Thread: I almost left my school today and probably won't be coming tomorrow.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I almost left my school today and probably won't be coming tomorrow.

Crazy day today.

First off, we got a 2-hour delay, which was sweet. Then about half way through first period, the principal comes over the loudspeaker, and just announces that a student was confirmed to have the MRSA Staph infection and precautions were being taken.

So then everyone starts getting concerned, apparently people were cleaning the school in parts in white suits, where it may have been.

Now, the Staph infection occurs with skin, and the kind of infection the person had was MRSA which is a worse kind of it. Apparently it's killed before.

Tons of kids left today, and we got a announcement on our broadcast channel throughout the school during 4th period, confirming with a doctor what had happened and saying it's contagious but again, "don't freak out."

Tons of parents called in about their kids safety and we just told, don't worry, it's obviously under control, we're still in school.

I find that bull****.

Here's the article. And this is a time when just recently schools in Ohio had been closed because of this stuff, just as early as Monday. I doubt our school gets closed for a day, but either way, you may not see me in school tomorrow.

Before I forget, here is the article.

http://pal-item.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...DATES/71017015

What do you guys think? Check it out.

I find it bad that our school didn't even release us at all, and probably won't, but that's just me.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

woman without a team

Default Re: I almost left my school today and probably won't be coming tomorrow.

Kaufman would be a better person to give an opinion on this, but me, as a nurse I'm not all that freaked out about it. I'd be a little more concerned if you actually knew the kid. My suggestion to you and your fellow schoolmates (you'll think I'm kidding) is when you wash your hands sing the ABCs. When you're done singing you can stop washing.

As for not going back to school you'd probably be safer there since they've been cleaning. Anywhere you go there's a chance you'll come into contract with someone who's got something contagious.
    Last edited by grace; 10-17-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Default Re: I almost left my school today and probably won't be coming tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kaufman would be a better person to give an opinion on this, but me, as a nurse I'm not all that freaked out about it. I'd be a little more concerned if you actually knew the kid. My suggestion to you and your fellow schoolmates (you'll think I'm kidding) is when you wash your hands sing the ABCs. When you're done singing you can stop washing.

As for not going back to school you'd probably be safer there since they've been cleaning. Anywhere you go there's a chance you'll come into contract with someone who's got something contagious.
    I already do. Got to wash thoroughly for 30 seconds, at least.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Rumors had it, it was spreading. They apparently only cleaned a few areas, too, that's where the concern is.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Rumors had it, it was spreading. They apparently only cleaned a few areas, too, that's where the concern is.
    I'm just saying that if Tom Brady was there, that staph infection would have died out from a Patriots infection.
    Last edited by Natston; 10-17-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    I'm just saying that if Tom Brady was there, that staph infection would have died out from a Patriots infection.
    I'm just saying that I'm staying home tomorrow, even though the Patriots have apparently gotten a hold of the infection, it's being reported by Bill Simmons. They looked up some footage of the infection in action and before they went to fight it they knew what it would do from the video tapes, they could tell how the infection reacts, and the certain signals the bacteria call out and make. So that hopefully can help the Patriots kill them.

Cheating or strategy? YOU decide.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Several years ago mankind issued a memo that told all pathogens to stay out of buildings. The Staph infection while clearly breaking this rule, they just kinda misinterpreted the memo. Staphylococcus Aureus didn't even need that outbreak in Richmond to become who they are, so this miscue won't affect their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    Several years ago mankind issued a memo that told all pathogens to stay out of buildings. The Staph infection while clearly breaking this rule, they just kinda misinterpreted the memo. Staphylococcus Aureus didn't even need that outbreak in Richmond to become who they are, so this miscue won't affect their reputation.
    Whatever, the Pathogens* clearly are deadly only because they're in such a dirty place.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Anywhere you go there's a chance you'll come into contract with someone who's got something contagious.
    This is particularly true of house parties and girls who get drunk within the first hour.

I feel like you guys should know these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    This is particularly true of house parties and girls who get drunk within the first hour.

I feel like you guys should know these things.
    Oh yeah...*shakes head*