Thread: DeAngelo Hall for Kenton Keith trade rumor

Default DeAngelo Hall for Kenton Keith trade rumor

This very well could be an internet-only fiction, but this rumor has been floating around a lot today. Personally, I think with running back depth being such an issue coming into the season and Keith having such a good showing, this would be stupid, especially in light of Hall's very questionable behavior in the past. But perhaps the Colt's think Clifton Dawson can handle #2 when Addai returns and Hall would help in a game vs. the Pats.:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/story/2007/10/9/8040/03051
    "
    The lowly Atlanta Falcons have displayed some interest towards former Roughrider Kenton Keith, who is now a member of the Indianapolis Colts. Sources in the Falcons front office stated that General Manager Rich McKay has been in contact with Bill Polian, Indianapolis' general manager about a possible trade, involving Keith and Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall. Hall, the Falcons star cornerback, has been displayed some displeasure with the team in the recent weeks and has demanded a trade after their most recent game, a 20-13 loss to the Tennessee Titans."

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: DeAngelo Hall for Kenton Keith trade rumor

Nah, we don't need any bad attitudes.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

We have no other running backs other than Addai if he's traded and the Falcons already have too many running backs to give carries to.
    Last edited by btowncolt; 10-09-2007 at 09:14 PM.

streets ahead

we have carolina the 2nd week after the bye - sounds like a good idea
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we have carolina the 2nd week after the bye - sounds like a good idea
    David Carr's potential 75 passing yards per game scares you that much?

I trust Polian to make the right choice, and that is to stay with his gut that brought Kenton to the Colts to begin with. I think Hall's attitude would be fine if he was with a winner, but at this point, why risk it when our defense has been doing just fine so far?

We had a horrible defense last season, albeit mostly against the run, before the postseason started and we were still one of the elite regular season teams and ended up with a banner hanging. We played good teams last year and held our own. I'm willing to give the new corners (and the rest of the new defense) the faith to step up when it counts.

If we need anything, we need defensive line players...

I don't want to start a new thread about it, but I want to ask a question...When we start out undefeated for a number of games, like we have for the last several years, does anyone else hope we can shoot the moon and dog down that smug '72 Dolphins team? I want them to have to return that champagne that they buy every year waiting to celebrate when the last unbeaten team loses. That sticks in my craw. I would be plenty happy going 12-4 or 11-5 and making the playoffs and then winning the Super Bowl, but a perfect season to shut everyone up and step on the throats of the Dolphins would make me very, very happy!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

I think it would be dumb to trade Keith.

The Colts are making a strong effort to run the ball this year. Running backs take a beating. I think that if anything we should give Keith more carries so Addai can stay fresh for the playoffs. We don't need to trade Keith for a cornerback.

Hall is a great talent though and certainly would make a nice additon to the defense but I don't think it is what we really need.

It would be nice if we had Hall to help slow down opposing star receivers, like say, oh I dunno, Randy Moss...

But there are some serious questions, as others have mentioned. A paragraph full of questions to be exact : Do the Colts really need Hall, with the defense playing pretty well? Why mess that up? Would Hall's attitude disappear on a winning team? How long would it take for Hall to adjust to the Colts' system? Does he really fit in the Colts' system? Can the Colts afford to keep him for the long haul, if he does fit in and play well? Keith played pretty well last Sunday, why give up a good backup? Did Keith only play well because the offense is so good, and almost any RB can be plugged in an play well?

Like I said, a lot of questions. Which would make me lean towards turning down the deal, if offered. But Hall is a pretty good corner, so it's definitely something Polian should give some thought to.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Living in Atlanta, I can tell you that DeAngelo Hall is one of the most over-rated CBs in the league.

With that said, this trade would make zero sense for the Falcons seeing as how they already have Dunn and Norwood.

This is just a stupid rumor. We would be stupid to do it, and it really isn't going to happen.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Living in Atlanta, I can tell you that DeAngelo Hall is one of the most over-rated CBs in the league.

With that said, this trade would make zero sense for the Falcons seeing as how they already have Dunn and Norwood.
    First thing I think of when I think of him is being overrated. He's only known because of Chad Johnson and their little smack talks.

Only way this makes sense is if Bob's injury is pretty bad and we have to move MJ back to safety for awhile.

I don't really want to trade KK though. He's at least as good as Rhodes was last year, and Addai is even better this year. Our two-back attack was killer last year in the playoffs (I think our two backs and the OL were sorta the collective Superbowl MVPs), so I'd like to see us stay with that.

I'd much rather like to see us trade a pick for a strong-side backer to replace Rob.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Makes no sense to me from ATL's stand point. I can understand us wanting to upgrade to a shut down corner with Moss looking so good.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I believe that Atlanta may be shopping Hall, but I agree, I don't think the Keith part makes sense at all. The only non-message board site I could trace this back to was the Saskatchewan Roughriders site, so maybe someone there was just trying to pump their 'ole guy, Kenton.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    David Carr's potential 75 passing yards per game scares you that much?
    Check that. Carr is injured.

Vinny Testaverde's potential 17 passing yards per game scares you that much?
    Last edited by btowncolt; 10-11-2007 at 04:48 PM.

Freakin' Vinnie is the Carolina QB and I STILL can not get a freakin game ticket for less than $100 each. Jeez..You'd think the Colts were playing or something...Oh wait, that is the game I want tickets for.....

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    Check that. Carr is injured.

Vinny Testaverde's potential 17 passing yards per game scares you that much?
    boy howdy
    This is the darkest timeline.

Are you kidding me? This would be a steal. DeAngello Hall is one of the most talented young CB's in the game. Yes, he's overrated...yes, he's a bit of a headcase...but let's not act like he's Pacman Jones here. He has a ton of talent, and even if he can't play CB, he's a great return guy.

Kenton Keith had one good game, let's not act like he's some great RB. This is the same guy that got cut by the Jets two training camps ago. He is a product of our o-line, any RB with above average speed could've had a great game behind the holes they were offering our RB's. I like Keith, and he's solid as a backup, but he's not irreplaceable to any extent.

Reppin the 317

Kenton has done a good job so far as our spell RB. If his trade value is that high, then we should trade him for a CB of DeAngelo's talent. Nice young and could help us on special teams.

His attitude would adjust being on a winning team, with positive influences. It's rare to get such a good YOUNG defender. Do it, don't be foolish