Thread: What's the best SG we could get for Ike and Granger?

Default What's the best SG we could get for Ike and Granger?

Title says it all.

I'm ok throwing in other players to balance the trade, but those would be the two primary pieces I'd wonder about.

If we're keeping JO, we don't need Ike. And if we're keeping Dunleavy, the dude should play at SF. Jay's been saying for a while that the only way to balance the roster might be to trade Granger for a SG, and I think he might be right. So who could we get?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: What's the best SG we could get for Ike and Granger?

That's a good question. You could maybe offer up Ike to the Wiz for Nick Young, the 76ers for Rodney Carney or the Bulls for Sefolosha or Antoine Wright from the Nets. I was thinking Rashad McCants, but the Twolves already have Gomes and Jefferson, precluding the need for Ike. Given their thin frontcourt, I'm sure you could get Orlando to part with JJ Reddick, but I'm not sure if he's muli-dimensional enough to be a long term starter.

Those are just ideas. I don't know if you can do better than that considering what Ike has shown so far.

For Granger, it's harder to figure because you're looking for better value in return. Despite his injuries, I think the Blazers are still a little too high on Brandon Roy to trade him. I think the Warriors would trade you Monta Ellis, but right now he's just a tweener/undersized SG.

I'm having trouble thinking of a pure, middle aged or younger SG that would be of proper return for Granger. I don't think he'll be traded unless he really falls out of favor for some reason or Dunleavy really blows up.

If you combined both Ike and Granger, then that gives you more ammo, but I'm not sure if the step up in what you could get in return is worth the cost.

when will he ever learn? underwave's Avatar

i used to think about J.R Smith but his mind about the game(esp. D) seems out of pacers need. i sometimes think about childress from atlanta but atlanta seems full of forwards. last three names...stuckey, strawberry, tucker. i can't think of any no more.
    if there isn't any good deals to make we probably should hope for the lottery and pick up derrick rose or somebody.

Granger/Ike is a fair amount of talent, but not enough to get somebody like Redd.

Think it's enough for Kevin Martin?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

What about Mike Miller

The Griz could move Gay to the 2 & start Granger at 3

when will he ever learn? underwave's Avatar

miller was my first option but his salary is too high. besides, memp front would not do it. they already have lot of young talents.

streets ahead

mike miller was one though but they'd want to move swift or stoudamire too and i can't see that happening.

corey magette maybe. we'd have to toss in a higher salary guy to make it work but i'm not sure and then theres cuttino who can shoot but he's older and theres another year on his deal.

one deal i do think could work for both sides:
    granger, murphy for terry, diop, ager

i don't know if its a given that ager would be included but i'd prefer it if they did (besides they need to cut their roster significantly)

our roster would look like

tinsley / diener / owens
    terry / rush / ager
    dunleavy / daniels / graham
    o'neal / williams / diogu
    foster / diop / harrison

for the pacers diop is obviously more defensive minded player and gives us some depth and an exp. contract. ager gives us depth at SG and something to build towards. terry has a big contract but he gives you a clear number 2 offensive option and he will easily be able to buy into the defense of obrien given he has been playing for avery in dallas.

why for dallas? many in dallas would like to move howard over to SG which they feel is his more natural position. they get two more shooters and murphy gives them the shooting that croshere had last year but is tougher and will fight for boards. they can bump danny into the starting SF role and ultimately they don't lose any shooting. ager wouldn't be seeing the court anyway given howard, stackhouse, jones, hassell and george would be in front of him (plus granger/terry).

i guess the question would be: would they do this deal for diogu instead of granger? i definitely don't think they'd toss in ager. but i suppose since they need post scoring they could use diogu off the bench.

EDIT: actually the more i think about it, we'd probably have to include harrison too to get diop. they'd basically be left with dampier and murphy as their centers (oh, and mbenga) and i'm not sure that works for them.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 10-14-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Reppin the 317

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger/Ike is a fair amount of talent, but not enough to get somebody like Redd.

I don't think enough..maybe add in a future pick or something and they might do it. I'd love to have kevin as a Pacer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

With the Kings being the next closest team to where I live, I do see a few of their games. I don't think Ike/Granger is enough. You'd have to add more for them to consider it.

Martin is by far the best thing the Kings have going for them right now. They have a number of declining vets on their team and their 1st round pick has had 4 knee operations before playing a single NBA game. They would really struggle to score without Martin.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Suns were to move Marion, I think they would strongly consider Granger and Ike for Barbosa.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Interesting to look at this after three games.

Anybody still think that anything short of Kevin Martin is enough for Granger by himself, much less Granger and Ike?
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

There were only two reasonable trades I could come up with that worked on Real GM.

I tried a Kevin Martin trade with Sacramento, but the salaries don't work out unless they throw in Spencer Hawes. I doubt they'd do that. Plus trading Martin for Granger puts them in the same boat we are.

The two that work:

Granger and Ike to Philly for Iguodala and Shavlik Randolph.

Granger and Ike to Portland for Roy and either Jarret Jack or Sergio Rodriguez.

I'm not sure I'd do either trade at this point. Iguodala is a great player, but he's not a great shooter.

Roy is another all around solid player, and the addition of either Jack or Sergio makes this more acceptable for the Pacers. But I'm still not sold that we're not giving up more talent than we get.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We could get Kobe for Danny and JO, I'm pretty sure of it. It would also work rules wise as longs as Kobe agreed to the trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    We could get Kobe for Danny and JO, I'm pretty sure of it. It would also work rules wise as longs as Kobe agreed to the trade.
    why would kobe agree? isn't the point that he wants to play with JO?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    If the Suns were to move Marion, I think they would strongly consider Granger and Ike for Barbosa.
    I'd take Barbosa. Heck yeah.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown