Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 146

Thread: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

  1. #1
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Kickoff is set for 4:15 PM. Should be a great game, and will let us see how legit Dallas is as a contender for a Super Bowl.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  2. #2
    Reppin the 317
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    zNo doubt about it, its gonna be one of the biggest matchups of the year. I have Cowboys winning. They are at home too so that should help them.

  3. #3
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    I don't think you can pick against New England just yet. They've shown really no weaknesses and are playing with stride. Dallas is good, no doubt about it, I'm just expecting New England to march in there and walk over them.
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 10-14-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  4. #4
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,470

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    I don't think this is really your standard battle of the unbeatens kind of game, because Dallas isn't as good as the top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC. Heck, they're barely better than Buffalo

    I expect a mediocre game from Romo, I think New England's defense will walk all over him and the offense will be swift as usual. 31-10 Pats.

  5. #5
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think this is really your standard battle of the unbeatens kind of game, because Dallas isn't as good as the top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC. Heck, they're barely better than Buffalo

    I expect a mediocre game from Romo, I think New England's defense will walk all over him and the offense will be swift as usual. 31-10 Pats.
    I feel the same as you.

    New England 31
    Dallas 14

    My gut feeling right now.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  6. #6
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    New England* with the touchdown.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  7. #7
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Romo sacked by Rodney Harrison*
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  8. #8
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,171

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Dallas sucks.

  9. #9
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    OMG Super Bowl Preview!!!!!!!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  10. #10
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Touchdown, New England*
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  11. #11
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    The Pats are really, really good. Why can't most Colts fans admit that - they are really good. And through the first part of this season they have looked better than the Colts.

    I must admit, I really don't know much about football though
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 10-14-2007 at 05:04 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Following AFC teams are probably at least 10 points better than Dallas:

    New England
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    Houston (with AJ back)


    So if you say Dallas it top team in the NFC, then it looks like they couldn't even make the playoffs in the AFC.

  13. #13

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pats are really, really good. Why can't most Colts fans admit that - they are really good. And through the first part of this season they have looked better than the Colts.
    Not sure who wouldn't admit the first part, but the second is easily debatable. The Pats haven't played nearly the schedule the Colts have while the Colts have looked really good in their games as well, and Dallas is barely an exception to New England's schedule to date.

  14. #14
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pats are really, really good. Why can't most Colts fans admit that - they are really good. And through the first part of this season they have looked better than the Colts.
    Who said that we aren't admitting the Patriots are good? Every intelligent NFL fan knows that New England* is a solid team.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  15. #15

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Sidenote to above- not saying that the Colts have been playing markedly better than the Pats, but to say the Pats have looked better than the Colts to date with no exception is in no way defensible if you've watched anything other than Tom Jackson yell on ESPN.

  16. #16
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,473

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pats are really, really good. Why can't most Colts fans admit that - they are really good. And through the first part of this season they have looked better than the Colts.

    No one has any problem admitting that the Patriots are a really good team. Everyone knows them and the Colts are the 2 best teams in the league. The problem is that most Colts fans have is that the media is practically crowning the Patriots champions already and gives the impression that the Patriots are light years better than the Colts.

    Up until this week, the Colts had played much tougher opponents than the Patriots had. The Colts creamed the Bucs last week without Harrison and Addai, and the Bucs had been a very hot team. Granted, if the Patriots can kill the Cowboys this week, then I will probably give them the nod for being the number 1 team because of the Cowboys being 5-0 and the Colts staying idle at the bye week.. But up until this week, the Colts were the number 1 team.

  17. #17
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    You're going to need 7, Dallas.......

    Folk splits the uprights for 3.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  18. #18
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who said that we aren't admitting the Patriots are good? Every intelligent NFL fan knows that New England* is a solid team.
    I can't believe I'm arguing about football. I really don't know that much about the sport. But I know enough to know that NE is much better than a solid team and so are the Colts. I think the Colts and the Pats are by far the two best teams in the NFL (as they were last season).

    Btown, I know you live in Boston and it must be painful. But the Pats have distroyed every team they have played this season. Sure the Colts have played a better schedule (although it almost evens out after this game at Dallas).

  19. #19
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure who wouldn't admit the first part, but the second is easily debatable. The Pats haven't played nearly the schedule the Colts have while the Colts have looked really good in their games as well, and Dallas is barely an exception to New England's schedule to date.
    I'm sick of the misconception that the Colts have had a difficult schedule while the Pats have had an easy one.
    Colts have beaten:
    New Orleans (0-4)
    Tennessee (3-2)
    Houston (3-3) (No AJ or Ahman Green)
    Denver (2-3)
    Tampa Bay (4-2)

    Pats have beaten:
    New York Jets (1-4)
    San Diego (Soon to be 3-3, crushed Denver..one of the harder teams on your supposed "tough" schedule)
    Buffalo (1-4..almost beat Dallas)
    Cincinatti (1-4)
    Cleveland (3-3)
    ..and now factor in the soon to be 5-1 Cowboys.

    Both teams have had relatively easy schedules thus far..however, the difference here is that New England has blown the socks off of every team they played. The Colts narrowly beat the Titans and would have probably lost if Ahman Green and AJ were playing when they played the Texans. But we'll see who the better team when they play in week 9. I've watched every game both teams have played in and I think New England is a better team simply because their defense is much better. Factor in we are getting Rodney Harrison and Seymour back before week 9 (2 pro bowlers), and we get even better on defense.
    Last edited by Moses; 10-14-2007 at 05:12 PM.

  20. #20
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe I'm arguing about football. I really don't know that much about the sport. But I know enough to know that NE is much better than a solid team and so are the Colts. I think the Colts and the Pats are by far the two best teams in the NFL (as they were last season).

    Btown, I know you live in Boston and it must be painful. But the Pats have distroyed every team they have played this season. Sure the Colts have played a better schedule (although it almost evens out after this game at Dallas).
    When I say solid football team. I mean a damned good football club at both sides of the ball. Not just an "OK" team. Just to clear that up.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  21. #21

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    I don't see anything in there showing that offering as being a non-misconception.

  22. #22
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,171

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pats are really, really good. Why can't most Colts fans admit that - they are really good. And through the first part of this season they have looked better than the Colts.
    Nobody's doubting that NE is good, but up until today, they have played exactly ZERO teams with a winning record.

    It's looking quite obvious that the Colts and Pats are in a league of their own, though, unless someone gets hot late in the season.

  23. #23

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe I'm arguing about football. I really don't know that much about the sport. But I know enough to know that NE is much better than a solid team and so are the Colts. I think the Colts and the Pats are by far the two best teams in the NFL (as they were last season).

    Btown, I know you live in Boston and it must be painful. But the Pats have distroyed every team they have played this season. Sure the Colts have played a better schedule (although it almost evens out after this game at Dallas).
    Not painful at all, my NFL allegiance doesn't really make me blind to reality. And God knows I've gotten to see plenty of Pats games. But I seen nothing in the analysis of the teams respective games and schedule showing that the Pats are tremendously better than the Colts, or have played as such. I'm certainly not being a homer and saying that the Colts have shown to be better than the Pats, but I won't be fooled by ESPN into thinking the Pats are on some sort of completely different level through Week 5, which is all that can be analyzed to date.
    Last edited by btowncolt; 10-14-2007 at 05:19 PM.

  24. #24
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see anything in there showing that offering as being a non-misconception.
    So you agree that the Colts have had a relatively easy schedule..and after this Cowboys game, an equally easy schedule to the Patriots right?..of course the only difference being the Patriots win by 20+ points a game.

  25. #25
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: New England at Dallas - NFL Showdown Special - 10/14/07

    Touchdown, Dallas off a Tom Brady fumble.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





Similar Threads

  1. Pic of Marvin spiking the ball against New England?
    By pacercoltfan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 01:57 PM
  2. Going to New England
    By PfanIU18 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 09:52 AM
  3. How GOOD is New England?
    By Hicks in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 11:17 PM
  4. Pistons = New England Patriots
    By canyoufeelit in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 07:58 PM
  5. Dallas Radio Reporting Dampier to Dallas
    By SoupIsGood in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 12:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •