Thread: What would you do if the Pacers actually won it all?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default What would you do if the Pacers actually won it all?

I've been thinking about how great it would for the Pacers to actually win it all. I wouldn't know how to react if the the Pacers won it all. I think I would be totally speechless. I am 16 and have been following them since 1995, and saw them lose 2 heartbreaking ECFs series in 1998 and 1999.......and then was speechless when they went to the finals in 2000. Going to the finals was great, but no words could describe winning a title. These Lakers fans that have followed them for decades have seen so many championships. Just recently they saw them win 3 in a row. I couldn't imagine how that would feel. Title after Title after Title. I would love to see the Pacers win the title more than almost anything. I would cry if we won a title. And I think the Pacers can win one with Jermaine. The Pacers have never had a player this good in their NBA history. He is a top 5 player this year. I think he will eventually deliver us a title. I have never seen a team of mine take it all. I have seen teams get close, like the 2000 Pacers, the 2002 Hoosiers, this years Colts....but never have seen a team of mine take the ultimate prize.

How would you react? I know some of you older fans saw the team win 3 ABA titles, that must have been great.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What would you do if the Pacers actually won it all?

When the Pistons won the title I went into a fit of tears and ran down my block "sweeping" it with a broom....

Cars were honking, Pistons flags were waving, guys were yelling out "baaad booys, baaad boooys" out their car windows.....

.......god what a great day. And I was only 7 at the time.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Me and Cramerica would let Tucson know that the Pacers won the title. I would just be estatic and would buy anything Pacers.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I've been though three Pacer's championships, all ABA of course, and I didn't do anything special that I remember.

I guess I would pump my fist in glee, and then read every word I could find on their championship.

I would be ecstatic. More for the players (especially Reggie), the coaching staff and ultimately Indy. Personally, I'm not sure how I would react. Just revel in it I guess.

I was around for the ABA championships. It was great. But . . . it wouldn't come anywhere near matching one now. There was always a stigma attached to the ABA championships because we never got a shot at the NBA champion. Never, never discount what the ABA team did though. Those players are still revered in this city and rightly so. When I see the banners of McGinnis, Brown and Daniels hanging from the rafters, my heart knows so many others should be up there with them.

This town would go absolutely nuts if that were to happen!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I would do what all true fans do when their team wins it all. Get drunk, overturn cars, break into stores, loot, throw things at police, set the city on fire. ed:

Mood

I would do what all true fans do when their team wins it all. Get drunk, overturn cars, break into stores, loot, throw things at police, set the city on fire. ed:
    Sounds like fun...

Actually I haven't planned what I would do. I don't count my chickens before they're hatched, except if those eggs have a 2 game lead in the finals...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

I would be ecstatic. More for the players (especially Reggie), the coaching staff and ultimately Indy. Personally, I'm not sure how I would react. Just revel in it I guess.

I was around for the ABA championships. It was great. But . . . it wouldn't come anywhere near matching one now. There was always a stigma attached to the ABA championships because we never got a shot at the NBA champion. Never, never discount what the ABA team did though. Those players are still revered in this city and rightly so. When I see the banners of McGinnis, Brown and Daniels hanging from the rafters, my heart knows so many others should be up there with them.

This town would go absolutely nuts if that were to happen!
    Netolicky Lewis, Keller and Knight maybe even Boo Boo. Harkness (?)

Oh yeah...I might even treat myself to a Jim Beam Manhatten
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Run around my neighborhood in my underwear shouting with utter bliss.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Let's just say I'm certainly not above rubbing it in bandwagon fans at works faces

Seriously, they weren't Laker fans when the Lakers weren't winning, weren't Kings fans when the Kings weren't winning. I remember a couple of years there where the Dallas Cowboys clothes went away but they were back this year... hmm. Yeah, I'd soooooo rub it in.

Let's just say I'm certainly not above rubbing it in bandwagon fans at works faces

Seriously, they weren't Laker fans when the Lakers weren't winning, weren't Kings fans when the Kings weren't winning. I remember a couple of years there where the Dallas Cowboys clothes went away but they were back this year... hmm. Yeah, I'd soooooo rub it in.
    Heck yeah. That's part of the deal.

Southside_Pacer

If the Pacers were to win a title I'd have a ton of messages with nothing but dancing fruit!

But seriously, I'd be the happiest for Reggie since he's toughed it out for so long and gave given the fans so many memories year after year after year. He's earned it more so than anybody.

I do admit, I lost a ton of respect for Karl Malone when he decided to go to LA to see if he could get a ring the easy way. It'd be great for Reggie to beat Malone and the Lakers THAT way just to stick it to him.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I do admit, I lost a ton of respect for Karl Malone when he decided to go to LA to see if he could get a ring the easy way. It'd be great for Reggie to beat Malone and the Lakers THAT way just to stick it to him.
    ditto that! what poetic justice

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ditto that! what poetic justice
    And Uncle Reg would have earned more money than Karl this season, too.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

If the pacers won it all....I would wake up, cuz it would be a dream

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've already got it planned out. Actually I've had a plan for several years now but each time have been disappointed. It's been 20 years in the making for me and I'm going to celebrate like I'm one of the team.

Seeing that I live in Cincinnati, I'll probably scream and shout and watch every moment of the postgame interviews and such. Then I'll hop in my ride and make the late night trip to Indy to meet the team at the airport. It'd be really cool to high-five Reggie Miller coming out of the concourse.

Next I'll have to make up some excuse as to why I can't come into work for a few days... at least until the parade is over. PARADE! Dude, I almost forgot about the parade! That would be off the hook. There's no way I'm going to miss that. I'd be on cloud nine for no less than 3 weeks afterward.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I've already got it planned out. Actually I've had a plan for several years now but each time have been disappointed. It's been 20 years in the making for me and I'm going to celebrate like I'm one of the team.

Seeing that I live in Cincinnati, I'll probably scream and shout and watch every moment of the postgame interviews and such. Then I'll hop in my ride and make the late night trip to Indy to meet the team at the airport. It'd be really cool to high-five Reggie Miller coming out of the concourse.

Next I'll have to make up some excuse as to why I can't come into work for a few days... at least until the parade is over. PARADE! Dude, I almost forgot about the parade! That would be off the hook. There's no way I'm going to miss that. I'd be on cloud nine for no less than 3 weeks afterward.

You're right, it would be amazing to actually be there to see the players after the game, and the parade. If we had a series lead, and were about to close it out, I'd actually fly up and watch the last game in person. That would be my ultimate experience.

But with my luck, they'd lose.

I'd probably be extremely excited; jumping up and down...Then, I'd take a moment to remember all those great Pacers who left after 2000 and missed out on their chances to win the title. After that, I'd celebrate and go smash it in some of my Lakers fan friends' faces. I don't want to get ahead of myself and start thinking about winning it this year. I'm somewhat superstitious and don't want to get my hopes up. Good topic though.

Does anyone else watch this team and think,"This team looks like a team. They look like they could really win the title"? I just look at this year and will enjoy it because if we win it, I will have noticed that this team really played with heart and played as a team. If this is the year, I will be glad to have not taken this team for granted. I will cherish every win because you never know how long it'll be before another team like this comes along and you never know if you'll ever win it again. (Spoken like a Red Sox fan )

That's just how I am viewing this season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd do everything imaginable. I'd celebrate in the streets, greet the team back into town, attend parades, and, of course, gloat like a *******.

I'd watch TV and read articles for days, rewatch the game over and over, and buy every newspaper I could find.

I wouldn't go to work for at least a week.

It would be f***ing AWESOME.