Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The ABA Draft List & Selection Thread

Default Re: The ABA Draft List & Selection Thread

We can not continue to draft at this slow pace for the rest of the draft.

I know of 3 people that didn't select during their 12 hour window & at least one other that took nearly that long.

I was very clear when the draft was to begin, at least the date the clock was to begin. I don't expect everyone of us to hover on this board waiting to make our picks but there is a draft order. If you know your selection is coming up in the next 5 or 6 picks it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with a half dozen names & PM them to me.

If I'm one off the guys picking before you then PM the guy that drafts just after you. Ask him to make your pick along with his. I was going to be out for a few hours today so I PM'd Rcarey. I was lucky enough to get the guy I wanted & we kept the draft moving.

Long story short. (too late)

Please try to make a little more effort in getting your picks made on a more timely basis. Either by checking in when your pick is coming up or PM someone a list.

Thanks

Day 3 is almost complete and we haven't even made it through the 1st round. Enough with the NFL impressions, let's get it rolling.

Jose, maybe shorten the time limit to 8 hours?

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by bnd45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Day 3 is almost complete and we haven't even made it through the 1st round. Enough with the NFL impressions, let's get it rolling.

Jose, maybe shorten the time limit to 8 hours?
    It really wouldn't make much of a difference, unfortunately.

We seem to have this problem every year. It's just one of those things. People have to make a choice.

1) Either sit in the thread all day like me clicking refresh when you have nothing better to do than study at your computer in the first place.

2) Feel comfortable leaving some names with another member, so that they can pick for you when the turn comes.

For most, it's going to be option #2. A lot of people only feel comfortable making the pick when they're doing it under their own will (I know I'm like that...so I make a consorted effort to check the thread many, many times throughout the day - I should be an admin with the amount of time I spend on here ). But if you know you're coming up, and you're stepping out of the house...for everyone elses benefit, leave a few names with someone. It really does help things move along...it usually just takes people a while to warm up to the idea and then we get moving (people tend to care less towards the mid-end of the draft).

I could see people not wanting to give a list to someone picking just before them, but......... giving your list to a guy picking after you?

Unless its at the end of a round where the owners need to pick so close together. Other than that, whats the big deal?

How about scheduling one round each day. Keep switching the times, if you can't make it, you have to put together a list for that day
    , hopefully you can make it the next day. Maybe 2 rounds on sat and sunday? 10 minutes to pick.

I didn't really think about leaving my list with anyone - even though I seen others were doing it. I've been hanging around constantly waiting for my pick, but unfortunantly it came up during the rare time I wasn't available.

I will say I'm hesitant to leave a list with anybody, not necessarily because I don't trust them (although I don't really "know" anyone) I just like to have a feel for whats going on. I tend to target a group of players but don't make a decision until the last minute.

I'll make a list tonight for my next pick and change my rankings 8 times by morning. I can't handle that kinda stress.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I bet i've checked this thread 30 times since the draft started. Its getting a little frustrating. I cant believe we are still waiting on the first round to be completed after 4 days (we actually started on Thursday).

On the other hand, we all shouldn't panic just yet. After all, we do still have 15 + days until the season starts. A round a day seems reasonable as some one else mentioned (1 hour per pick). Thats 12 days. Leave your specific list with Jose and / or RCarey if you want a specific player. Jose runs a tight ship from what I can tell and even if your picking right before him or right after him and he has to make your pick, i'm sure it will not affect his pick one way or the other. Between Jose and RCarey, we will get this draft done fairly quickly. Especially in the latter rounds.

Or we could just use the best available approach (yahoo fantasy, or cbs, or nba) when your pick is on the clock and you don't or can't pick. Ive done several NFL drafts this way, and it works out pretty good.

Personally id rather pick my own, but i'm willing to do this to move this thing along.

Someone explain to me why I came back to this league?

