Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It appears J.J. Abrams has his Star Trek cast

Default Re: It appears J.J. Abrams has his Star Trek cast

Does anybody remember a few years back when J.J. wrote a script for the Superman relaunch? The details that leaked out made it sound abysmal, and Warner Bros. didn't go with it.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not a big fan of Abrams. I think Jennifer Gardner's hot and that is about it for my apperciation of his convoluted works.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

These story spoilers aren't even confirmed. They're just rumors. I doubt they'd be that stupid to change those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

FYI, the AICN story has been vehemently denied by one of J.J.'s writers.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The film's release date has been pushed back.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/140208_01.shtml

Star Trek XI will be released on May 8, 2009, depriving Star Trek fans of a Christmas Day movie present. As reported at Variety, the new Star Trek movie has been delayed by Paramount, who believes that a greater gross potential would be realized in the summer.

The move was part of a major reshuffling to the studio's release calendar as they try to balance out their 2008 and 2009 calendars now that the writer's strike has ended.

Thus far, Star Trek XI has no competition in its new release slot, although it is now due to open one week after 20th Century Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine and one week before Sony's Angels and Demons.

Other Paramount movies have been moved, including: Nowhereland with Eddie Murphy which is moving from September 26 2008, to June 12, 2009; The Renee Zellweger horror-thriller Case 39, which is moving from August 22, 2008 to April 10, 2009; and David Fincher's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which stars Brad Pitt and is moving from November 26, 2008 to December 19, 2008.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.