Thread: A little video from the Fan Jam 2007

Default A little video from the Fan Jam 2007

Taken with a digital camera that was purely on auto-focus (hence all the blurry moments), I snagged the player introductions and a message by Jim O'Brien.

[yt]yDmGm6Z9tLk[/yt]

Default Re: A little video from the Fan Jam 2007

Was that this evening questionmark

My shift keys don't work for some reason...

edit; thanks for the video btw

YEAH FOSTER EXCLAIMATIONPOINT

Wow, Rush walks oddly...

Yes that was this evening.

Actually, I have one other video to share. I was at the dribble-thon (or whatever it was called), and was very close to the players as we dribbled:

[yt]mVNo8EaTLDQ[/yt]

I was a yard behind Marquis Daniels the whole way. Pretty cool.

The Future Is Bright JB's Breakout Year's Avatar

Thanks, Mal. Excellent work as always.

I was somewhat disappointed with the fanjam this year. The lack of enthusiasm was definitely felt. My kids and I really miss the scrimmage, we always thought that was the best part. Just my two cents!

Thanks for the Vid. . I'm glad I was able to hear That JOB speech!!

Talking Re: A little video from the Fan Jam 2007

The free basketball and shirts were cool though

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I signed up for that and was going to go to the fan jam but was unable to go. I had to go over to my uncle's house for a party with all the family. i was really bummed out because i looked forward to the fan jam

Im disappointed that it was so late in the month too

thanks for those videos though
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

streets ahead

i love how at essentially a pep rally, jim has to even qualify his pumping up the fans: "every practice...with maybe the exception of two...have been all out effort." he certainly is a straight shooter.

oh and are we retiring freddie's jersey or something?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fan Jam, talk about a real downer. Mal and I both noticed this was the smallest Fan Jam crowd that we have ever seen, but the most chilling moment was when Jim O'Brien asked the crowd who was going to be at the Fieldhouse on Wednesday. Mal and myself yelled a bit, but were almost immediatly in shock to find out that we were nearly alone in that regard. Very few in that crowd actually intended to show Wednesday.

As far as Fan Jam went, I really felt disappointed in how they changed it. In the past they would introduce the team, play a scrimage then it would be the annual rookie/newcommer's talent show hosted by J.O. (formerly Reggie).

This year, it was quite different. The festivities started out with a basketball dribbling parade from Monument Circle to the Fieldhouse at 4pm with actual events at the Fieldhouse starting at 5p. Well, at 5 there was a speech by coach John Wooden on the Jumbotron. After the speech they announced the full lineup of the coaches and team. Coach O'Brien gave a pretty good speech about how he feels proud of this team and how the guys have said to a man that, "this was the toughest training camp they've ever been thru". There was a shooting contest with audience and players. The first team to make a lay-up, free throw, 3pt shot & a half court shot would win. Kareem Rush would nail his first attempt at the half court shot to win. Next, they announced and interviewed the legends in the house: Mel Daniels, George McGinnis, Oscar Robertson, Darnell Hillman and LaSalle Thompson. McGinnis, Hillman and Daniels were interviewed together. In another interview break, Oscar Robertson did an uncomfortable one on one interview with Chris Daneri. Denari wanted to talk about the social changes that his Attucks team had brought about, but Oscar seemed rather uncomfortable to me. Larry Bird also did a one on one "fluffy" interview. The other skills contest was a loose take-off of the All Star game 2ball competition and a free throw shooting contest that put 1 legend, 3 pacer players and a audience member together to see which team could hit 15 free throws first. The event that seemed to be a real winner with the crowd was the "Simon Says" contest with that Steve Max fella. They pitted the players versus kids from the audience. He first went to the Pacers and eliminated them down to assistant coach Lester Connor then paired down the children to what looked like a 7 year old. Steve gave a few commands then called the game a draw between the 7 year old and asst. coach. A lot of the Pacers managed to get eliminated rather quickly with the exception of Jeff Foster, Andre Owens, Dunleavy, and of course Lester Connor. Cocah O'brien looked shocked and unamused that he had to participate, but was a good sport being eliminated early on.

The speeches were nice and all, but it just felt like all that didn't fit on this night. With so many youngsters in the crowd, it got really hard to hear the speeches because the kids didn't know these figures and could care less about showing them the respect they deserved, so that made it very hard to listen and pay attn to what they were saying. My own 6 year old daughter was rather board and tonight is usually about the kids.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

I took a few pictures, which I've posted here:

http://chaos.able-towers.com/~magicrat/2007-2008%20Pacers%20Photos/2007%20Fan%20Jam.html

The kids and I had fun. They got their basketballs signed by Boomer, Bowser and Freddie Fever. They high-fived most of the players and Coach O'Brien. Simon Says cracked them up. They were amazed that Kareem Rush hit the half court shot on his first try. They got pretzels and popcorn and Sierra Mist. They got some chuckles when Mel Daniels said "Slick said if I took any more long shots he'd punch me in the nose." Danny singled my daughter out of the crowd (she was wearing #33) and threw her a mini-ball. A big time was had by all..........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Here's Simon Says, including my favorite moment of the day: When Ike goes out first, Shawne yells "He no English!" Classic........

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I'm a little concerned about how small the crowd will be for the opener. And starting on Halloween doesn't help at all, and the Wiz aren't much of a draw. It will be the smallest opening crowd in many years.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fan Jam, talk about a real downer. Mal and I both noticed this was the smallest Fan Jam crowd that we have ever seen, but the most chilling moment was when Jim O'Brien asked the crowd who was going to be at the Fieldhouse on Wednesday. Mal and myself yelled a bit, but were almost immediatly in shock to find out that we were nearly alone in that regard. Very few in that crowd actually intended to show Wednesday.

As far as Fan Jam went, I really felt disappointed in how they changed it. In the past they would introduce the team, play a scrimage then it would be the annual rookie/newcommer's talent show hosted by J.O. (formerly Reggie).

This year, it was quite different. The festivities started out with a basketball dribbling parade from Monument Circle to the Fieldhouse at 4pm with actual events at the Fieldhouse starting at 5p. Well, at 5 there was a speech by coach John Wooden on the Jumbotron. After the speech they announced the full lineup of the coaches and team. Coach O'Brien gave a pretty good speech about how he feels proud of this team and how the guys have said to a man that, "this was the toughest training camp they've ever been thru". There was a shooting contest with audience and players. The first team to make a lay-up, free throw, 3pt shot & a half court shot would win. Kareem Rush would nail his first attempt at the half court shot to win. Next, they announced and interviewed the legends in the house: Mel Daniels, George McGinnis, Oscar Robertson, Darnell Hillman and LaSalle Thompson. McGinnis, Hillman and Daniels were interviewed together. In another interview break, Oscar Robertson did an uncomfortable one on one interview with Chris Daneri. Denari wanted to talk about the social changes that his Attucks team had brought about, but Oscar seemed rather uncomfortable to me. Larry Bird also did a one on one "fluffy" interview. The other skills contest was a loose take-off of the All Star game 2ball competition and a free throw shooting contest that put 1 legend, 3 pacer players and a audience member together to see which team could hit 15 free throws first. The event that seemed to be a real winner with the crowd was the "Simon Says" contest with that Steve Max fella. They pitted the players versus kids from the audience. He first went to the Pacers and eliminated them down to assistant coach Lester Connor then paired down the children to what looked like a 7 year old. Steve gave a few commands then called the game a draw between the 7 year old and asst. coach. A lot of the Pacers managed to get eliminated rather quickly with the exception of Jeff Foster, Andre Owens, Dunleavy, and of course Lester Connor. Cocah O'brien looked shocked and unamused that he had to participate, but was a good sport being eliminated early on.

The speeches were nice and all, but it just felt like all that didn't fit on this night. With so many youngsters in the crowd, it got really hard to hear the speeches because the kids didn't know these figures and could care less about showing them the respect they deserved, so that made it very hard to listen and pay attn to what they were saying. My own 6 year old daughter was rather board and tonight is usually about the kids.
    Yeah, even the players seeemed un-enthused with the speeches. The "old" player that seemed to get one of the biggest ovations was Tank. That was awesome. Although, Slick got a larger ovation as well, as well as Larry and the Big "O".

I personally was hoping for Reggie, but that was for naught and a bit of a downer.

Did anybody else notice Jamaal wearing flip flops, while the rest of the players wore regular sneakers. I thought that was kind of cheap.

At the end, Dun Dun looked right at me and through a mini ball right too me. That was kind of cool (I thought). The Steve max thing seemed to be the players most fun.

All together though it was a very good try by the Pacers to start investing back in the fans. I'll give them credit. Wish we could have seen more of Stacey Paetz, although she was sitting right in front of me, I didnt have the courage to go ask for an autograph from her.

Go Pacers!
    Last edited by BoomBaby33; 10-29-2007 at 07:49 AM.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Well the Pacers are no longer kid friendly. Opening night on Halloween....No trick or treat for you

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a little concerned about how small the crowd will be for the opener. And starting on Halloween doesn't help at all, and the Wiz aren't much of a draw. It will be the smallest opening crowd in many years.
    Yeah, at the end, Obie asked the crowd who all was going to be there Wednesday night for the opener and it was a very low number that raised their hand (maybe 25% of 5000 people). I know most of the people there were probably there for the dribble parade and the free FanJam though.

Wrong thread...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett