Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 07-08 Random NBA thoughts episode IV: A New Season

Banned

Default Re: 07-08 Random NBA thoughts episode IV: A New Season

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems to me, its gonna be the banned news network soon......
    Hey, BNN just calls it like they sees it, unlike those biased ******** at Rick Fox News.
    Last edited by BNN; 11-05-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atleast he's original.

Quote Originally Posted by BNN View Post
    Hey, BNN just calls it like they sees it, unlike those biased ******** at Rick Fox News.
    Could the BNN please do a piece on why Bynum can't seem to start over a guy by the name of Kwame Brown? I mean if Bynum is the next Kareem does that mean that Brown is the next Russell? The people need to know!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hear BNN is still behind the KBC (Kwame broadcasting company) in the ratings...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Could the BNN please do a piece on why Bynum can't seem to start over a guy by the name of Kwame Brown? I mean if Bynum is the next Kareem does that mean that Brown is the next Russell? The people need to know!
    [desperately grasping at straws]But....but...but....he doesn't start over Kwame!!111!!ELEVEN!!111ONE!!!EXCLAMATIONPOINT!!11! ![/desperately grasping at straws]

Bynum will be BETTER than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

And so it is written, and so it shall come to pass.
    Last edited by BNN; 11-05-2007 at 05:26 PM.

The BNN is such a liberal station. I mean they completely ignore the news reported on the JC Superstar network. Its a lot less biased.

[Desperately Grasping At Straws]But....but...but....he doesn't start over Kwame!!111!!ELEVEN!!111ONE!!!EXCLAMATIONPOINT!!11! ![Desperately Grasping At Straws]

Bynum will be BETTER than Kareem.

And so it is written, and so it shall come to pass.
    The man doesn't start over one of the biggest busts of all time. Thats all I need to know. Must have some sturdy straws where you come from.

That second sentence is probably the most ridiculous thing that has ever been written on this forum.

The BNN is such a liberal station. I mean they completely ignore the news reported on the JC Superstar network. Its a lot less biased.
    yeah but the JC superstar network has only been on the air for what...10 minutes?

What a terribly overrated station.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

This is so much fun waiting for the ban stick to come out.....

You gotta admit...That's funny.

This is so much fun waiting for the ban stick to come out.....
    Just got a a radio update...There will be a breaking news report forthcoming on WMAL any minute.

streets ahead

i think this is calling for MR to craft a Christiane Bynumpour
    This is the darkest timeline.

And just like that hes gone...Wonder what his next incarnation will be...He must be Hindu.

Shouldn't I be getting NBATV during the free preview.

if it was still free...yeah

After three phone calls to Comcast, someone finally told me I had to purchase the "sports package" in order to get NBATV. As it isn't part of the free preview. Seems strange to me, but I just went ahead and paid for the Sports package.

It is amazing how I got three completely different answers from 3 different people at Comcast. One was ready to send out a service man because she was sure my system was messed up. One lady didn't have a clue at all. Then the 3rd one maybe didn't know either, but at least I got NBATV for 4.99 per month

I was finally able to watch a Pacer's game tonight (the Grizz game). I liked what I saw but I'm still skeptical, the new-coach honeymoon period usually lasts a bit more than 3 games.

Anyway, one thing I really liked was the way we play the same style no matter if the starting lineups in or 5 bench guys are playing. It used to be that once the subs started coming in, the offense became completely focused on 1 player, usually Marquis. Now it seems like no matter what combination of bench and starting players we have in, the offense doesn't break down like it used to.

Another unbeaten falls. 7 remaining.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Yeah, pretty obvious why someone would rank the Pacers ahead of those loser Mavs.

BTW, how about the Raps showing that they are for real in their OT loss to Boston. They did lose and it was at home, but still. Clearly they don't appear to be a fluke.

Speaking of Boston, with Pierce and Ray Ray on the team, who'd have thunk they'd be doing it with defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Yeah, pretty obvious why someone would rank the Pacers ahead of those loser Mavs.

BTW, how about the Raps showing that they are for real in their OT loss to Boston. They did lose and it was at home, but still. Clearly they don't appear to be a fluke.

Speaking of Boston, with Pierce and Ray Ray on the team, who'd have thunk they'd be doing it with defense?
    They hired Jeff Van Gundy's defensive coach. Garnett is a great defender, Pierce can be a very good defender when motivated. So I'm not too surprised

Boston's big three are all playing over 41 minutes per game. They'll break down at that pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Boston's big three are all playing over 41 minutes per game. They'll break down at that pace.
    Really? While I'm sure they'll monitor their minutes and games, they aren't exactly old.

Garnett has never played less than 75 games (not counting the lockout season) and has a career average of 38mins/game including 39.4 minutes last year.

Except for last year when he missed quite a few games (though I feel like he would have played more games if they were contending), Pierce generally plays 75+ games as well. Also at about a 38mins/game clip.

Like Pierce, Ray Allen has only really had one off-year in missing games (last year) and he chugs along at about 38 mins/game.

My guess is that they'll round out at about 37-39mins/game. Each is easily capable of playing 75+ games. Also, it's not like these guys take a huge beating. Even the physical Garnett is fairly perimeter-oriented for a big guy.

Well, they did play an OT game already, which is gonna skew their MPG averages as all three (I'm assuming) played the full extra five minutes.

Also...Pierce and Allen will see a little more rest time once Tony Allen gets going. I haven't heard a boat load about how his recovery is going, but I imagine they're moving him along slowly (he's played 2 mins and 16 mins in their two games so far). He should be up around 20-25 mpg before Christmas I'd imagine.

And Posey missed the first game, also skewing the minutes.

Not that hard to foresee really.

KG, who was already one of the best defenders in the Association, is gonna be playing like an uncaged tiger through at least the All Star break. Rondo's best trait is his D. Perkins has always been pretty good -- at least as a help side block guy (has a career 2.7 blocks per 40 minutes). Perimeter D is really all Posey is good for anymore. Tony Allen is an above average one-on-one defender. Scot Pollard is servicable.

And like UB mentioned, Pierce is actually pretty good too. He's not gonna impress anyone with his lateral quickness, but he's a rather smart defender and seems to be around the ball a lot and get some deflections. I have to imagine his D has suffered a lot in recent years due to the ridiculous offensive burden he's carried since Toine left town, and I expect he'll be able to put a little more focus on it -- especially with KG in his ear all day.

Of course, Shuttlesworth isn't gonna lock anyone down, but him and Eddie House are really the only two guys in the rotation that could be considered liabilities at all.

I imagine they'll be pretty good defensively all year, and with that Big 3 on the offensive end, there's really no reason to push pace and let the other team get extra possessions. Just play good D, and get surgical in the half-court offense. I mean, with three proven scorers like that, I think they'd be pretty comfortable and confident if every single game came down to a tie-score with two minutes to play

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Not that hard to foresee really.

KG, who was already one of the best defenders in the Association, is gonna be playing like an uncaged tiger through at least the All Star break. Rondo's best trait is his D. Perkins has always been pretty good -- at least as a help side block guy (has a career 2.7 blocks per 40 minutes). Perimeter D is really all Posey is good for anymore. Tony Allen is an above average one-on-one defender. Scot Pollard is servicable.

And like UB mentioned, Pierce is actually pretty good too. He's not gonna impress anyone with his lateral quickness, but he's a rather smart defender and seems to be around the ball a lot and get some deflections. I have to imagine his D has suffered a lot in recent years due to the ridiculous offensive burden he's carried since Toine left town, and I expect he'll be able to put a little more focus on it -- especially with KG in his ear all day.

Of course, Shuttlesworth isn't gonna lock anyone down, but him and Eddie House are really the only two guys in the rotation that could be considered liabilities at all.

I imagine they'll be pretty good defensively all year, and with that Big 3 on the offensive end, there's really no reason to push pace and let the other team get extra possessions. Just play good D, and get surgical in the half-court offense. I mean, with three proven scorers like that, I think they'd be pretty comfortable and confident if every single game came down to a tie-score with two minutes to play
    Nods head silently in approval...