Thread: Jermaine O'Neal's Toughness

Default Jermaine O'Neal's Toughness

There's not really a nice way to say it... when Jermaine came to the Pacers, he was a whiner. He whined about the calls, he whined when he stubbed his toe. Ultimate drama queen. I know a lot of us commented on it, with a few worried that he'd never get over it.

That Jermaine is long gone, my friends. After the intentional undercut by Big Ben, Jermaine came right back in. He's focused on this game, and he's playing through a lot of pain.

I am so proud to have Jermaine as a Pacer. I'm glad we have him locked up for 7 years. A max deal is a bargain.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's Toughness

He still does whine though.

I'm proud to have JO on our team.

He may get that look like he is about to burst out in tears sometimes to an official.

But he is tougher than I, or 95% of the rest of the league. Cause man, did you guys see ESPN show that knee buckle at halftime? That looked really ugly. I'm really nervous he isn't just forcing himself to play.

He still does whine though.

Not like he used to.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I was very impressed with JO toughing it out tonight.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

You guys are only two years late.

I always thought this series would show us what JO is made of. So far I like what I see.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm proud to have JO on our team.
    ME 2! Not only for gutting out a great game, but after the game JO was great in the NBA TV press conference. He is a classy guy, well spoken and always seems to speak very intelligently. We are lucky to have him. Here's a big hug for JO.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

LAPacer

JO's defense is underrated.

Great post, I was thinking of the same thing.

JO finally showed some dominance and maturity in a HUGE game. Before the cheap undercut, he was unstoppable. He seemed to get every rebound, made every shot and blocked every shot he could get to. It was awesome the way he and Croshere started this game.

Three cheers for JO. I don't no how he kept playing? I thought he was going to be out for the rest of the playoffs and into next year with an ACL or MCL or some kind of tear. Lets pray the MRI comes back negative and he's able to go close to full speed on Sunday. We need him!!

I also thought Jamaal really gutted it out and almost wish he wouldn't have gone full tilt after that loose ball as he re-injured his hamstring. I'll post on the Jamaal thread.

Great, great win!! with a gutty effort from our leaders plus Croshere!!

Water

Jermaine's game and toughness have definitely grown on me. My favorite Pacer games are the ones when he scores about 15, but pulls down just as many boards, has about five blocks, and dominates the inside on both sides which continues to open it up on the outside. Definitely one of Jermaine's best games yet, and yes, he has gotten better about whining. Reminds me of an old timer who is still with the team... (the growing out of the whining part)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love JO. He is so articulate that i wouldn't guess he came straight out of high school.

I love JO. He is so articulate that i wouldn't guess he came straight out of high school.
    Judging between him and Ronnie, you would probably say Ron was the high school kid.

sweabs

That's an awesome picture VP.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

When JO hurt his knee my heart sunk, it looked awful on the replay. I thought the game, the season, heck even the next several years could be over. Thank God it wasn't a injury like Al had, cause it sure looked like it a first. JO has to be one flexible dude, usually knees just don't bend like that without something bad happening.

I'm still worried he will be sore and not as effective next game. If he can give us the stellar defense and rebounding he gave in this game, we'll be OK.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It blows my mind that some Pacers fans still haven't figured this out yet. What are you waiting for?

Team leader... Best played in the EC... Legit MVP candidate... Dominant post presence... Good citizen... Tough as nails...

I took this off my sig line a while ago, but I Jermaine O'Neal.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you