Thread: Giving away free Pacers ticket is like...

Default Giving away free Pacers ticket is like...

offering people the black plague.

For the past 3-4 years I've lucked into free Pacers tickets at least 5 times throughout the season. I offer them to close friends, acquaintances, family and completely strangers.

It's like pulling teeth to get ANYONE to go to a professional sporting event FOR FREE. Now I know the Pacers have fallen on hard times the past few years, but still... There is another team playing and usually there is another star player that is worth seeing.

I had 4 tickets tonight for the game and I REALLY wanted to see Durant, but I couldn't get ANY bites on the tickets. I was kind of bummed and I really didn't feel like going alone. When I get Colts, Indians or Reds tickets, I definitely don't have any trouble finding takers.

The day that I personally turn down free tickets to ANY professional sporting event is the day put a gun in mouth. Ok, maybe that's a little much.. but unless I have something serious going on, there is no place I'd rather be than watching a game.

That said, my excitement for this Pacers season is increasing by the day. I've been please with what I'm seeing in the pre-season. A lot of my close friends have taken the popular stance of "hating the NBA" which I don't really get.. I mean, whatever it's not the same as the Jordan/Bird era, but I still find it very enjoyable.

Uhhhhh Go Pacers?

Default Re: Giving away free Pacers ticket is like...

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminooo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    offering people the black plague.

For the past 3-4 years I've lucked into free Pacers tickets at least 5 times throughout the season. I offer them to close friends, acquaintances, family and completely strangers.

It's like pulling teeth to get ANYONE to go to a professional sporting event FOR FREE. Now I know the Pacers have fallen on hard times the past few years, but still... There is another team playing and usually there is another star player that is worth seeing.

I had 4 tickets tonight for the game and I REALLY wanted to see Durant, but I couldn't get ANY bites on the tickets. I was kind of bummed and I really didn't feel like going alone. When I get Colts, Indians or Reds tickets, I definitely don't have any trouble finding takers.

The day that I personally turn down free tickets to ANY professional sporting event is the day put a gun in mouth. Ok, maybe that's a little much.. but unless I have something serious going on, there is no place I'd rather be than watching a game.

That said, my excitement for this Pacers season is increasing by the day. I've been please with what I'm seeing in the pre-season. A lot of my close friends have taken the popular stance of "hating the NBA" which I don't really get.. I mean, whatever it's not the same as the Jordan/Bird era, but I still find it very enjoyable.

Uhhhhh Go Pacers?

My suggestion would be to offer members of Pacers digest free tickets - you won't have any trouble giving them away and you'll get to sit with real fans. And believe it or not, most of us are really just normal guys and a few gals

I'd have driven up from Cincinnati.

I'm closer to being normal than JayRedd.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I agree with Uncle Buck.

Next time you get tickets, let us know. I'm sure you'll be setting with guys that really want to be there. You might even make some new friends.

Yes, offering them here is probably going to increase your chances quite a bit.

when will he ever learn? underwave's Avatar

I would definitely go. If you pay my flight to indiana from Seoul, south korea.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    My suggestion would be to offer members of Pacers digest free tickets - you won't have any trouble giving them away and you'll get to sit with real fans.
    I don't know about that. I know there have been times when MR has had trouble getting rid of his tickets. You know he has to be desperate when he lets me have one.

I live two hours away from Indy, and as long as it is logistically possible, I would take free tickets 95% of the time. Not sure if that means I have no life where I could drop everything and roll to Indy, or if I like going to games a lot.

One way or the other, I have a free ticket source that knows me as the "go-to" guy who can be notified at 3pm for a 7pm tipoff. I end up getting the call a couple times a year, but I would be happy to fill that role for any number of free ticket sources. Oh, and I take about 700 8 megapixel frames per game with a 300mm lens

I'm just saying...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you or anyone else here have tickets for a game you're unable to go to...then by all means PM me and we can meet up and ill gladly go to the game for you.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OK, I'll make it official too. Put me on your list too benjamin, if the guys above this post cant go. I would go in a heartbeat, barring a prior conflict with my kid's extracurricular activities. Once they grow up and leave, I might start getting to go to a lot more games (right now I go to about 5-7 games a year).

Go Pacers!!!

p.s. no doubt you would have a great time with any of the guys here at PD at any game. We are all Pacer crazy!!!

Mood

Heck, I'd even buy you a beer and some nachos, benjamin.

My family has 6th row season tickets, if I ever get a chance to go to Indy and make it to a game, I'll probably have at least one extra seat that I will offer to the first person that responds on the board. The only drawback is you'll have to sit with me and probably one of my drunk friends for the evening

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Offer them to people here, offer them to the REAL fans.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'd have driven up from Cincinnati.

You could have parked at my place and the 3 of us could have walked to the game, I almost bought a ticket but had home chores and the game was on TV.

Ask Gnome how often I pass up a free seat.

Of course I am just as normal as Anthem but more annoying, and not as funny as Redd. It's a win/win.

Not for you. For you it's a total disaster, but it's a win/win for my wife and I. I see a game for free and she is rid of the a'hole for a few hours.

The one serious aspect is that since I live and work downtown I usually can show up on late notice, and I'm die hard enough to do so.

I wouldn't turn down free tickets unless it was physically impossible to be at the game.

Why can't I live in Indiana. . .Although I have landed free Raptors tickets

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How about a Ticket Exchange forum section? For both free or cost tickets?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    you mean like a section for Tickets & Trades? you're right, that would be neat
    This is the darkest timeline.

Whaddya mean?

You don't think he wants to sit next to someone who's idea of cheering is yelling "Whammmy!!" on every three-pointer, reciting Dwight Shrute quotes in his ear all night, and making obscure references to faux-energy drink YouTube commercials no one has scene (When Jamal Tinsley gives you lemons...FIND A NEW POINT GUARD)?

Sounds like a normal, ho-hum night at Conseco to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Offer them to people here, offer them to the REAL fans.
    There goes Seth's chances.

Awesome, now I know where to go when I need offload tickets. I don't really like dealing with the "i need tickets" guys. I'd rather give them to fans that really want to go.

I'll definitely hit up the board next time I can't give away tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I assume you are joking, because we do have one

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Whaddya mean?

You don't think he wants to sit next to someone who's idea of cheering is yelling "Whammmy!!" on every three-pointer, reciting Dwight Shrute quotes in his ear all night, and making obscure references to faux-energy drink YouTube commercials no one has scene (When Jamal Tinsley gives you lemons...FIND A NEW POINT GUARD)?

There goes Seth's chances.
    Dirty.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Whaddya mean?

I was about to say I expected quotes from the Office, but before I posted I looked up Dwight Shrute. Good call on my part.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Good call on my part.
    Congratulations. You get one Shrutebuck.

man if someone offers me free tix to go to ANY sporting event i'm there! As long as it's professional and not some Triple A baseball team. LOL
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER