Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    OK Everyone - here's the discussion thread. Also, if anyone has any questions this is the place to post them.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  2. #2
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Hey Hicks, how long did it take you to decide on Durant?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    I was mulling it over most of the summer, but was barely leaning towards Kevin. Then when Greg went down it became easy.

  4. #4
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Part of me thinks that the Oden "camp" kept his ailing body a secret until the paperwork was signed. This draft (the real draft, I mean) would have been completely different if Oden's health were a factor.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,635

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Sorry LA, I gotta disagree.

    With so much money riding on that type decision I'm sure doctos went over the players, especially Oden, with a fine tooth comb.

    Not only was Oden the #1 pick but he has had some injury issues the past year or so.

    In the real world I could understand Oden going first but in the fantasy world, Durant going #1 was a no-brainer.

  6. #6
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    I'm looking to eather move up the ladder in the third round or trade my pick as i really should get some sleeep around then so if someone has some ideas i welcome them...

    Pm me....


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    What's surprised me is I have 5 people who sent me draft lists and on every one Oden was listed either 1 or 2.

    Before the draft my over/under would have been about 15.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  8. #8
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    They must believe in future Potential..... The Bender Dream must still be alive to some...

    it sure is intresting, like you say many better choices to help win right now..


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They must believe in future Potential..... The Bender Dream must still be alive to some...

    it sure is intresting, like you say many better choices to help win right now..
    I have no idea what I would have done (actually, since I'm picking for Ken, Oden falling to me would've been impossible). Not like I need to hold players for the future - probably would just depend on who else is left. I have a couple of 2nd year sleepers I'm looking at pretty hard.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  10. #10
    Member SuperReggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Ok, BC's internet appears to be down so dutiful daughter that I am, I will be helping him draft...i'll make sure he gets his beloved Vin Baker.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Rim, I sent you a list by PM just in case ...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperReggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, BC's internet appears to be down so dutiful daughter that I am, I will be helping him draft...i'll make sure he gets his beloved Vin Baker.
    As long as he doesn't take Maceo Baston - Scott might have to hurt him.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  13. #13
    Member SuperReggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    BC says Maceo is at the top of his list.

  14. #14
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,397

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as he doesn't take Maceo Baston - Scott might have to hurt him.
    Huh?!! Wha??? Maceo's available? I gotta revise my list. I'm watching you guys....
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Hey everyone, 2 quick questions

    1) Do we still have the Pager Message Feature?

    2) If so, could someone please remind me how to use it - been a while and I'm not seeing a link. Figure it'd make a good reminder for folks who are around but haven't picked.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh?!! Wha??? Maceo's available? I gotta revise my list. I'm watching you guys....
    You can pick The Dread Pirate Roberts if you want. Might not give you a lot of production though I hear he does have some potential as a slasher.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  17. #17
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,967

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Just logged on.

  18. #18
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    First Ten Picked are

    Durant
    Oden
    Thornton
    Conley Jr
    Horford
    Green
    Law III
    Blatchey
    Belinelli
    Jianlian


    if i'm not mistaken...


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  19. #19
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,967

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Antawn Jamison, or Jeff Green are on the block, I am looking for Guards.

  20. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey everyone, 2 quick questions

    1) Do we still have the Pager Message Feature?

    2) If so, could someone please remind me how to use it - been a while and I'm not seeing a link. Figure it'd make a good reminder for folks who are around but haven't picked.
    Pager Feature is not available at this time.

  21. #21
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Damnit, Jose! Spencer was exactly who I wanted to fall to me.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    I can not BELIEVE how quickly this is going - great job everyone!
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  23. #23
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    my two last draft picks are on the table if i can move up a hand full of spots in the second round.... sleeep sleeep....

    Picks 33 and 53

    looking for maybe a pick late twenties maybe

    and agreed with DK, the draft is going very nice indeeed, i remember a couple years back it was daylight when I was finishing....
    Last edited by GO!!!!!; 10-20-2007 at 09:08 AM.


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,635

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damnit, Jose! Spencer was exactly who I wanted to fall to me.

    I was a little surprsied he was still there for me.

  25. #25
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Keeper League Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damnit, Jose! Spencer was exactly who I wanted to fall to me.
    which means no way he would go to #30.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Similar Threads

  1. Official Keeper League Draft Thread
    By DisplacedKnick in forum Sports.ws Fantasy Basketball
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 05:15 AM
  2. Keeper League Pre-Draft Message
    By DisplacedKnick in forum Sports.ws Fantasy Basketball
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
  3. Keeper League Draft 10/20/07
    By DisplacedKnick in forum Sports.ws Fantasy Basketball
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 10:18 PM
  4. Keeper League Draft
    By DisplacedKnick in forum Sports.ws Fantasy Basketball
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 11:46 PM
  5. Keeper League Expansion Draft Thread
    By DisplacedKnick in forum Sports.ws Fantasy Basketball
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •