Boy, am I a dork.

    I disagree . . . with the first. It has a lot to do with the . . . transcriber.

    (Giggle, giggle, snort)

Similar Threads

  1. Rick Carlisle on Full Court Press.......
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 09:57 PM
  2. DW on Full Court Press.....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 12:26 PM
  3. Mike Wells was on Full Court Press today....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 12:24 AM
  4. Rick Carlisle on Full Court Press
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 11:26 PM
  5. DW on Full Court Press.....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •