Thread: Keeper League Pre-Draft Message

Default Keeper League Pre-Draft Message

I just e-mailed this out to everyone - if you didn't get it, let me know.

Hey Everyone,

First, thanks for everyone getting me their protected lists - pretty much on time. I've attached it as an Excel file. Don't mind the "k's" - just how I marked who was kept and haven't bothered to delete them. If anyone would prefer I send them a text file instead, let me know.

Since Able is using NBA.com for stats, draft eligibility is pretty simple - anyone not protected and listed as a player on NBA.com as of Saturday is eligible to be drafted. Now if you want to pick up someone whose rights may be owned by someone but they're playing in Europe for a year or something, let me know - we should be able to work that in somehow.

Draft is pretty simple. On Saturday morning I'll open a draft thread on the PD Fantasy Sports Board. The draft will officially start at 8:00 a.m. Indy time though I may open the thread well before that in case anyone happens to be on early and wants to get a quick start. You will have 15 minutes to make your pick, timed from when the pick before yours is made.

Kraft and maybe Ken won't be able to be present. If anyone else can't be there, let me know. I'm happy to draft for anyone or you can find someone else to pick for you - I would like to know if you won't be there and who'll make your picks though. In this league, if you aren't there and nobody picks for you we don't fill in your roster - you'll have 9 and have to fill it from the FA list.

Anyone who wants me to draft for them, please get me a list. With 3 rds a 60-player list will cover it. Also send me any strategy tidbits you may have; frex, if you get a center in the 1st rd don't pick another center, only pick one rookie in the 3 rds - whatever.

I'll be pretty much gone Tuesday until Thursday afternoon. I will send out a final, brief reminder either Thursday or Friday, plus post something on PD.

Finally, I will need an assistant commish this year - chances are good that with the newness of the site Able is putting together there may be some manual data entry needed and if I happen to be gone for a few days people may want their transactions implemented before then. Don't worry - the owners in this league make the commish job very simple.

Finally, the draft order is listed below - PLEASE let me know ASAP if I've screwed something up there.

Curt

1. New Castle
    2. Amsterdam
    3. West Lafayette
    4. Burnzone
    5. Harlem (from London in the Jamal Tinsley trade)
    6. Cedar City
    7. Gotham City
    8. Harlem
    9. Manila
    10. Venice (formerly Canadian)
    11. Gnawbone
    12. St. Somewhere
    13. London (from Harlem, from New Zealand in the Bynum-Dunleavy trade)
    14. Bad News
    15. Bangkok
    16. New Zealand (from Harlem in the Bynum trade - Harlem received from Cleveland in the Shaq trade)
    17. Dynamite
    18. Roaming Gnome
    19. San Antonio
    20. Denton

The draft order will hold for rds 2 and 3 except London will pick 5, NZ will pick 13 and Cleveland will pick 16 in those rds.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Default Re: Keeper League Pre-Draft Message

I want to follow this up by reminding everyone of a few of the rules not explicitly stated in the "official" KL Rule Book.

1. You are expected to participate regularly. Now what does this mean?

You are expected to at least check in with the league once a day, at least to check trades. We have owners who make multi-team deals or are looking to make roster moves based on making an initial deal - leaving them hanging for 2-3 days is unacceptable. Now we're not crazy - folks will be away for weekends, vacations, etc. I will be myself. Just post a message stating when you won't be available and then it's on the other guy (or young lady - in addition to being multi-national we also have both genders represented).

It's also good courtesy to send some sort of message to the person proposing the trade - even if it.s a "What are you - nuts?" or "I saw your offer, let me think about it." This isn't a rule and I'm not gonna monitor/enforce it - but it is good manners for this league.

2. You are expected to make a good-faith effort to win games through the season.

Since we base next year's draft order on this year's record, you need to try to win game 56 just as much as game 1, whatever your status as a team. Again, if you drop some vets in favor of young players not getting PT once you're eliminated, that's OK - but I see stuff like lineups regularly not set for max point production and you will not be a league member. We have plenty of folks wanting to get into this league.

If anyone has something to add, feel free to plug it into this thread. I may find other tidbits as we go along and plug in a FAQ at the end of the rules, something I probably should have done a long time ago.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks for the info. Rim. I'll put together a list sometime this week and get it to you before Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the info. Rim. I'll put together a list sometime this week and get it to you before Saturday.
    When was the last draft you made? Maybe next year we should just let you set the date so you can at least make 1.

Doesn't seem to have hurt your team much though.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    When was the last draft you made? Maybe next year we should just let you set the date so you can at least make 1.

Doesn't seem to have hurt your team much though.
    I think I made the first 2, but it may have only been the first one. I'm not sure that i have anyone on my team that has been a draft pick of mine since the first one. I'll probably just make a list for each postion and then give you a set of criteria to use to pick for each round. Or, I may just make one list and have you pick the BAP. It depends on how much time I have.

I'm going to have to put together a list for somebody to draft for me. I strongly suspect I will be unavailable on draft day.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I'll be around all morning, I can draft for a couple of you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I'm going to have to put together a list for somebody to draft for me. I strongly suspect I will be unavailable on draft day.
    You couldn't give us this info. in Hiku? I'm disappointed.

Durant, then Oden,
    Mike Conley Junior, Jeff Green,
    Law, Brewer, Noah.

Is that better???

/// not my real list
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

So what's the deal with Indiana and the time zones? I remember there was always some issue with some parts of Indiana did daylight savings time and some didn't or part of the state was in the central zone and part in the eastern zone.

For the draft, is 8 a.m. Indiana time the same as 8 a.m. in Virginia?

Yes it is.