Thread: Something positive in all the negative.

Default Something positive in all the negative.

There's been some heated feelings here and alot of talk that I would expect from more populated messageboards. That's a shame because usually this is my main source to discuss any nba-related matters.
    I almost never do this but I thought I'd share some thoughts on everything so far.

This year has been for a lack of a better expression, freakin great. After the collapse last season I had no idea whatsoever what to expect this year but to say that I was pleasantly suprised is an understatement. This team played their asses off for us fans all year in such a consistent way that we're almost spoiled

I'm so excited with the players we have now and the future they may bring. We're blessed that we're no longer a "rebuilding" team. Sports is about being entertained and these guys are some of the most fun entertainers out there.

I've been a pacers fan for almost 10 years now and like most of you I had to "endure" the last 3 years of first-round exits. We went from that to making all the way back to ECF and we're still playing competitevly.
    Whatever happens now, we still have a bright future by the evidence of how we've played so far.

I know I've posted stuff that comes across as overtly negative after losses but in reality I don't give up. If I did, I wouldn't be here anymore.
    My defeatist attitude usually goes away if I calm down with some violent videogaming.

In the end I wanted to say that I really enjoy this place, the people and most of all I enjoy the pacers. The future looks good, enjoy that

Regards

Mood

Default Re: Something positive in all the negative.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I feel you efx , I have been a Pacers fan for 30 years and it's hard not to get frustrated and usually if I am upset after a loss i just don't post til I can cool down. I rememeber all the years at MSA where you were lucky if it was 60-70% full unless you had a big name team coming in like the Lakers , Rockets , 76ers , Hawks , Cletics just to name a few teams. There was always no problem in buying a cheap seat most the time as the ushers would most always let you move down to the lower levels.

I am more of a realistic fan than I am a homer fan and alot of times this offends alot of people , I wouldn't trade any of the 30 years so far as a Pacer fan but I don't think I can go another 30 years without a championship or falling just a brick short of the promiseland. The only thing I been doing to keep from going crazy is telling myself we can do it and that's what keeps me from going insane.

I really enjoy realistic fans , homer fans aren't my bag of tea and I enjoy debating but you will never get a homer fan to see anything other than a perfect world.

Regardless of the outcome of this series I'll consider this season a success. I'll be disappointed if the Pacers lose to the Pistons sure, but rarely does a team get over the hump to the Finals without taking some lumps first (Orlando comes to mind). Anyway, my 0.02.

Hey Saucemaster, I've been a fan for 27 years!! I think I still have every ticket stub from every game I attended! I remember arriving at MSA about 1/2 hour before tip off and scalping a 3rd row seat for zero to $10. Sometimes people would give me a ticket.

Coaches like Bob Hill, Jack Ramsay, Dick Versace (my goodness was he bad) etc. Then, low and behold, Larry Brown as coach and Byron Scott as a key NBA champion veteran came to town and turned this team around. Those Eastern Conference Finals games surrounding the Indy 500 were awesome!!

And finally, in the Larry Bird era, we achieved something I never thought possible when we got to the NBA Finals and were just a few plays shy of taking out the Lakers!!

I too think the future is bright and we are experiencing sum lumps right now, but strangely, I am holding out hope that we can overcome our deficiencies and get a return trip to the finals this year! Orlando did it against us, so I see no reason why we can't pull it off. We just need to play with high energy and track down every lose ball tonight.

I really hope it happens this year, because I'm worn out . For the first time in my Pacer life, I was NOT uncontrollably upset after Wednesdays loss. Not sure why...maybe I'm just beginning to accept the fact that I have no control over it and it isn't good for my two kids to see me acting so poorly.

If we can hit 38-42% of our shots, we can win Friday and I think that would kick us into a high confidence level we haven't seen since game 2 vs. Miami. This confidence boost would likely be out ticket back to the finals.

Keeping the faith!!

Water

Graywolf_59

Kenny and Scott get payed lot's of $$$$......and only have to practice and go thru warm-up's and then watch a game from the bench!I want that job 4 sure!!!