Thread: No love for Pacers by espn.com "experts" predictions

It's my opinion, relax! Vince Neil's Avatar

Default No love for Pacers by espn.com "experts" predictions

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...anaPreview0708

ANALYST PREDICTION
    J.A. Adande
    ESPN.com CENTRAL: 5 | EAST: 13 A team heading in the wrong direction, as indicated by their record after acquiring Ike Diogu, Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy: 15-19. Might as well move Jermaine O'Neal.

Greg Anthony
    ESPN.com CENTRAL: 5 | EAST: 12 On paper, a team with a lot of talent. On paper, a team with a lot of injuries. Seems like a roster destined not to have a player go 75 games. I like Jim O'Brien as a coach, and he will benefit Jermaine O'Neal.

Jon
    Barry
    ESPN.com CENTRAL: 5 | EAST: 12 Don't know what to expect here. It's a team that has really underachieved the last few years. Biggest question is if Jermaine O'Neal trade talk finally results in a deal.

Chris
    Broussard
    ESPN Mag CENTRAL: 5 | EAST: 14 Dismissing Rick Carlisle won't remove the "Curse of Ron-Ron.'' The slide into the abyss will continue, and Jermaine O'Neal will probably be packing his bags before the trade deadline in February.

Ric
    Bucher
    ESPN Mag CENTRAL: 4 | EAST: 13 I know a high-ranking NBA official who sees them in the playoffs, based on the addition of coach Jim O'Brien. Does the league drug-test its front offices? Because what the Pacers don't have are enough Jim O'Brien-type players. Move Jermaine O'Neal already and get on with the rebuilding.

Chad
    Ford
    ESPN.com CENTRAL: 5 | EAST: 13 On paper, they look bad, but they could be a surprise "chemistry" team if Jermaine O'Neal stays healthy, Jamaal Tinsley shows up every night and Danny Granger improves. If they made the playoffs, I wouldn't be shocked. If they were worst in the East, that wouldn't shock me either.

Jemele
    Hill
    ESPN.com CENTRAL: 5 | EAST: 14 They'll be jockeying with Philly for worst team in the East. Inside, the Pacers are OK. But on the perimeter, they are scary. As in, bad scary.

John
    Hollinger
    ESPN.com CENTRAL: 5 | EAST: 14 Not sure what the plan is here, but busting out the dynamite is one they ought to consider. These former contenders have shriveled to also-rans with an aging, injury-prone, unathletic roster.

Chris
    Sheridan
    ESPN.com CENTRAL: 5 | EAST: 13 Expect Jermaine O'Neal's unhappiness alarm to ring by mid-December, and don't be surprised if he's the biggest star to move by the trading deadline (our current rankings, though, list Kobe 1st and JO 2nd).

Marc
    Stein ESPN.com CENTRAL: 5 | EAST: 14 I'm a Jim O'Brien fan, but it's clear that the Pacers need to start all the way over to repair this mismatched roster and that can only mean the trading of Jermaine O'Neal between now and February.

TOTAL CENTRAL: 4.9 | Standings EAST: 13.2 | Standings

Mood

Default Re: No love for Pacers by espn.com "experts" predictions