Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 07-08 Random NBA thoughts episode IV: A New Season

Default Re: 07-08 Random NBA thoughts episode IV: A New Season

I know Ron Artest is a lunatic, and I would never wants him near my team, but sometimes he still reminds you how he can still defend.

Last night he was pretty much matched up on Shawn Marion the entire game (I didn't see it, but that's what I read).

Marion played 39 minutes and was only able to ATTEMPT 5 shots, making only 1.

Ron also scored 33 himself. Holy matchup nightmare, batman.

If only The Pacers could have just put pycho meds in his gatorade without even asking him first a few years back...
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-21-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a few random thoughts from the wizards/blazers i went to see last night...
    • no hibatchi, still won by 20
    • whatever won brandon roy the ROTY last season, he didn't bring it to DC... he was underwhelming. so was LA.
    • the only dominant player for the blazers last night? jarrett jack. without question the offense ran much better with him on the floor compared to steve blake. outlaw had a solid first half but disappeared. i'll also go on record as saying they played better with przybilla in there
    • there was a raef sighting!!!
    • i think the reports of sergio being more favored by the blazers staff are false. nate actually played taurean green at the point before sergio got in there
    • i was right about nick young... he is definitely raw but he's got a sweet stroke. last night he fouled like david harrison but i think that is just the normal rookie adjustment to the speed of the game. i guess time will tell...
    • i haven't watched a lot of the blazers or the wizards for that matter this year, but either the blazers offense was really that bad or i actually watched a significantly improved wizards defense. they started pressing in the 3rd and forced portland into three straight turnovers before they got set into their halfcourt. the rest of the game was okay. andray blatche had a dominant defensive night. even jamison had a solid defensive game. there were certainly plenty of lapses but a suppose a team like this needs to baby-step its way into playing D.
    Gotta love winning without servin chips and dip. Steve Blake > Jarrett Jack to me. Taurean Green FTW. Our D causes alot of turnovers its just our on ball D sucks. Nick Young FTW.

That is all.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Lebron with another monster tripple double game.... 37 pts, 12 rebs, 12 assists and some game winning baskets and he does not get regular J.Kidd tripple doubles (10, 10, 10) or not even Magic tripple doubles (20, 10, 10) but freakin 30-50, 10, 10 ! Im sorry, but this is just ridicilous....
    Last edited by #31; 11-24-2007 at 04:37 PM.

sweabs

And the Knicks beat the Bulls. Seriously, how bad is Chicago right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    And the Knicks beat the Bulls. Seriously, how bad is Chicago right now.
    It seems they've tuned out Scott Skiles. Not surprising with how hard he rides them.

They need a coach who's still defensive minded and can orchestrate and reign in their anemic offense with some good sets, but is enough of a players coach to revitalize the team.

Rick Carslisle?

streets ahead

might as well be carlisle... he'll be one step closer to head coaching the entire central division.

chicago is an outside shooting team, mostly solid defense, no real inside game... strangely enough, don't they seem like an ideal place for a guy like o'brien?
    This is the darkest timeline.

woman without a team

I don't think the Bulls are tuning Skiles out. They're still pouting that they've been named in trade rumors and that they didn't get their contract extensions. Even Kendall Gill said they're mentally weak.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    I know Ron Artest is a lunatic, and I would never wants him near my team, but sometimes he still reminds you how he can still defend.

Last night he was pretty much matched up on Shawn Marion the entire game (I didn't see it, but that's what I read).

Marion played 39 minutes and was only able to ATTEMPT 5 shots, making only 1.

Ron also scored 33 himself. Holy matchup nightmare, batman.

If only The Pacers could have just put pycho meds in his gatorade without even asking him first a few years back...
    I don't think the question was ever if he was good. He is 2nd in most disappointing player to ever play here for me.

sweabs

Holy jesus - what a choke job by the Bobcats. That's a TOUGH loss right there.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    Holy jesus - what a choke job by the Bobcats. That's a TOUGH loss right there.
    Ha I was trying to follow the gamecast, how did they lose? Missed free throws? Looks like a Ray Allen 3?

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Ha I was trying to follow the gamecast, how did they lose? Missed free throws? Looks like a Ray Allen 3?
    Deflected inbound pass...to Pierce, to Allen for 3 as the buzzer was just thinking about sounding.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    Deflected inbound pass...to Pierce, to Allen for 3 as the buzzer was just thinking about sounding.
    Yeah i read the recap finally. Thought the Bobcats were in the penalty with 4.9 to go... guess I was wrong. Crushing loss for them. More luck of the irish for Boston

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I don't think the Bulls are tuning Skiles out. They're still pouting that they've been named in trade rumors and that they didn't get their contract extensions. Even Kendall Gill said they're mentally weak.
    I hear that the Bulls were trying to get Gasol again after the Kobe talks fell through. With the Bulls coming out to a slow start.....I wonder if they would consider paying slightly less for JONeal . Whatever trade package that they offer the Grizzlies, I would take for JONeal as long as Duhon and some PF ( Tyrus Thomas or Noah ) is involved.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I hear that the Bulls were trying to get Gasol again after the Kobe talks fell through. With the Bulls coming out to a slow start.....I wonder if they would consider paying slightly less for JONeal . Whatever trade package that they offer the Grizzlies, I would take for JONeal as long as Duhon and some PF ( Tyrus Thomas or Noah ) is involved.
    they'll want us to take ben wallace.

methinks it will take a third team to make a j.o. to chicago deal work.

woman without a team

With the Bulls coming out to a slow start.....I wonder if they would consider paying slightly less for JONeal . Whatever trade package that they offer the Grizzlies, I would take for JONeal as long as Duhon and some PF ( Tyrus Thomas or Noah ) is involved.
    I'll trade you Adrian Griffin and his bad back for JO and his bad knee. On second thought Adrian is the one person on the team that had enough Kahunas to call a players only meeting (not that it did any good).

As far as I'm concerned you can't have Noah. I still have faith he's going to get better. I don't necessarily want to trade Tyrus, but it would appear his effort is not well appreciated by Skiles. I'll warn you right now if you take Duhon he's likely to be the next player to get in trouble.

Sports Logo

As far as I'm concerned you can't have Noah. I still have faith he's going to get better. I don't necessarily want to trade Tyrus, but it would appear his effort is not well appreciated by Skiles. I'll warn you right now if you take Duhon he's likely to be the next player to get in trouble.
    I can dream and hope, can't I?

About Duhon....although I don't keep track of the Bulls as much as you do....I haven't heard that he had on/off the court issues.

Was he resigned?

If anything....I hope that if he is available as a FA next season...that we make some type of run for him. We could really use his defensive and floor-general skills to backup Tinsley.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-25-2007 at 01:27 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

streets ahead

I can dream and hope, can't I?

About Duhon....although I don't keep track of the Bulls as much as you do....I haven't heard that he had on/off the court issues.

Was he resigned?

If anything....I hope that if he is available as a FA next season...that we make some type of run for him. We could really use his defensive and floor-general skills to backup Tinsley.
    he's a hardcore partier from most reports and the bulls have never been overly thrilled with his lack of effort at times.

actually sometime this summer i think he was spotted at a a cubs game sitting next to foster, no?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll trade you Adrian Griffin and his bad back for JO and his bad knee. On second thought Adrian is the one person on the team that had enough Kahunas to call a players only meeting (not that it did any good).

Deal.

woman without a team

As far as I'm concerned you can't have Noah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Deal.
    Maybe I'll have to rethink my stance on this matter.

Ben Wallace is an albatross for the rest of his career, Duhon's a career backup, Adrian is a career poor-man's James Posey and Noah is a career clown.

Luol and Hinrich are really the only two dudes on the Bulls worth a damn, IMO. Gordon is profoundly overrated. Nocioni is pretty solid, but I can't stand watching him play. Tyrus is alright.

Boy...that "trade Chandler so we can sign Wallace" idea is looking historically bone-headed move right about now, isn't it?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Spurs big 3-(Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili) had 70 points combined tonight against the Sonics!
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Ben Wallace is an albatross for the rest of his career, Duhon's a career backup, Adrian is a career poor-man's James Poesy and Noah looked like a clown at the draft.

Luol and Gordon are really the only two dudes on the Bulls worth a damn, (although so far this season Joe Smith is better than Gordon). Hinrich is profoundly overrated. Nocioni is pretty solid, and is entertaining to watch. Tyrus is alright half the time and pretty darn good the other half (when he works at it).

Boy...that "trade Chandler so we can sign Wallace" idea is looking historically bone-headed move right about now, isn't it? But considering Chandler mentally couldn't tolerate Skiles style of coaching it was the best they could do at the time.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBear View Post
    Spurs big 3-(Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili) had 70 points combined tonight against the Sonics!
    Reggie Miller and Jalen Rose once combined for 80 points against the Sixers.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

guess who's leading the central division right now? not the pistons, not the lebron cavs, and definitely not the bulls. it's - er, the bucks.

milwaukee (7-4) and orlando (12-3) are the two teams that have had surprisingly strong starts imo. honestly i thought both teams would be below us in the standings. but like us, those two teams seem to have benefited from a coaching change.

it will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

How about Jazz continuing domination over Pistons? Granted they where without Wallace but still first loss at home this season...it is like 7-1 in last 8 head to head meetings...