They took away my access at work, so FYI, if, my next pick isn't available by the time I leave for work (Which looks likely), I won't be making it till I get home. (I don't wanna leave a list)

I figured with it being the weekend, it wouldn't be too hard for everyone to pop in and at least get us through the first round easily. Wow, this is something.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Long story short. (too late)
    If that was a Clue reference, my hat's off to you sir.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Someone explain to me why I came back to this league?

They took away my access at work, so FYI, if, my next pick isn't available by the time I leave for work (Which looks likely), I won't be making it till I get home. (I don't wanna leave a list)

I figured with it being the weekend, it wouldn't be too hard for everyone to pop in and at least get us through the first round easily. Wow, this is something.
    I see where your coming from Skaut ech (no work access). But the reality is that, at this rate, it will take 36 days. Something HAS to change with 24 teams.

I personally like what bulldog said (1 round per day which means a 1 hour time limit per pick), but we would have to use a best available list from Yahoo (or some other fantasy website). Or you will have to PM who your targeting each day for that round to Jose and someone else that you trust. (Its what I just did with only JayRedd left before me, reluctantly). But I'm tired and I'm going to bed. Long day of work ahead tomorrow, and then my daughter's softball league (i coach).

Sorry guys. I suck. Was traveling all day.

I'll take Paul Pierce.

sweabs

With the 24th pick in the 2007 ABA Draft, BoomBaby33 selects...

Carlos Boozer from the Utah Jazz.

sweabs

With the 25th pick in the 2007 ABA Draft, BoomBaby33 selects...

Vince Carter from the New Jersey Nets.

Give me Jigga Joe Johnson.

rm1369 is now on the clock until 1:01 Monday afternoon.

At that time Skaut can make his pick, but since he doesn't have access at work, it'll most likely be a little later.

OK since most ppl in Indy are asleep at this time of day, I feel safe in posting MY opinion

Last time we did this, we got PM's when it was our turn, or when we were on deck.
    I do completely understand that this is way to much work for Jose, to even consider coming up with, however, let's make things easy.

The PM system on this board, can do and does in most cases, unless you set it NOT TO, send out an email to your registered email addie when a PM arrives, this email contains the content of the PM.

How about if you are "on the clock" you send a PM to the person "on deck" that it is his/her turn next.

This would warn anybody that their clock is about to start and they can then either notify someone to make a pick or pick themselves.

I am sorry for the delay I cost, I seriously do not read half the stuff on the board because I hardly have the time at the moment, I am still working on the software for the game and have several other projects I'm working on, coding time for me is at night and weekends, as I have to maintain networks and servers during the working day

hope everybody can agree to this simple improvement of a system in other ways very friendly

cheers
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

being another Owner from Europe - I second able's idea

I will select Emeka Okafor.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    With the 25th pick in the 2007 ABA Draft, BoomBaby33 selects...

Vince Carter from the New Jersey Nets.
    Thanks rcarey. I was snoozing pretty hard when you picked for me. Hope you learned alot from your studies.

sweabs

Hah - no problem! I don't know about how much I learned at that point!

Okay, managed to stop by a PC for lunch. With my pick, I take

Allen Iverson

I'll PM/e-mail rcarey and Jose and let them know I've picked.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

sweabs

With the 29th pick in the 2007 ABA Draft, rcarey selects...

Andre Iguodala from the Philadelphia 76ers.

(Thank you Skaut, for making my decision much easier. I was debating between those two all night).

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    With the 29th pick in the 2007 ABA Draft, rcarey selects...

Andre Iguodala from the Philadelphia 76ers.

(Thank you Skaut, for making my decision much easier. I was debating between those two all night).
    Me too actually. It was either Vincanity, AI1, or AI2. If I would have made my own pick, I might have picked one of the other 2.
    Last edited by BoomBaby33; 10-15-2007 at 01:15 PM.

I'll take Baron Davis

I will select Al Jefferson of the Minnesota Timberwolves